+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

everbliss

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
I replied to the email on April 12. Since then nothing from IRCC. Don’t know why they don’t reopen my application. No updates in my CIC account.
Same here I replied to the mail about two months back. However, last night I received the request to do my Medicals again.
I haven't contacted them in any way since the email response.

AttitudeAdjustment

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon , could you please help in answering the below queries.
1) Should we update change in address and Employer even after after receiving CoPR?
2) Is it possible for fully Vaccinated people to do a "soft landing" and then come back permanently after few months.

Appreciate your help. Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , could you please help in answering the below queries.
1) Should we update change in address and Employer even after after receiving CoPR?
2) Is it possible for fully Vaccinated people to do a "soft landing" and then come back permanently after few months.

Appreciate your help. Thank you.
1. after yo receive your COPR your file is closed. You cannot update any information unless the file is reopened, for which your COPR will have to be cancelled.
Departing from any country other than the United States
In the air mode, foreign nationals departing from any country other than the United States are prohibited from boarding an aircraft for a flight to Canada when

• they are not covered by any of the exemptions in the Orders (consult Travel restriction exemptions for those Departing from a country other than the U.S.), or
  • they are travelling for an optional and discretionary purpose

Reactions: AttitudeAdjustment

AttitudeAdjustment

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
1. after yo receive your COPR your file is closed. You cannot update any information unless the file is reopened, for which your COPR will have to be cancelled.
Departing from any country other than the United States
In the air mode, foreign nationals departing from any country other than the United States are prohibited from boarding an aircraft for a flight to Canada when

• they are not covered by any of the exemptions in the Orders (consult Travel restriction exemptions for those Departing from a country other than the U.S.), or
  • they are travelling for an optional and discretionary purpose
L

Looks like soft landing is not an option now. Thank you so much for the response.

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hi,

im post march with expired copr..got my remedical request last night.

thanks.
Hi Manalato, congratulations on the news. My COPR expired in March 2021, when did yours expire?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Was it an upfront medical?
I had requested for an extension on the validity with an expression of willingness to repeat medicals if required, since the validity of my copr n medicals were the same date.

Subsequently they asked for remedical.

agrawalakshay

Aug 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Hello,

I have a valid COPR and visa with validity till 4th Jan 2022. I am planning to fly to Canada via an indirect route after 5th July 2021 so that I can skip hotel quarantine. Can someone suggest what are the route options I have to travel from India? I think the flight ban will be extended even after 21st July.

I am thinking to fly as early as possible because the government can change its decision any time. My AOR was October 2019. So don't want to miss this opportunity.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hello,

I have a valid COPR and visa with validity till 4th Jan 2022. I am planning to fly to Canada via an indirect route after 5th July 2021 so that I can skip hotel quarantine. Can someone suggest what are the route options I have to travel from India? I think the flight ban will be extended even after 21st July.

I am thinking to fly as early as possible because the government can change its decision any time. My AOR was October 2019. So don't want to miss this opportunity.

I think with indirect route also you need to stay in third country for 2 weeks so will be as expensive as hotel quarantine in canada plus additional hassle of staying in third country.

Things are going to improve not get worst now so better to wait till Dec 21.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hello,

Serbia is an option. There's no mandatory quarantine when you land there (last i checked) and it's relatively cheap. Make sure you check for safety too though. Good luck!

Feb 14, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,
Just noticed this under "Continue an application you haven't submitted" section. Haven't got any email yet , does anyone know what it might be related to or do i click on "Continue Application".
I'm a Post March 18th 2020 COPR holder with expired COPR - Sep 2020 outside Canada. I think it might related to the new changes but No Email from IRCC regarding any medical or other update. Did anyone have the same update ? Thanks !

Last edited:

jann719

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,
Just noticed this under "Continue an application you haven't submitted" section. Haven't got any email yet , does anyone know what it might be related to or do i click on "Continue Application".
I'm a Post March 18th 2020 COPR holder with expired COPR - Sep 2020 outside Canada. I think it might related to the new changes but No Email from IRCC regarding any medical or other update. Did anyone have the same update ? Thanks !

This is pretty interesting. Please call IRCC as soon as possible and please let us know the outcome

nedaa

Oct 20, 2018
Serbia is an option. There's no mandatory quarantine when you land there (last i checked) and it's relatively cheap. Make sure you check for safety too though. Good luck!
Hi,
I also have valid copr and visa and I am from Iran , may I ask how can we skip hotel quarantine by indirect flight?