+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Kay777*

Feb 9, 2021
Hi Guys,

Going to be flying out on 24th after a rollercoaster ride. Got tested positive for COVID 2 weeks back and just got the negative result today.

Just a quick question if anybody can shed some light on it, information has come in that if we provide a positive covid test 14-90 days before travel then we are exempt from the testing on ground and consequently the hotel quarantine.

Has anyone gone through with this? or have any suggestions/ feedback? Going to be flying out on 24th morning from Dubai, if anybody else is on the flight would love to co-ordinate but I think at this point it's wishful thinking
Hello, did you allowed to enter canada after recovered from covid 19 only 10 days before flight? Or you rescheduled your flight?

Ecast

Feb 7, 2020
Anyone here who is staying in US and is pre March 18. Have you received request to submit passport and if so, where have you been asked to send your passport.
Hello, in US here. Received my passport request earlier last months, was asked to send it to the Visa Processing office in New York. Is that same one you got?

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Hi @legalfalcon, I hope you and your loved ones are very well. I am from a country required to do medicals. I received my COPR begining of this year and it expired in June. Do you know what IRCC will be checking while looking at expired COPRs? If for example they will be requesting police Certificate i could do in advance. Based on your experience and feeling, apart from the medicals they asked us not to do in advance, is there any proactive steps expired COPR holders could take?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wotsit

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
24 June 2021: Medicals Passed- updated in GC Key Acc. today.
Now waiting for PPR-2.
May I know how did you upload the new medicals document? I don't see any slot available in the "view submitted application or upload documents" page.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I had my CoPR approved before March 18, 2019, but haven't received the "Still Interested In Immigrating" email by IRCC to date. My Account hasn't been updated at all. I have contacted them via a web form, but wanted to know whether we need to reply to the email before the account gets updated. I hope I haven't missed the email through spam.

Anyone pre-March 18 in the same boat?
You're not alone

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I hope you and your loved ones are very well. I am from a country required to do medicals. I received my COPR begining of this year and it expired in June. Do you know what IRCC will be checking while looking at expired COPRs? If for example they will be requesting police Certificate i could do in advance. Based on your experience and feeling, apart from the medicals they asked us not to do in advance, is there any proactive steps expired COPR holders could take?
What IRCC checks is that all your checks, such as criminality, security and medicals, along with the documents (passports) on file are valid.

If you have not changed your country of residence, then you just have to wait for IRCC to update you if they need any documents.

In most cases they are not asking for PCCs unless you country of residence has changed. Medicals have to be valid, so get them done if you can and make sure that your passport are valid for longer than 6 months.

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019
Hi, I had my CoPR approved before March 18, 2019, but haven't received the "Still Interested In Immigrating" email by IRCC to date. My Account hasn't been updated at all. I have contacted them via a web form, but wanted to know whether we need to reply to the email before the account gets updated. I hope I haven't missed the email through spam.

Anyone pre-March 18 in the same boat?
same

Reactions: gokw

timchi

Mar 24, 2020
С
They are almost done with pre-March 18 COPRs? I do not think so my friend, I am a pre-march and was asked to do re-meds in January 2021. The medicals are shown as passed on the application but there has been dead silence from IRCC since. I have lost the number of times I have asked them for help but no one bats an eye at their offices. It's been 15 months of agonizing mental torture and I can't be the only one in this pickle. Living a life in limbo. Hope they wake up from their sleep and start doing some work actually. I feels as if it's a punishment that my COPR was approved before March 18 so will have to wait more and more and more.
Hi. Exactly the same here brother. What is your VO? We've done remeds in early March, but still silence from IRCC side.

Reactions: $R27

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
What IRCC checks is that all your checks, such as criminality, security and medicals, along with the documents (passports) on file are valid.

If you have not changed your country of residence, then you just have to wait for IRCC to update you if they need any documents.

In most cases they are not asking for PCCs unless you country of residence has changed. Medicals have to be valid, so get them done if you can and make sure that your passport are valid for longer than 6 months.
Thank you @legalfalcon, so i could do re-meds in advance as my COPR expired this June? Additional information: my initial medicals expired in February 2021 and it got extended to June 2021.

Last edited:

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
С

Hi. Exactly the same here brother. What is your VO? We've done remeds in early March, but still silence from IRCC side.
Mine is NDVO. I'm based out of India and my CPC is Ottawa. Whenever I ask NDVO for and update, they just shoot a number of possible scenarios back at you and expect us to pick whichever suits us. If I ask CPC Ottawa, they just say the application is in process and all the required documents and information has been received by the responsible office. I even tried calling IRCC using callings apps but the calls do not go through.

Reactions: timchi

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
I received just the email, there wasn't any update on my profile at the time. The update on the profile took place only after I responded to the email.
I agree it can be missed if it goes to Spam automatically.

Just a tip, you can create a new filter in Gmail that prevents this situation:

1. Log in to your Gmail account.
2. Click the GEAR icon at the top right and then click SETTINGS.
3. Go to FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADDRESSES and click CREATE A NEW FILTER.
4. In the FROM section, type the email address of the sender that you want to keep out of your Spam Folder.
5. Click CREATE FILTER.
6. Check NEVER SEND IT TO SPAM and ALSO APPLY FILTER TO MATCHING MESSAGES boxes.
7. Click CREATE FILTER again.
Hey Everbliss,
Firstly congratulations on getting everything sorted out. I have two questions though, and I would appreciate it if you could answer them.
1. Are you part of the group that received their COPR pre or post 18 March 2020?
2. I have currently filter adding @cic.gc.ca to the not spam, and important folder. Could you tell us the email id of the sender of the email for confirming our interest in going to Canada and the remedicals?

jtsalehi

May 17, 2020
VO Abu Dhabi
PPR 17 Sept 2020
CoPR 21 Oct 2020
CoPR Expired on 22 Feb 2021 (Medical performed on 21 Feb 2020 and passed on 2nd Apr 2020)
No news so far.

I am currently in France with my family and we are not sure if we will be back in UAE. We would like to travel directly from France to Canada.

Would it be possible, once we receive our new PPR, to submit our passport in France rather than our original VO ?

My Agent told me that it is possible that IRCC will just extend our CoPR without even submitting again our passport (all our passports have still a long validity period). What do you think @legalfalcon ?

Thanks
Yes, I started application from UAE and now im in Pakistan and just submitted my Passport with PPR letter.

Reactions: Srisundarcan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon, so i could do re-meds in advance as my COPR expired this June? Additional information: my initial medicals expired in February 2021 and it got extended to June 2021.
Yes, if the panel physicians re giving appointments. Lately IRCC has asked panel physicians not to give appointments without a letter from IRCC. So check with the panel physicians in your country.

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Yes, if the panel physicians re giving appointments. Lately IRCC has asked panel physicians not to give appointments without a letter from IRCC. So check with the panel physicians in your country.
Thank you, very appreciated!