+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nexe

Feb 23, 2021
Hi guys,

AOR: September 2019
Latest remed request: August 2021 passed September 1st
I’ve also received additional information request later around that time, which I responded promptly

VO: Ottawa/Ankara

In late November 2021 I was informed that all verifications are completed and that I should be waiting for a PPR. But it didn’t happen. Early January, I’ve got a ghost update from my panel. Yesterday, my representative told me that IRCC would require a new criminal check, as the old one is expired (I’ve not received the request letter yet though, and should be waiting), which is quite unusual to me. I’ve never heard from anyone here that they would require a new one.
Now there’s a new fear that they’re gonna ask for new everything (like language, etc.) particularly that I was in the final stage PPR. Any thoughts or similar issues guys?
Thanks

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
We received our COPR last week but the validity on my COPR/visa is incorrect. It expires same day as my spouse's old passport expiry (Feb 8 2022). Can I travel alone to complete soft landing and my wife who is not doing well can travel later? Is that possible?
Did you contact your local visa office which issued your COPR? Just explain to them regarding the passport update. You can travel alone for soft-landing but unless your wife is issued with new COPR , she also must travel by 8th Feb 2022. Try to contact them by all means.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi guys,

AOR: September 2019
Latest remed request: August 2021 passed September 1st
I’ve also received additional information request later around that time, which I responded promptly

VO: Ottawa/Ankara

In late November 2021 I was informed that all verifications are completed and that I should be waiting for a PPR. But it didn’t happen. Early January, I’ve got a ghost update from my panel. Yesterday, my representative told me that IRCC would require a new criminal check, as the old one is expired (I’ve not received the request letter yet though, and should be waiting), which is quite unusual to me. I’ve never heard from anyone here that they would require a new one.
Now there’s a new fear that they’re gonna ask for new everything (like language, etc.) particularly that I was in the final stage PPR. Any thoughts or similar issues guys?
Thanks
Don`t worry, they won`t ask for the language test again. Only Couple of friends here were asked to submit the Police clearance certificate again. If asked then submit soon to avoid more delays.

Nexe

Feb 23, 2021
Don`t worry, they won`t ask for the language test again. Only Couple of friends here were asked to submit the Police clearance certificate again. If asked then submit soon to avoid more delays.
Sure, and thanks for information buddy!

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Did you contact your local visa office which issued your COPR? Just explain to them regarding the passport update. You can travel alone for soft-landing but unless your wife is issued with new COPR , she also must travel by 8th Feb 2022. Try to contact them by all means.
Yeah I did. No response from them. Also should have clarified my wifes COPR/visa expires 11/2022 which is when our medical expire. It’s just my COPR that expires in 2 weeks since IRCC used my wife’s old passport expiry instead of new one which I sent well before they reprocessed our application.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Yeah I did. No response from them. Also should have clarified my wifes COPR/visa expires 11/2022 which is when our medical expire. It’s just my COPR that expires in 2 weeks since IRCC used my wife’s old passport expiry instead of new one which I sent well before they reprocessed our application.
Your COPR based on your wife old passport but your wife COPR date as per medical. God knows how they check & process our papers.
In that case, she has sufficient time to travel later as you said she is not well now. 13 days left on your COPR so just try to contact them to amend COPR. If not possible then make your plan B to travel at last hour for soft-landing. Search in the forum as many friends updated their soft-landing experiences.

Reactions: Titanium

Jaspreet.nz

Oct 29, 2019
Has anyone done a soft landing recently? just wanted to know if its possible these days.
Also, how long does it take to get your PR card after you have landed.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Has anyone done a soft landing recently? just wanted to know if its possible these days.
Also, how long does it take to get your PR card after you have landed.
Not yet but I am planning to around May this year (also from NZ). Keen to hear any experiences people have doing soft landing recently.

Leah Zhang

Jan 25, 2022
Hello, when did you complete your medicals? I can see it took some time before medicals passed. I am in a similar situation. Thanks
Hey, I completed my medicals on December 9 and didn't see them passed either. Until yesterday, I got a letter from Manila Office, asking for additional information about medicals, and then the panel told us one of my family needs to do an extra Sputum test and GeneXpert, which is ridiculous. Our first medical exams were totally normal, God knows what's going on this time...

Now we have to make an appointment with the Panel Physician to do these tests and wait at least 2 months to see the results. I hope you don't have to go through all this and get your medicals passed soon. Best wishes.

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
Hey, I completed my medicals on December 9 and didn't see them passed either. Until yesterday, I got a letter from Manila Office, asking for additional information about medicals, and then the panel told us one of my family needs to do an extra Sputum test and GeneXpert, which is ridiculous. Our first medical exams were totally normal, God knows what's going on this time...

Now we have to make an appointment with the Panel Physician to do these tests and wait at least 2 months to see the results. I hope you don't have to go through all this and get your medicals passed soon. Best wishes.
Can totally feel the pain you're going through. I hope you and your family get through this. Good luck ..