+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Aeus20

Jun 22, 2021
Pre-March 2020, COPR expired last July, received the "Still interested in immigrating" email on Apr 19, replied immediately, heard nothing back since then.

Now I'm thinking of doing upfront medical after checking the posts in this thread, earlier I called the panel physician, he said the exam results will be only valid for 1 month, which means it is likely I will be asked to do it again.... that was what he said. Is this one month thing a new rule or I missed something? Has anybody heard or experienced the same recently?
Btw, VO Ottawa. Trying the best to wait patiently but also want to do whatever I can at this point. Appreciate it very much for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI,

Now that people with valid CoPRs can land, I wanted to ask about my situation. My wife is more than 36 weeks pregnant and it is potentially not safe to fly. Before IRCC said we can add the new baby to our application and it will be reviewed. Do you think this will still be the case now that they are allowing landing? Our CoPR is still valid until Oct 2021 @legalfalcon
If your family composition changes before you land, you will have to inform IRCC, add your child, get the documents processed and new COPRs will be issued to all family members.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Pre-March 2020, COPR expired last July, received the "Still interested in immigrating" email on Apr 19, replied immediately, heard nothing back since then.

Now I'm thinking of doing upfront medical after checking the posts in this thread, earlier I called the panel physician, he said the exam results will be only valid for 1 month, which means it is likely I will be asked to do it again.... that was what he said. Is this one month thing a new rule or I missed something? Has anybody heard or experienced the same recently?
Btw, VO Ottawa. Trying the best to wait patiently but also want to do whatever I can at this point. Appreciate it very much for your help.
I thought medical examinations had a validity of 1 year. In any case, I think 1 month should be enough time for them to sent your medical results to IRCC and they should be able to accept it into your profile.

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Hi. My PR application got approved in November 2020. its valid till august 25 2021. my medicals got approved in September 2020. Now the restrictions are lifted i am planning to fly soon. But a week ago, I got an update on my account and my application status changed back to submitted (previously status was approved). Not only this, my biometrics number and visa counterfoil numbers are not there as well (In my GC account). I raised multiple webforms. But there is no reply. i wrote to London Office as well. but invain. what to do?

Ferni

Jul 28, 2019
@legalfalcon or anyone - would you happen to know any reason why a file would be on approved status since April 30th and yet I have not received the passport submission email? I found this out by writing to IRCC through my partners MP... This is for my 2nd PRR as my visa expired in August 2020. Medicals, criminality and everything is done and valid so there doesn't seem to be another step at least as far as I know. I'm expected to commence a job on July 5th so I have been writing to them since May to no avail...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon or anyone - would you happen to know any reason why a file would be on approved status since April 30th and yet I have not received the passport submission email? I found this out by writing to IRCC through my partners MP... This is for my 2nd PRR as my visa expired in August 2020. Medicals, criminality and everything is done and valid so there doesn't seem to be another step at least as far as I know. I'm expected to commence a job on July 5th so I have been writing to them since May to no avail...
If you are outside Canada and not exempt form travel restriction, that is why you were not issued PPR.

If you have a job lined up in Canada, you can apply for a work permit. Approval of your PR application does not mean you are a PR. You only become a PR when you land in Canada and are admitted as a PR.

Reactions: immicow

Blonde91

Dec 25, 2019
Sorry, I overlooked your sentence. The second row upload file section indeed shows my name instead of spouse's name. Strange. In a fix now :D. Do we need to upload both then? Logically seems Yes. However just fear that uploading spouse's passport should not override my passport in their system. Whats your take on this ?
@CNP I have the same dilemma. I am thinking about raising a webform with this question. Even if they don't respond, we wil have the evidence that we reached out to them.

Ferni

Jul 28, 2019
If you are outside Canada and not exempt form travel restriction, that is why you were not issued PPR.

If you have a job lined up in Canada, you can apply for a work permit. Approval of your PR application does not mean you are a PR. You only become a PR when you land in Canada and are admitted as a PR.
I am outside of Canada @legalfalcon but I am exempt from travel restrictions as my initial COPR was issued before March 2020. Any other reason why and anything I can do to get it issued?

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys, just to share the new rule for travelling to Canada after you receive your new COPR.

Fully vaccinated travellers might skip quarantine after 5th July if they meet all requirements. See link below.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

I know many of you are still waiting to receive your new CoPR before planning your travel. But take it as a positive message that at least by the time you get it you save a lot of hassle and money which is important for us as new comers.

Good luck and have a great day guys :D

Last edited:

Saira443

Jan 27, 2019
Hello,
So there's news that biometrics is opening soon for other categories too in VFS india. My question is people who have received PPR 2 , do we have to provide biometrics again and will passport stamping be done later or on the same day we give biometrics..last time both biometric and stamping request was done on the same day. I am confused here and would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Reactions: canadawaiting

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Finally, got my PPR-2 yesterday evening.

I’m a pre-March Outland applicant.
Now just waiting for the VFS courier to open.

As per the Request letter, we also need to submit the photos.

Those who have got their PPR-2, can you guys confirm if you also need to share the photos again?
Thanks
Yes I retook the photos since they wanted photos that were less than 6 months old..

Reactions: Jpsingh77

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hello,
So there's news that biometrics is opening soon for other categories too in VFS india. My question is people who have received PPR 2 , do we have to provide biometrics again and will passport stamping be done later or on the same day we give biometrics..last time both biometric and stamping request was done on the same day. I am confused here and would appreciate any help.
Thanks
biometrics are valid for 10 years.the people who have received PPR 2.they don’t need to give biometrics again.Just submitting of passports.
Biometrics are going to start from 28th June for all visa categories.it was tweeted on VFS GLOBAL Twitter account but after two hours they deleted this tweet.but the appointment link is still there.So can’t comment on this right now.

Reactions: canadawaiting

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Is it just me , whenever i try calling IRCC support centre at spot on opening time i am not able to connect due to high volume of calls.. any suggestions are welcome