Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
I will be super excited with any post-march COPR holder, being the first.:)
I trust God that post March 18 copr holders will start seeing good news that we have been waiting for by God's grace.
One of the post march in a WhatsApp group I am saw a movement in her file yesterday,she said she didn't add any body,she just got a mail that her account has been updated, when she logged in,the final decision says application in progress,her medical changed to you do not need a medical,we will send you a message if this changes. Visa office Sydney. Her Visa expired last month. Let's keep trusting God

Reactions: Titanium

Ozed15

Mar 4, 2021
Guys has anyone with a pre March copr entered Canada on these rules??
IRCC may have contacted applicants or will contact them to ask them if they are able to travel to Canada now to live and settle here. Once they are approved to come to Canada, officers will issue the applicants the documents they need to travel. Applicants should not be reaching out to IRCC.

Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)
If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.

Travelling from the US (group 4)
Applicants with expired COPRs can travel to Canada from the US for non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• their application was approved
  • they received their COPR and PRV and
  • they have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Please can you share the link to this information?

Ralino

Apr 9, 2020
Hello,

May 2019 AOR here....COPR expired on May 5th 2020.

Received email on Mar 29th 2021 if I am still interested in migrating to Canada. Replied yes on the same day.

Received requesting medicals on Apr 22nd 2021. Planning to get medical test done on first or second week of May.

Country of residence - India
Hello same situation for me :
aor 2019
Copr expired on may 2020
Re mis on avril 2021
And still waiting for the new copr..

jann719

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I trust God that post March 18 copr holders will start seeing good news that we have been waiting for by God's grace.
One of the post march in a WhatsApp group I am saw a movement in her file yesterday,she said she didn't add any body,she just got a mail that her account has been updated, when she logged in,the final decision says application in progress,her medical changed to you do not need a medical,we will send you a message if this changes. Visa office Sydney. Her Visa expired last month. Let's keep trusting God
Hello may I know your friend's AoR please and thank you

jann719

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Her Copr Dec 2020, don't know of AOR
Thank you so much for this information! Please let your friend know all the best! I know so many expired COPR with no movement yet so it is quite a blessing that she had movement on her end. God bless always.

May I also know her Country of residence?

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Your consultant is going the 0 risk route. See below for the actual rule on the matter. In my opinion and personal experience you don't need to give recent PCCs for countries you haven't lived in recently.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.
Dear @BillyWescott

Thanks a lot for your response with proper evidence. This clears the air out of any ambiguity left out. Much appreciated.

Regards
Vimalan

Also thanks to @whyCorona & @Mavs_2016 for guidance.

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
Thank you so much for this information! Please let your friend know all the best! I know so many expired COPR with no movement yet so it is quite a blessing that she had movement on her end. God bless always.

May I also know her Country of residence?
Sure, thanks. She is a Nigerian

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
What would be the disadvantages of acquiring new PCCs except for time and money? Will you miss the deadline? Will you be left destitute? If the answer to both these questions is no; then acquire a fresh set of PCCs. Better safe than sorry. (I don't think it's necessary to provide new PCCs from the countries you haven't visited since you filed your application and haven't stayed for at least 6 consecutive months. But don't risk it. Provide it anyway)
Dear @Armank90,

Thanks for your reply. The rules as highlighted by @BillyWescott clarifies the requirement. And when the new PCCs going to set me back with close to $500 it's a considerable amount is given when the world is going through a tough situation. When there are rules being clearly set, its lack of visibility grips on to the fear, and that fear tends to push people to waste resources in terms of money and time. aIn the future, if someone who is not able to meet the deadline or who is destitute may also get help by knowing the right rules.

Coming to my case, getting an Indian PCC requires me to physically visiting the Embassy appointed offices. There was a Covid positive case at my home and we were in self-isolation. Hope that explains why I was not favorable in getting the PCC done. I was lucky that the positive incident happened after our medicals if not it would have been complicated. So I'm going with the advice mentioned on the Website and shall keep posted on the developments later so it helps members to get more insight.

Last edited: