+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
I received the “ do you still want to immigrate to canada” email in September but missed the email and only found today 10/26 and replied. Not sure if they will still honor us.
Anyone have similar experience and fortunately had a positive outcome ?
Haven`t heard anyone who missed to reply here in forum & Facebook group. We have spent years for the process and they just can`t close our files giving 10 days reply ultimatum. Hopefully they won`t ignore. Please don`t forget to frequently check the mail updates now onwards. You might miss the re-medical deadline too. :)

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
Hi , is there anyone residing in canada and waiting for the renewed copr ? Post march 18 2020 .Mine expired last september and there has been deafening silence from ircc , No remedical or any other paperwork was asked . Its giving me real bad anxiety now . I am just sitting home , I cant work and it's really stressful .

Reactions: Lilian2021

Sirpomp

Feb 5, 2020
Hi , is there anyone residing in canada and waiting for the renewed copr ? Post march 18 2020 .Mine expired last september and there has been deafening silence from ircc , No remedical or any other paperwork was asked . Its giving me real bad anxiety now . I am just sitting home , I cant work and it's really stressful .
Hi, can I ask why you didn't sort out your landing as you are already in Canada? Were you in Canada or abroad when your COPR was issued/expired?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
I still haven't received it Ahmed. Its rather strange if we don't receive it this week as they more or less said it was a certainty all pre and post March expired holders would receive the email by the end of October. If nothing is received by the end of the week I am going try my utmost to get in contact.
where IRCC have said that they will send email certainly by the end of october. I am post march COPR and have not received the email yet.
AOR Dec 2019
Extended COPR expired Sept-2021
CEC-Inland applicant

Reactions: smithplato

sumcando

Mar 16, 2019
Can someone pls advise what is the stance on soft landing? I am aware that currently soft landing is not allowed but I have also read about people doing so from the US via road. Is it dependent on country of residence? or Is it not allowed when you travel by air?

Does anyone know who has done this? Or any links where people have shared their experience of same where country of residence is not US

Appreciate your input and thank you.

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
Hi folks, I am a expired COPR holder (pre March 2020) and i have not receive any communication regarding "do you still want to immigrate" email. I ordered GCMS notes to check if i have missed any communication from IRCC (just in case), and I noticed that APP status is CLOSED now and APP status reason is APPROVED. My question is that should i be concern about the Application status even though I am sure that i have not missed any commuction? I have sent webform to confirm that i am ready to travel to Canada and still waiting for IRCC to send this "do you still want to immigrate" email...
I am in the same situation. I still haven't received the email and I am pre March. Its rather strange since the promise was before the end of October. If I don't receive tomorrow, Friday I will be trying to get in contact.

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
after the expiration of my CoPR back in August 2021. I emailed the VO -Cairo- and they replied after a month in Sept 2021.
in summary, they told me: to wait for further contact and that I do not need to contact them again.
I m not sure what else can be done besides this stressful waiting! :(
It is very stressful waiting Ahmed. Since your COPR has just expired and I redid my medical with an expiration of Aug 2020. They may extend the warranty on our medicals and we may be given a pass. Keep me updated if you hear anything and I'll do the same

Reactions: Ahmed_2001

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
Hi, can I ask why you didn't sort out your landing as you are already in Canada? Were you in Canada or abroad when your COPR was issued/expired?

Borders were closed and iRCC had strictly mentioned that travelling to the port of entry is non essential travel and you have to 'wait' .. I called them every week during the validity of my COPR . But they had no plan in place and none yet

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I am a little confused. Friends of mine with February 2020 AOR got updates on their profile, but I am yet to get any. We all got an ultimatum email on the 5th of October. However, after replying to the email on the same day (5th October), I got a GU on 6th October but it didn't remove my counterfoil. Please note, I have attached my new passport (where my National identification number and address are changed). Will this be a problem?

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
where IRCC have said that they will send email certainly by the end of october. I am post march COPR and have not received the email yet.
AOR Dec 2019
Extended COPR expired Sept-2021
CEC-Inland applicant
Hi there,

There was a conference between a representative and the IRCC and it was mentioned the aim was for the end of October to have all expired COPR candidates contacted. I seen it mentioned- I will dig it out and post it at the earliest.

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019
I am in the same situation. I still haven't received the email and I am pre March. Its rather strange since the promise was before the end of October. If I don't receive tomorrow, Friday I will be trying to get in contact.
thx a lot for sharing your similar experience... hope we will get something soon :)

Reactions: smithplato

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Been 7/8 months since re-medical. ~5 months since travel authorization letter expired. Have ~4 months before the new CoPR expires. Haven't received any other communication since.

Hopefully, things get sorted out properly for everyone waiting.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi there,

There was a conference between a representative and the IRCC and it was mentioned the aim was for the end of October to have all expired COPR candidates contacted. I seen it mentioned- I will dig it out and post it at the earliest.
That was posted by `Shelby Thevenot` on 1st Sept. You can check that on her twitter for detail.