+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yes, you will be contacted by VFS via email.
Reading through VFS update, it seems, VFS would only contact those who submitted passports before lock down and were returned blank as offices closed down. For anyone who received PPR during lockdown, I think they will have to wait for update from VFS. The courier services will not be opened for new PPRs, immediately.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Reading through VFS update, it seems, VFS would only contact those who submitted passports before lock down and were returned blank as offices closed down. For anyone who received PPR during lockdown, I think they will have to wait for update from VFS. The courier services will not be opened for new PPRs, immediately.

Banking on statement -

Customers who completed their 2 way courier process prior to lock-down will be contacted by VFS Global on e-mail.

We request other customers holding Passport Submission Letter to remain patient and follow us for updates.

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hey Everbliss,
Firstly congratulations on getting everything sorted out. I have two questions though, and I would appreciate it if you could answer them.
1. Are you part of the group that received their COPR pre or post 18 March 2020?
2. I have currently filter adding @cic.gc.ca to the not spam, and important folder. Could you tell us the email id of the sender of the email for confirming our interest in going to Canada and the remedicals?
1. Yep, I'm part of pre-March 2020 group.
2. The confirmation email came from immigration.refugees.and.citizenship.canada@notification.canada.ca
and the remedicals email came from donotreply@cic.gc.ca

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
What’s happening with post March COPR. It’s so silly that Canada couldn’t do a blanket approval seeing as so many people are affected.

linhbui

Nov 28, 2018
A direct quote from the letter you received.
“It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of any changes to the travel restrictions to Canada by going to our website”

You’ve basically answered your questions. No use calling anyone. It’s very clear from the website and other communication that there are no restrictions any more for Valid COPRs and yours is not an exception
Thanks, Duffa! That confirms my understanding of the situation.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys, for people who're planning to use the 2-way courier with VFS canada for passport submission (looks like a phased opening is happening this week), could someone confirm this process sounds correct and if i missed anything:

1. Fill out the webform
  2. Get an Airway Bill No (AWB) and payment link
  3. Make the payment
  4. VFS Canada schedules a courier pickup
  5. Pack the following docs in an A4-size envelope: (passport, ppr letter, 2 photos matching specification, consent form, courier form)
  6. Match AWB No. with courier pickup person
  7. Track AWB and wait for Visa stamping, COPR letter
Did I miss anything?

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
What’s your VO?
I’ve seen post March from Accra VO with remedicals
I am one of those who got remedicals from Accra Visa office last two weeks.my copr Dec 2020, Expired April 2021

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi guys, for people who're planning to use the 2-way courier with VFS canada for passport submission (looks like a phased opening is happening this week), could someone confirm this process sounds correct and if i missed anything:

1. Fill out the webform
  3. Make the payment
  5. Pack the following docs in an A4-size envelope: (passport, ppr letter, 2 photos matching specification, consent form, courier form)
Did I miss anything?
Pls share consent n courier form

Reactions: canadawaiting

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
What’s your VO?
I’ve seen post March from Accra VO with remedicals
That is a silver lining Duffa. Thanks for me keeping my hopes high.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020

1. Fill out the webform
  3. Make the payment
Did I miss anything?
Some of us were asked to share eye color and height. So even those details in an A4 sheet along with the packet of docs.

Reactions: DixvilleNotch