+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Yekede

Mar 4, 2019
Hi everyone.. I will fly soon to Canada... Can a recent pr tell us their experience how they proceed at airport regarding proof of fund.. What do they ask?

Reactions: PkMolaJi

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi everyone.. I will fly soon to Canada... Can a recent pr tell us their experience how they proceed at airport regarding proof of fund.. What do they ask?
From the advice regarding this that I have gathered so far, I would suggest that if in case your proof of funds is old (1 year or so), you could go to your bank and get an updated proof of funds letter from them signed and stamped on their official letterhead. Additionally, if you plan to bring any amount over $10,000 with you, they ask for it to be declared.
This should be sufficient I think.

Yekede

Mar 4, 2019
From the advice regarding this that I have gathered so far, I would suggest that if in case your proof of funds is old (1 year or so), you could go to your bank and get an updated proof of funds letter from them signed and stamped on their official letterhead. Additionally, if you plan to bring any amount over $10,000 with you, they ask for it to be declared.
This should be sufficient I think.
OK.. Thank you

linhbui

Nov 28, 2018
Hi all,

Hope you and your families are doing well.

I got my 1st COPR before March 18, 2020, and have just received my 2nd COPR today.

I submitted my and my husband's passports on June 18; got the email "we updated your application status" on June 30, and saw that my application was approved. So I assume the final decision was made around June 30.

However, in the package that we got today, there's also a letter (with NO DATE) that says "you won't be allowed to board your flight to Canada at this time. It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of any changes to the travel restrictions to Canada by going to our website."

I understand from their website that any foreign national with a valid COPR, which I do qualify for, can enter Canada as of June 21. Therefore, I think the information in the letter I received is old and they must have included it in the package as an automatic thing. (Again, there is NO DATE on the letter.)

I will phone the regional office that is in charge of this on Monday, but I thought it'd be great to hear your opinions as well. Thank you!

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hi all,

I got my 1st COPR before March 18, 2020, and have just received my 2nd COPR today.

I submitted my and my husband's passports on June 18; got the email "we updated your application status" on June 30, and saw that my application was approved. So I assume the final decision was made around June 30.

However, in the package that we got today, there's also a letter (with NO DATE) that says "you won't be allowed to board your flight to Canada at this time. It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of any changes to the travel restrictions to Canada by going to our website."

I understand from their website that any foreign national with a valid COPR, which I do qualify for, can enter Canada as of June 21. Therefore, I think the information in the letter I received is old and they must have included it in the package as an automatic thing. (Again, there is NO DATE on the letter.)

I will phone the regional office that is in charge of this on Monday, but I thought it'd be great to hear your opinions as well. Thank you!
A direct quote from the letter you received.
“It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of any changes to the travel restrictions to Canada by going to our website”

You’ve basically answered your questions. No use calling anyone. It’s very clear from the website and other communication that there are no restrictions any more for Valid COPRs and yours is not an exception

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Let’s just pray it opens this week atleast... they have opened all services where they can earn good money but the option where there is minimal physical contact (pp submission) they have still not resumed it...
What I assume is that canadian embassy does not have full staff to operate.one thing is for sure once they will resume passport submissions.They gonna receive it in thousands which will be difficult for them to do so in short time.
I had read one comment from Canadian high commission on Facebook .where they have mentioned that because of lack of staff we are not able to operate properly.
We hope things get sorted very soon for all us.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

No need to waste your time or anyone else's. It's clear now any immigrant with valid COPR can enter Canada. You are also exempt from quarantine requirements if you are fully vaccinated.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
What I assume is that canadian embassy does not have full staff to operate.one thing is for sure once they will resume passport submissions.They gonna receive it in thousands which will be difficult for them to do so in short time.
I had read one comment from Canadian high commission on Facebook .where they have mentioned that because of lack of staff we are not able to operate properly.
We hope things get sorted very soon for all us.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates

Ray of hope??

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Important Update - Passport Submission Services resume:

From 5 July 2021, Canada VACs will start Passport Submission Service in a phased manner. Customers who completed their 2 way courier process prior to lock-down will be contacted by VFS Global on e-mail.

We request other customers holding Passport Submission Letter to remain patient and follow us for updates.

Official Announcement: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/passport-submission-service

leoMessi927

May 13, 2019
Hello, in US here. Received my passport request earlier last months, was asked to send it to the Visa Processing office in New York. Is that same one you got?
When did your receive such letter, after your application was submitted and approved?

I haven't but received such a letter yet. I received a document request letter which just said our office should receive your passport by 7/12 but they mention no address so I just uploaded a soft copy. I just completed my medicals and submitted PCCs. Now my application status is "submitted".

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Important Update - Passport Submission Services resume:

From 5 July 2021, Canada VACs will start Passport Submission Service in a phased manner. Customers who completed their 2 way courier process prior to lock-down will be contacted by VFS Global on e-mail.

We request other customers holding Passport Submission Letter to remain patient and follow us for updates.

Official Announcement: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/passport-submission-service
So we need to wait and see when they will actually start 2 way submission process for us to enable submission of our passports

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Yes, if the panel physicians re giving appointments. Lately IRCC has asked panel physicians not to give appointments without a letter from IRCC. So check with the panel physicians in your country.
@Alexey_ You might want to have a look at this thread!