+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
How to proceed further
Guess we need to wait for vfs to open. The letter do say that we should inform ircc via web form if we are not able to submit Pps on the given timeline. So just wanted to check when are others planning to do the same

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hey people with ppr requests has anyone filled webform to book 2 way passport services atleast? I know vfs are closed and they won’t arrange a pick up but will it make any sense now to have that booked ? Or you all are waiting for vfs to open and then will book the courier? Also do we mention height and colour of eye on a plain paper as cover letter while submitting these documents?

Reactions: Sahilvee

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hey people with ppr requests has anyone filled webform to book 2 way passport services atleast? I know vfs are closed and they won’t arrange a pick up but will it make any sense now to have that booked ? Or you all are waiting for vfs to open and then will book the courier? Also do we mention height and colour of eye on a plain paper as cover letter while submitting these documents?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

saw this thread

MFA2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hello, anyone in the group whose COPR expired in Jan-2021 and they received 'Still Interested In Immigrating' email ?

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
[RE-MEDICALS]
Folks, it's been 1 week and a day that me and my non-accompanying dependent did the re-medicals exams. Still I see no update in my IRCC's account, they haven't processed yet. I know the website says they currently have a backlog. Still, if you have done, how long did yours take, could you share please?

Reactions: tar86

Devi Krishna

Jun 9, 2021
Hello,

Can anyone help me out with the next steps for my situation? I have a COPR with an expiration date till 11/15/21 and currently I am in US. Due to certain situations, I need to re-locate back to India and want to know if I can Transit through Canada do my landing formalities and fly to India? or do I need to perform the mandatory 3 day hotel quarantine and then the home quarantine to obtain the PR?

Thanks in Advance!

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Hey guys, I wanted to update that I have passed my medical exam.

For your reference, my timeline thus far has been:
Mar 30th: Received the "do you still want to immigrate" email
Apr 19th: Profile updated back to submitted status
Apr 26th: Received medical request in account
May 6th: Underwent the medical exam
Jun 7th: Passed the exam

FYI: I am a pre-March 18 expired CoPR holder.

I'm now waiting for the further process.
Hi, @RKM20

Same day. For me the only update I see in my profile is, You don't need a medical exam.

Do you see the same message ?

Edit-- It now shows you passed the medical exam with yesterday's date. Looks like we are getting served together.

Timeline,
Mar 29th: Received the "do you still want to immigrate" email
Apr 14th: Profile updated back to submitted status
Apr 23rd: Received medical request in account
Apr 28th: Underwent the medical exam
Jun 8th: Passed the exam

Last edited:

Jairo

Jul 23, 2019
My Letter of Authorization has expired and I am now ready to travel, ahead of expiry of extended validity. Do I need to get a new letter/CoPR&Visa? If so, how?

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
Hi, @RKM20

Same day. For me the only update I see in my profile is, You don't need a medical exam.

Do you see the same message ?

Edit-- It now shows you passed the medical exam with yesterday's date. Looks like we are getting served together.
Hey @JagjyotSingh, I'm glad to hear that.

My status directly changed from "we have requested a medical exam" to "you passed the medical exam."

Seeing the timing, I think you're right about us getting served together. Fingers crossed for the next steps.

Reactions: JagjyotSingh

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hello,

Can anyone help me out with the next steps for my situation? I have a COPR with an expiration date till 11/15/21 and currently I am in US. Due to certain situations, I need to re-locate back to India and want to know if I can Transit through Canada do my landing formalities and fly to India? or do I need to perform the mandatory 3 day hotel quarantine and then the home quarantine to obtain the PR?

Thanks in Advance!
Hello,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#foreign

As per this link, it says that the 14-day quarantine plan ins mandatory for anyone traveling to Canada.
I also remember reading in one of the notifications by IRCC (either on Twitter or in one of the emails they sent) that they are not allowing “soft landings” any more. We will be asked to put in all the details of our quarantine plan in the ArriveCan app. Earlier (pre-COVID-19) it was possible to go to Canada and return back without even exiting the airport but they aren’t allowing that any more. It seems you would have to do the 3-day hotel quarantine and the remaining 11-day quarantine if you are planning to enter Canada now by flight. I read that some people were opting to drive their way across the border in order to avoid the 3-day hotel quarantine and quarantine for 14 days at an Airbnb directly (or at their own homes in Canada), but there is hope that at least the 3-day hotel quarantine rule would be removed soon.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi all.. did anyone get the "do you still want to immigrate" mail in the end of april? If yes , hv u recieved the request for re-meds?
What is your VO? I think if your VO is closed it will take longer to get the request. I received the email on 19 April and got remed request in May.