+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Svaba

Apr 22, 2020
Thank you CakeLover. The thing is that I have already submitted my Canadian address and Photo on my Permanent Residency Confirmation portal. It is written that my address was accepted by IRCC, and status for photo is "in review with IRCC" - it should meet all criteria. I subbmited everything in the beginning of June already...

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hey guys, I am flying to Canada in a few hours. I am a little bugged as to how to respond to the Arrivecan question "what is the purpose of your travel?" There are a bunch of options, none which cover my situation: new immigrant holding a COPR. I selected the last option (none of the above) but not sure.

Returning to Canada
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person registered under the Indian Act returning to Canada. This group of people can always enter Canada if they meet the requirements.

Family reunification
A foreign national who intends to enter Canada to be with an immediate family member (as defined in the Emergency Orders made under the Quarantine Act) who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, and can demonstrate the intent to stay for a period of at least 15 days.

Foreign worker
A foreign national who seeks to enter Canada to work and who either holds a valid work permit, has received approval of their application for a work permit, or who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit.

Study (international student)
A foreign national who holds a study permit, whose application for a study permit was approved, or who is entitled to apply for a study permit at the port of entry, and who seeks to enter Canada to study at a designated learning institution listed on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

Study (US-Canada cross-border student)
Students, from kindergarten to post-secondary, who cross the Canada-US border regularly or daily to attend school.

Compassionate grounds

Persons who have a valid letter issued by the Minister of Health or her delegate allowing them to enter Canada for compassionate reasons, in accordance with Emergency Orders made under the Quarantine Act.

None of the above

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hey guys, I am flying to Canada in a few hours. I am a little bugged as to how to respond to the Arrivecan question "what is the purpose of your travel?" There are a bunch of options, none which cover my situation: new immigrant holding a COPR. I selected the last option (none of the above) but not sure.

Returning to Canada
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person registered under the Indian Act returning to Canada. This group of people can always enter Canada if they meet the requirements.

Family reunification
A foreign national who intends to enter Canada to be with an immediate family member (as defined in the Emergency Orders made under the Quarantine Act) who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, and can demonstrate the intent to stay for a period of at least 15 days.

Foreign worker
A foreign national who seeks to enter Canada to work and who either holds a valid work permit, has received approval of their application for a work permit, or who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit.

A foreign national who holds a study permit, whose application for a study permit was approved, or who is entitled to apply for a study permit at the port of entry, and who seeks to enter Canada to study at a designated learning institution listed on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.

Students, from kindergarten to post-secondary, who cross the Canada-US border regularly or daily to attend school.

Compassionate grounds

Persons who have a valid letter issued by the Minister of Health or her delegate allowing them to enter Canada for compassionate reasons, in accordance with Emergency Orders made under the Quarantine Act.

None of the above
I guess “None of the above” or “Foreign worker” both may be applicable ( considering the latter states “or who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit”).
Wishing you a pleasant journey and a happy life ahead in Canada!

Reactions: idhar_chicha

BenMark

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Please Guys, I am in a strait... I am about to submit my application for PR through EE and I want to be sure on the following:

1) I want to know if I have to attach my study permit with the application?
2) Similarly, do I need to also attach my SIN, and employment letter with the application?
3) And finally, as an international student do I have to attach my university admission letter to the application?

In the end, can someone help me with a list of documents required for int'l students studying in Canada who got ITA.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020

Returning to Canada

Family reunification

Foreign worker

Compassionate grounds

None of the above
Foreign worker should be the option since you qualify under this statement - "who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit."

CakeLover

Aug 19, 2021
Thank you CakeLover. The thing is that I have already submitted my Canadian address and Photo on my Permanent Residency Confirmation portal. It is written that my address was accepted by IRCC, and status for photo is "in review with IRCC" - it should meet all criteria. I subbmited everything in the beginning of June already...
If you still not receive your PR card, please refer to same upper link --> "Once we review and accept the photo you submit, it will show this in the portal and you should get your PR card within two weeks. We’ll send it to the mailing address in Canada you gave us. You can check to see if we’ve accepted your photo through the portal."

:confused:maybe your photo still not accept so delayed to mail you your PR card!

D

Deleted member 1050918

Application approved today -20th Aug, Counterfoil generated and visa valid till 24th April 2022.
Congratz! What's your stream and aor date? Also are you inland or outland?

KEIVAN_NA

Sep 25, 2020
New COPR Reissued - got my passport today delivered by Blue Dart :)

I got an update on 17 August in my GCKey that the counterfoil has been generated

New COPR valid till end of 1 year of remedical - 2021

Original COPR signed - 18th March 2020, expired 27 June 2020
RTT Oct 2020
Remedical - 8th March 2021
Passport submitted on 19 July 2021.
Passport Reached IRCC on 23 July

Planning to travel in Feb 2022***

@idhar_chicha @CNP @Fmegha86 @Sahilvee @JagjyotSingh @pavie24 @DixvilleNotch @sr.nadar @Saira443 @saini1987
Let me know if you'd like to keep in touch - ill ping you my mobile number on PM
Hi and congratulations,

Did you receive any " Travel Restriction Advisory Letter" with your passport and COPR?

I mean is there anything indicating you cannot travel at the moment, or you are allowed to land as soon as you want to?

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Congrats fam. Mind sharing your timeline with us?
did my upfront medicals on Feb 19, 2021
Are you still interested to travel email from ircc received on - 17th April 2021
replied to the email on - 20th April 2020
Medical updated - 21st May 2021
PPR 2- 7th June 2021
VFS web form filled- 19th July 2021
Passport received by IRCC on- July 23rd 2021
Counter foil updated-20th August 2021