+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
hi, I still did not receive the UE nor any instructions.
how can I call IRCC from outside Canada?

I tried to purchase the Fogno world app but it does not download. it shows pending for installation forever. it also has a lot of bad reviews.
is there a way to reach IRCC by phone from outside Canada?

is it ok to ask a friend of mine inside Canada to call them and inquire about the status of my application on my behalf? or it has to be me?

Last edited:

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
hi, I still did not receive the UE nor any instructions.
how can I call IRCC from outside Canada?

I tried to purchase the Fogno world app but it does not download. it shows pending for installation forever. it also has a lot of bad reviews.
is there a way to reach IRCC by phone from outside Canada?
I tried a lot but gave up. I even opted for a virtual Canadian number (Sonetel) but still no luck reaching them. I would suggest webforms and copious amounts of patience. They do eventually respond.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hello. I am a pre-March 2020 case. My COPR had expired in May 2020.

I have received a few emails here and there from IRCC, and I had also received the 'are you still willing to immigrate' email back in February of this year 2021 - but nothing since then. The only ghost update was that my profile was reactivated around the same time.

In the last 10 months, my profile has stayed at 'processing'. I haven't received any re-medical requests.

Is there anybody else in a similar situation? Have I missed out on any major news? Should I be willing to let go of hope at this point in time lol?
Do not give hope. I am post March, and in similar situation. While my application has been in reprocessing stage since Jan this year, I received the ‘still interested..’ mail last month.
Sometimes it gets very confusing the way the applications are getting cleared but seeing good progress With others applications gives me lots of positivity that we will all receive our CoPRs soon.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Medicals passed. No other updates. I guess their priority ranking is: Aghan refugees, Family reunification, Backlogs etc…. I happened to read this news too. It’s shocking and terrifying. I hope they have some efficient mechanism in place to clear the backlog. Did u happen to read the letters send to IRCC by shadow ministers? They have suggested sensible solutions to tackle the current backlogs.
Is it the one sent by Ms Jenny Kwan?

skndmx

Jul 25, 2019
Still no request for re-med after 1 month of receiving and replying to the "Do you still want to immigrate" email.
Anyone with similar timelines? Mine is post March, and initial VISA expired in March 2021.

ConnectTheDot

Sep 18, 2021
Hello All,
I am a march 2020 CoPR candidate and my 1st CoPR expired in May 2020. I could not travel due to Covid-19 travel restrictions. I got a request for remedical in August 2021 and yesterday- 19th Nov,2021 I have received the request for Right of Permanent Residency Fees (RPRF) payment of CAD $ 980 for myself and my spouse.
I had already paid RPRF at the time of filing and they are saying the refund was initiated in July, 2021 but I have not received the refund yet.

Can you please help with below query-
1) Normally how much time it takes for RPRF refund to credited to my account
2) Once I get my revised CoPR, can I travel alone and my wife joining me 2 months later?
3) I have a Canada WP that was initiated by my company a few months back and is still pending Approval. What happens, if my PR is approved before my WP.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Still no request for re-med after 1 month of receiving and replying to the "Do you still want to immigrate" email.
Anyone with similar timelines? Mine is post March, and initial VISA expired in March 2021.
Whats your AoR n VO?

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys,

I just completed my re-medicals. And this time around they have added a new test called Creatinine, serum to test kidney function. My results came 1.34 mg/dL (normal range 0.7-1.2 mg/dL). I have checked various websites and some of them consider 0.7-1.35 as a normal range for a male. Not sure if this is a concern. I did a routine blood test in October, and my creatinine results came as 1.2 mg/dL.

If anyone else is / was in a similar situation, please respond to my post and tell me what happened in your case.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi guys,

I just completed my re-medicals. And this time around they have added a new test called Creatinine, serum to test kidney function. My results came 1.34 mg/dL (normal range 0.7-1.2 mg/dL). I have checked various websites and some of them consider 0.7-1.35 as a normal range for a male. Not sure if this is a concern. I did a routine blood test in October, and my creatinine results came as 1.2 mg/dL.

If anyone else is / was in a similar situation, please respond to my post and tell me what happened in your case.
Your & mine re-medical date is same. Mine clinic didn`t told anything abt new test. It seems test differs from country to country. I don`t think that result might hamper your file in any way. Your creatinine result is at the border line of the normal range so it’s time to take some extra care.

There are 3 possible reasons for medical inadmissibility. Below is the link.
Medical inadmissibility - Canada.ca

A_D

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Another addition to the priority list would be student visa because winter classes are commencing January 10th and IRCC has to make decisions on their profiles asap. Obviously they take precedence because that's what we saw when the travel restrictions were lifted for them, much earlier than us.
Well, that is the issue here also, my wife is enrolled at Osgoode Hall law, York University for her LLM and the winter session classes are in-person.
We have to enter Canada before that. It's her last term. Raised web forms, and asked for an AL also , but no response yet. While the rest of her batch from India are already in Toronto all thanks to the student visa. And here we are waiting like idiots with COPR. ( expired now thanks to them ) So irritating

AOR - APRILL 2019
COPR- MARCH 18th 2020
COPR EXPIRED - MARCH 11TH 2021
RE MEDS- COMPELETED 8TH OCTOBER
RE-MEDS- UPLOADED 17TH OCTOBER

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Yes. I am still waiting for re-medical request. I replied back to UM next day on 29th September, 2021. After that I got my account changed on 24th October,2021 and it went to processing stage. Till then I am waiting for next step..

AllonsY

Nov 17, 2021
Well, that is the issue here also, my wife is enrolled at Osgoode Hall law, York University for her LLM and the winter session classes are in-person.
We have to enter Canada before that. It's her last term. Raised web forms, and asked for an AL also , but no response yet. While the rest of her batch from India are already in Toronto all thanks to the student visa. And here we are waiting like idiots with COPR. ( expired now thanks to them ) So irritating

AOR - APRILL 2019
COPR- MARCH 18th 2020
COPR EXPIRED - MARCH 11TH 2021
RE MEDS- COMPELETED 8TH OCTOBER
RE-MEDS- UPLOADED 17TH OCTOBER
All we can do is to have faith and patiently wait for the fresh PPR. I have a feeling that in couple of weeks time, IRCC will be sending those in batches. I hope it happens soon and you can plan your travel at the earliest.. best wishes

Kishan2020

Mar 3, 2019
Hi guys,

The normal range is just a reference, they will see it collectively with other results. Unless you have a major health problem you will not fail the health test ..