Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Have they? I haven’t seen any post by any person about this. I’m waiting for a PPR as well and I’m not sure why they haven’t sent anything yet
They already sent. outlanders getting their ppr's, check other sources of information too.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi guys - Just received my PPR2

In case my timeline helps similarly placed folks, here it is.

CoPR expired: Jul 27, 2020
RTT : Dec 2020
Still want to Immigrate email: Apr 19, 2021,
Replied: Apr 21, 2021
Profile updated : Apr 27, 2021
Remed request : May 29, 2021
Remeds done : June 3, 2021
Remeds passed: Jun 6, 2021
PPR 2 : Jul 13, 2021
Hi,
Firstly, congratulations for the progress!
Did you have to contact IRCC through webforms after receiving the email on 19th April to get any movement on your profile?
I’ve contacted them 3 times asking to send me the remed request but all I get is a “COVID delays, wait more” in response.
Being tired of asking them again and again for the remed request, I booked an upfront medical exam and is scheduled for next week (which also has a waiting time of a month from the day of booking).

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi,
Did you have to contact IRCC through webforms after receiving the email on 19th April to get any movement on your profile?
I’ve contacted them 3 times asking to send me the remed request but all I get is a “COVID delays, wait more” in response.
Being tired of asking them again and again for the remed request, I booked an upfront medical exam and is scheduled for next week (which also has a waiting time of a month from the day of booking).
Hey, I would recommend not going for an upfront remedical. When I got the 'Do you still want to immigrate' email, I was given specific instructions to not go for a remed unless instructed to do so.

Important: Do not do an up-front medical examination. Completing a new medical examination before IRCC asks you to will delay processing, and may lead to you spending more money to do a new one later on.

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Hi,
I had raised one webform requesting them to send the re-meds request. But I got a generic reply only. I don't think it helped.
You could request gcms notes. Because it's surprising how they are yet to request re-meds. There could be some other issue.

aac92

Jun 15, 2021
I had raised one webform requesting them to send the re-meds request. But I got a generic reply only. I don't think it helped.
You could request gcms notes. Because it's surprising how they are yet to request re-meds. There could be some other issue.
Hi, firstly congratulations!! I have a similar timeline.
This might be a silly question, how does one request for gcms notes?

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hey, I would recommend not going for an upfront remedical. When I got the 'Do you still want to immigrate' email, I was given specific instructions to not go for a remed unless instructed to do so.

Important: Do not do an up-front medical examination. Completing a new medical examination before IRCC asks you to will delay processing, and may lead to you spending more money to do a new one later on.
Hi pavie24, thank you so much for your advice! To be completely honest, I still am super skeptical about going ahead with an upfront medical precisely because of the warning that you shared.
Check out this tweet from the Canadian High Commission on the 30th of June:

They tweeted the same on 26th June as well, and seeing this, I thought about going ahead with an upfront medical and getting SOME movement from my side. I see a lot of members here who received the “Do you still want to immigrate” email the same day I received and most of the members have had some progress (remeds, PPR) since April and I can’t fathom what’s holding my profile back. Asking them to send the remed request has just not been working out. I called the panel physician on the 26th of June and got an appointment for the 22nd of July. I thought a month should be good enough for IRCC to send a remed request, but alas that hasn’t happened either.

In the remed request, is there any ID/reference number that we are supposed to tell the panel physician that references back to our profile? Because when I called the hospital to book the appointment, I asked them what documents they require and they said they only need my passport.

Should I just “trust the process” and wait for IRCC to make any movement? Or do you suggest I send a webform again, telling them about my plans to get an upfront remed (citing the tweet) and ask them politely (again) for the remed request letter? My fear is that if I wait for IRCC to send the remed first, the latest I can get an appointment is still almost a month from the date of booking the appointment. As per a statement from IRCC:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html
As most IRCC offices, visa application centres (VACs) around the world, and application support centers (ASCs) in the United States have reopened, many applicants can now provide the supporting documents needed for IRCC to process their application. As a result, IRCC will no longer be automatically extending deadlines for submitting the required supporting documentation. However, IRCC will continue to provide deadline extensions to clients who are still unable to provide required documentation due to COVID‑19 disruptions.
I’ve come across members mentioning lack of response from IRCC when they are unable to submit any document within the stipulated time and ask for a time extension, and seeing all this, it seems to add a seemingly indefinite wait to an already delayed process.

Reactions: pavie24

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Oh, I see. Thank you so much, I think I should go ahead and get the GCMS notes and get some more clarity on what’s the hold-up. I honestly assumed my profile maybe just slipped through the cracks in their system somehow. :rolleyes:

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi pavie24, thank you so much for your advice! To be completely honest, I still am super skeptical about going ahead with an upfront medical precisely because of the warning that you shared.
Check out this tweet from the Canadian High Commission on the 30th of June:

They tweeted the same on 26th June as well, and seeing this, I thought about going ahead with an upfront medical and getting SOME movement from my side. I see a lot of members here who received the “Do you still want to immigrate” email the same day I received and most of the members have had some progress (remeds, PPR) since April and I can’t fathom what’s holding my profile back. Asking them to send the remed request has just not been working out. I called the panel physician on the 26th of June and got an appointment for the 22nd of July. I thought a month should be good enough for IRCC to send a remed request, but alas that hasn’t happened either.

In the remed request, is there any ID/reference number that we are supposed to tell the panel physician that references back to our profile? Because when I called the hospital to book the appointment, I asked them what documents they require and they said they only need my passport.

Should I just “trust the process” and wait for IRCC to make any movement? Or do you suggest I send a webform again, telling them about my plans to get an upfront remed (citing the tweet) and ask them politely (again) for the remed request letter? My fear is that if I wait for IRCC to send the remed first, the latest I can get an appointment is still almost a month from the date of booking the appointment. As per a statement from IRCC:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html

I’ve come across members mentioning lack of response from IRCC when they are unable to submit any document within the stipulated time and ask for a time extension, and seeing all this, it seems to add a seemingly indefinite wait to an already delayed process.
Hey, InterstellarImmigrant, Based on my understanding, an upfront medical is a normal process for people applying to work, visit for a long time and study. So the tweet may be directed at those applicants as well.

I've read cases in this forum where there have been remed requests sent to people who have taken an upfront medical exam (1-2 months before their remed req). And they couldn't take another medical test (after the remed req) bcoz the medical center didn't permit them to take one again so soon. While they did share a proof of taking an upfront medical test with IRCC via a webform, it actually took longer for their results to get reflected on their profiles.

Check if you can move your date a bit, like by 2 weeks.. in the anticipation.of getting a remed from IRCC. You can also call IRCC and see if they advise you to go ahead and take your upfront exam.

Also, GCMS notes will definitely give you more clarity about what exactly is happening on your profile.

In my remed request, there was a IMME form that was shared that had I had carried with me for the remed.

Hope this helps. I understand trusting the process seems like a very frustrating thing to do, but you wouldn't want to complicate things further when they do start working on your profile.

How long has it been since you replied to the - do you still want to immigrate - email?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey, InterstellarImmigrant, Based on my understanding, an upfront medical is a normal process for people applying to work, visit for a long time and study. So the tweet may be directed at those applicants as well.

I've read cases in this forum where there have been remed requests sent to people who have taken an upfront medical exam (1-2 months before their remed req). And they couldn't take another medical test (after the remed req) bcoz the medical center didn't permit them to take one again so soon. While they did share a proof of taking an upfront medical test with IRCC via a webform, it actually took longer for their results to get reflected on their profiles.

Check if you can move your date a bit, like by 2 weeks.. in the anticipation.of getting a remed from IRCC. You can also call IRCC and see if they advise you to go ahead and take your upfront exam.

Also, GCMS notes will definitely give you more clarity about what exactly is happening on your profile.

In my remed request, there was a IMME form that was shared that had I had carried with me for the remed.

Hope this helps. I understand trusting the process seems like a very frustrating thing to do, but you wouldn't want to complicate things further when they do start working on your profile.

How long has it been since you replied to the - do you still want to immigrate - email?

Also upfront medical is for those who have received ITA. (you must have done it this way the fist time you applied).

Due to 2nd wave, this was stopped and the tweet was made when the upfront medicals re started.

Agree with @pavie24 here -

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
For everyone, just putting sequence of events since the pandemic began and I invite this forum to correct me

1. March 2020 - roughly this was the month when the mayhem began and various countries started the lockdowns, Flight were banned. Most of us here had to cancel our plans and unfortunately let our CoPR expire
2. IRCC announced that applicants need to inform them that their CoPRs have expired OR are expiring. Also such applicants were needed to inform once they were ready to travel (RTT). This was huge relief to anxious applicants as it was clear that IRCC wont refuse OR reject expiring OR expired CoPR holders.
3. Sep 2020 : Things started to get a bit normalized, countries announced flights under bubble agreement. Applicants sensed an opportunity here :), informed their willingness to travel to IRCC. IRCC issued ALs to those with valid scenarios ( medicals, pcc etc etc). Unfortunately few of them received a response saying that they cannot be issued ALs as their medicals were deemed as expired/invalid. There was no re medical request from IRCC here (as per my understanding). However, applicants were quick enough to carry out medicals, send to IRCC via webform and were successful in getting an AL. (smart :))
4. Dec 2020 : IRCC announced that come Jan 2021 and expired CoPR holders need not raise a RTT webform. Instead IRCC would now upfront contact such applicants
5. Mid March 2021 : IRCC rolls out "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada" email
6. As I observed, few applicants who raised RTT webform towards end of 2020, received a response in 2021 (when RTT webform was discouraged). As explained in point 3. the medicals were expired, there was no medical request from IRCC, applicants still went ahead with upfront medicals and sent to IRCC
7. Such applicants also received mail as in point 5 AFTER they had already done a re medicals. ( in line with what @pavie24 explained). Unfortunately these applicants are stuck

So wise thing would be wait for re medical request from IRCC to avoid delays. Thought? Anyone ?

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Oh, this is really disappointing. You’re right, I should probably ask the hospital to postpone it by a couple of weeks.
I’ve tried calling IRCC several times but it seems we can only call them from within Canada. I even opted for a virtual Canadian number to be able to call them, but that also didn’t work. Calling them would definitely be the most convenient and fastest way to get any information. Any suggestions on how to actually reach them from outside Canada? I will send them another webform too though.

As frustratingly slow and opaque it seems, I guess going precisely as per their instructions would be the safer thing to do.
I received the email on the 19th of April and replied on the 24th of April. The reason I took 5 days to respond to them was cuz I was tested positive for COVID-19 on 19th April itself and thought that if I get a remed request soon after replying, then my blood parameters may come out abnormal and it may jeopardise me clearing the medical. So I wanted to add a bit of a buffer time to get better. Seems maybe that delay caused IRCC to not send me the remed at the same time as others have gotten.

Also upfront medical is for those who have received ITA. (you must have done it this way the fist time you applied).

Due to 2nd wave, this was stopped and the tweet was made when the upfront medicals re started.
Thank you @CNP , I remember you had previously cautioned me against proceeding with the upfront remed. I’ll try to muster up some more patience and get my GCMS notes as suggested by @sr.nadar and @pavie24 .

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Oh, this is really disappointing. You’re right, I should probably ask the hospital to postpone it by a couple of weeks.
I’ve tried calling IRCC several times but it seems we can only call them from within Canada. I even opted for a virtual Canadian number to be able to call them, but that also didn’t work. Calling them would definitely be the most convenient and fastest way to get any information. Any suggestions on how to actually reach them from outside Canada? I will send them another webform too though.

As frustratingly slow and opaque it seems, I guess going precisely as per their instructions would be the safer thing to do.
I received the email on the 19th of April and replied on the 24th of April. The reason I took 5 days to respond to them was cuz I was tested positive for COVID-19 on 19th April itself and thought that if I get a remed request soon after replying, then my blood parameters may come out abnormal and it may jeopardise me clearing the medical. So I wanted to add a bit of a buffer time to get better. Seems maybe that delay caused IRCC to not send me the remed at the same time as others have gotten.

Thank you @CNP , I remember you had previously cautioned me against proceeding with the upfront remed. I’ll try to muster up some more patience and get my GCMS notes as suggested by @sr.nadar and @pavie24 .
I used to call them on TextNow, but I've heard that doesn't work offlate. If you have a friend in Canada, see if you can reach out to them to help you with this. The wait is often excruciatingly long, see if you can use your virtual number and call them around 8am EST. I have had some luck getting through at this time.

I don't think a 5-day wait has an impact on your timeline. There are cases who missed the email and responded beyond the deadline too. Did you get any acknowledgement when you replied? Also did you change the subject line in your reply?