+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Oh, I see.
Thank you for your response.
But if upfront medicals have opened up for those with ITAs, any idea why would they ask expired COPR holders to refrain from going ahead with the same? Perhaps they might address this in the coming weeks?
Not an expert, but putting few possibilities here -

1. Panel would ask a proof that IRCC has asked for Medicals - ITA for upfront, IME form any expired medicals/copr
2. For anyone who has been granted CoPR, I would assume the application would be closed. So if anyone does upfront medicals without IME, MIGHT be difficult for IRCC to link it back to application (--> this is pure guess :) ).

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi all
Can anyone please clarify that while submitting the passports do we have to submit our height and eye color in separate letters or all together in one as we are a family of 4. Pls some one guide me
You mean Appendix B form for passport submission? I submitted that all together in one sheet for a family of 3. Made a new sheet using Microsoft word and submitted that. It worked.

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
Hey if you are from India, they may be waiting for 2 way passport service to start before they send you message asking you to submit your passport for new COPR AND PRV. I was in India, but moved to Singapore 6 months back. In may I got remed and new Pcc request and I submitted both. I got new a new ready for visa document through my IRCC online account. I submitted my passport and got my visa stamped with new PRV and COPR. You should get the same when Canada high commission in India starts the 2 way courier service for passport stamping.
Yes, I am from India. I too hope that they at least resume the 2 way courier service and I get a PPR soon, This wait has been agonizing. I feel that they should have a some transparency about the process, waiting for more than 5 months and not getting updates makes ones anxiety levels shoot up.
Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: DrCanada55

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi, I had my CoPR approved before March 18, 2019, but haven't received the "Still Interested In Immigrating" email by IRCC to date. My Account hasn't been updated at all. I have contacted them via a web form, but wanted to know whether we need to reply to the email before the account gets updated. I hope I haven't missed the email through spam.

Anyone pre-March 18 in the same boat?
Hi,
IRCC did say that they have reached out to a majority of pre-March 2020 COPR holders but a few are left, it could be that your profile may be among those. I’d suggest checking your spam folder for any emails from “cic.gc.ca”, provided your spam folder didn’t auto-delete older spam emails.
I have seen some members here share that they too missed the 30-day response window for replying to the email but when they later contacted IRCC, their profiles did get updated to “submitted”, so I think IRCC may be a forgiving in this regard. But since you already have contacted them, I think that should be ok. I do understand it can be very unnerving to wait for a positive response. I think there may be some more delay because of a holiday for Canada day today.
BTW happy Canada Day to all! Hopefully we get to celebrate it as permanent residents next year :)

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Not an expert, but putting few possibilities here -

1. Panel would ask a proof that IRCC has asked for Medicals - ITA for upfront, IME form any expired medicals/copr
2. For anyone who has been granted CoPR, I would assume the application would be closed. So if anyone does upfront medicals without IME, MIGHT be difficult for IRCC to link it back to application (--> this is pure guess :) ).
Oh, I hadn’t thought of it that way. You’re right, if in case they are using only some ID mentioned in the IMM 1017E form to track one’s re-medicals, then this could be an issue.
I had called up a hospital to book an upfront medical appointment yesterday and they only asked me to bring my passport. I remember when I went for my first medical, I too wondered how will IRCC know that my medicals were done since the hospital didn’t ask me for any IRCC-issued ID number. I even asked them that “are you sure I don’t need to provide any other details about my application”, to which they said “no, your passport number is all that’s needed”.
I am perhaps hoping lady luck would work her magic and I get sent an official re-medical request within a few days :D

Nit Nit

Jan 5, 2021
My COPR & PRV was also issued in Nov-2020 and expired in Jan-2021 but no update since then at all !
Same boat as you, also residing in Dubai. COPR and PRV issued in early Dec-2020 and expired in Feb-2021. No updates.....so far..

Does anyone know the logic they use to know who to contact first? Are they going month-wise from March onwards? Is there any logic at all to this madness?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Oh, I hadn’t thought of it that way. You’re right, if in case they are using only some ID mentioned in the IMM 1017E form to track one’s re-medicals, then this could be an issue.
I had called up a hospital to book an upfront medical appointment yesterday and they only asked me to bring my passport. I remember when I went for my first medical, I too wondered how will IRCC know that my medicals were done since the hospital didn’t ask me for any IRCC-issued ID number. I even asked them that “are you sure I don’t need to provide any other details about my application”, to which they said “no, your passport number is all that’s needed”.
I am perhaps hoping lady luck would work her magic and I get sent an official re-medical request within a few days :D
Agree, there are inconsistencies wrt to documentary proof. Few of them ask upfront for ITA or IME, few do not. So yes, lucky if you fall in 2nd category.

The first time you did medical, perhaps you uploaded a proof which your panel must have provided to you. So it was already tagged to your profile.

Best luck!!

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi,
IRCC did say that they have reached out to a majority of pre-March 2020 COPR holders but a few are left, it could be that your profile may be among those. I’d suggest checking your spam folder for any emails from “cic.gc.ca”, provided your spam folder didn’t auto-delete older spam emails.
I have seen some members here share that they too missed the 30-day response window for replying to the email but when they later contacted IRCC, their profiles did get updated to “submitted”, so I think IRCC may be a forgiving in this regard. But since you already have contacted them, I think that should be ok. I do understand it can be very unnerving to wait for a positive response. I think there may be some more delay because of a holiday for Canada day today.
BTW happy Canada Day to all! Hopefully we get to celebrate it as permanent residents next year :)
Thank you for this information. Does anyone know if they just send "do you want still to immigrate" e-mail without any reflection in the profile? Usually every mail is also displayed in the profile so it is impossible to miss it if you check your profile daily. If they just send an e-mail, it can go to junk folder or even get lost, it is not a safe procedure. Thanks for your replies, mates.

Last edited:

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Agree, there are inconsistencies wrt to documentary proof. Few of them ask upfront for ITA or IME, few do not. So yes, lucky if you fall in 2nd category.

The first time you did medical, perhaps you uploaded a proof which your panel must have provided to you. So it was already tagged to your profile.

Best luck!!
You’re right, I think I did upload the proof that I had received from the hospital, likely that’s how they were able to track. I just checked the scanned copy of my old medical and it had a certain UMI number, maybe that’s what they additionally use to track.

And thank you! All the very best to you too! :)

jtsalehi

May 17, 2020
Guys the letter for passport submission asks for my height and eye color. But I dont have appendix B in the letter, just appendix A for photos. Should I just print height and eye color on blank paper and put it in package?
Please advise.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
@pavie24 @Fmegha86 @idhar_chicha @CNP @Jpsingh77 Guys,I dnt know when Passport submission service will resume in india.
should we all plan to go Sri Lanka for the passport submission? Lol
Not a bad idea, this is what the High Commissioner, Canada in India, and VFS said last year, that you could go to another country for biometrics, not sure about passport stamping.

If you look at the pattern for unlocking VFS services, it has been reopening services every 10 days. So I'm hoping the next one would be passport stamping.

Either way, time to take a holiday soon!

Reactions: canadawaiting