COPR and coronavirus

jann719

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yes,few of us post March copr holders who got remed last month have been getting medical passed on our profile.
I think IRCC is perhaps doing a batch by batch thing. Just guessing though
When did Medical Passed reflect on your profile? Just recently? Thank you!

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi. I am expecting PPR request anytime soon. But my daughter's passport will get expired in Feb 2022 (which is exactly 6months) Do I need to renew my daughter's passport or wait for instructions from IRCC?

@legalfalcon @CNP @idhar_chicha Could you pls let me know your thoughts.
Are you based in India? Then I would say renew your passport under Tatkal and you will get it very quickly. Recently one of my friend (in Hyderabad) got it renewed and the new passport in hand in 7 days (including Police verification since there was a change in the address).

And IRCC's advice on 6 month's validity is for our convenience more than anything. Usually the PRV stamping expiry date is linked to the medical being valid for a year and in your case the validity may move ahead based on the Passport being valid? I'm just guessing. Here is a similar case and this is how IRCC responded:

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Than
Are you based in India? Then I would say renew your passport under Tatkal and you will get it very quickly. Recently one of my friend (in Hyderabad) got it renewed and the new passport in hand in 7 days (including Police verification since there was a change in the address).

And IRCC's advice on 6 month's validity is for our convenience more than anything. Usually the PRV stamping expiry date is linked to the medical being valid for a year and in your case the validity may move ahead based on the Passport being valid? I'm just guessing. Here is a similar case and this is how IRCC responded:

Thank you so much for a detailed response :). Yes I am based in India.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi. I am expecting PPR request anytime soon. But my daughter's passport will get expired in Feb 2022 (which is exactly 6months) Do I need to renew my daughter's passport or wait for instructions from IRCC?

@legalfalcon @CNP @idhar_chicha Could you pls let me know your thoughts.
If the passport is expiring soon, you should renew it and inform IRCC by sending a scan of the passport. This will help you in tow ways.

1. The PR visa is usually not issued beyond the validity of the passport. If the passport is expiring soon, the visa validty will be limited.

2. If the passport expires after you move to Canada, you will have to go through all the hurdles of getting it through your country's embassy, and it may be much easier to have it done in your current country of residence.

Reactions: Zahya

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
If the passport is expiring soon, you should renew it and inform IRCC by sending a scan of the passport. This will help you in tow ways.

1. The PR visa is usually not issued beyond the validity of the passport. If the passport is expiring soon, the visa validty will be limited.

2. If the passport expires after you move to Canada, you will have to go through all the hurdles of getting it through your country's embassy, and it may be much easier to have it done in your current country of residence.
Thank you so much for your response. Very helpful.

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hi Friends,

Would like to get info about upfront medical. How long IRCC will take to assess the upfront medical report after submission.
is there any benefit to speed up getting PPR for upfront medical for outland Candidates?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Thank you
IRCC only gave 30 days to finish the re-medicals but my parents have to fly to a different city to do re-medicals as the city they live in has no IRCC approved medical practitioners. Looking at the current situation in India, I am feeling its not safe to fly. Can I fill up a webform and ask IRCC to extend the re-medicals deadline again? Will they do that for re-medicals?

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
IRCC only gave 30 days to finish the re-medicals but my parents have to fly to a different city to do re-medicals as the city they live in has no IRCC approved medical practitioners. Looking at the current situation in India, I am feeling its not safe to fly. Can I fill up a webform and ask IRCC to extend the re-medicals deadline again? Will they do that for re-medicals?
Your personal situation is unique to you, so if your parents cannot travel to a medical center, then raise a webform. However, are you based out of India? If yes, then I would recommend you to still make it to the other city and get done with it. The 3rd wave is kicking off, and by the pattern of things, the VFS/IRCC offices would shut, the domestic flight bans would kick in, and states would impose entry/exit restrictions - which are all just one part of the complication. Additionally, IRCC has a massive backlog and you would go behind on the queue. But once again, your personal situation is unique to you and you must take a call based on what you think is right for you.

mansham.bhargava

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hi
I’m in the exact same situation as you. No reply from IRCC after I replied back to them. Have sent several webforms but no satisfactory answer. I have a remedical appointment scheduled for tomorrow (after a waiting period of 1 month) but I’m being suggested by members here to not go for an upfront medical, but to wait for IRCC to first send me the remedical request and then go for it. Feels kinda crazy but don’t know what’s holding them up. I ordered GCMS notes to see what might be the issue, will post here what the notes say. Not sure what else can be done.
I checked today on canada.ca that they’ve even removed the option of calling IRCC, the only way they can be contacted by us is through webforms. Earlier they had an option where someone who is in Canada can call IRCC.
Did you get reply from them? What are you planning to do now?

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
With flights not running to Canada from India, what are the ways one can travel?
People are flying through indirect routes, like Doha (Qatar), Serbia, Mexico and maldives etc. But the fares and quarantine packages are too high, more that six time higher than normal fares.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Did you get reply from them? What are you planning to do now?
Yes! I was suggested by several members to not go ahead with an upfront medical without a remedical request letter and another member suggested to again reply back on the “Do you still want to immigrate” email. I replied back to them on the 22nd of July requesting a re-medical (again) and two days later (24th July) I got the re-medical request letter. I got my medical done on the same day itself. Now waiting for it to be reflected in my IRCC account.

What stage are you at?