+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I got request for re - medical/PCC/FBI clearance and re-submission of passports to nearest VAC on May 12th 2021. I'm currently in Himachal Pradesh(India) and under lockdown including neighbouring state of Punjab(where VAC and medical centre is located). I have raised a web-form almost a week ago toclarify this situation with IRCC and provide me additional time to complete all these formalities as they have asked everything to be submitted by June 11th 2021.

Is there anyone in similar situation and got positive response back as I'm still waiting for their reply? And how to move ahead with FBI clearance from India since it requires FD-258 card with fingerprints to be mailed to them.
Hello,I had also travelled from Dharamshala (Himachal pradesh ) to Chandigarh for medicals at max hospital on 18th May.I will suggest you to take appointment at max hospital Chandigarh for medicals and go forward.dnt delay things.
Max hospital Chandigarh is taking appointments.you can get epass to travel from Himachal to Chandigarh and get back.

Reactions: vrules90

slugger

Jan 28, 2021
I believe you are exempted based on the report on their website and the excerpt from the email you posted.

I emailed them in March asking them to extend my COPR validity as I was unable to travel like everyone else due to Covid. see below their response from the email......

As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions.

Based on our assessment of your enquiry, we have determined that additional processing is needed to extend the validity of your Confirmation of PR (CoPR) document and PR visa.

This is because the Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you and/or a dependent family member are not currently valid. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your immigration documents without valid medical results.

Then further down in the email they also wrote.....

Once we confirm that you continue to meet all statutory requirements, we will re-issue your CoPR with extended validity and also issue you the documentation you need to facilitate your travel to Canada.

I believe the COPRs been issued are generic. As pre-march we are exempted. I haven't received my COPR because the VAC in my country only works 3 days due to Covid. Sent my documents on Tuesday and it was received on Wednesday.
Hi, Did you just send a web form or is there another email address where you can ask them to extend your COPR validity

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi guys,

Passed my remeds on jan 27th and was waiting until i received an AL this morning in my email and online account mentioning that i must travel by 19/07/2021, and new copr valid until jan 27 2022.

i am a pre march copr holder and not sure why i was sent an AL and not just a PPR for a new copr.

anyone in this situation?

Thanks

Reactions: pavie24

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi. I received do you still want to immigrate mail on 13th April. My details got updated in the profile on 21st April. I still haven't got my medical request. Is there something I should do? Should I send a webform and ask them about it?

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi. I received do you still want to immigrate mail on 13th April. My details got updated in the profile on 21st April. I still haven't got my medical request. Is there something I should do? Should I send a webform and ask them about it?
Hi, same situation with me, but i think people are slowly getting the medical requests. Every couple of days i see on the forum some member getting a re-medical request.

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi All,

Just wanted to update the community, today I received my PPR request email asking to submit passports, photos to VAC in New York (I'm based out of the US).

I've updated the timeline of steps in my signature but would like to mention few interesting things that the community might find helpful:
  • Re-Medical: IRCC accepted my up-front medical done back in December from India. I almost lost the hope that they would be accepted and was ready to get another done in the states (500$++ per person). Thankfully on suggestion by some folks here I emailed IRCC and they acknowledged that they have received my upfront medical and updated it in the system.
    So for anyone in same shoes as mine, this datapoint could save money and a ton of headaches. But as always YMMV

• VAC in New York: I'll be shortly sending my Passport and photos to VAC in New York. Last time I sent my passport to Ottawa for PPR. Not sure if everyone in the US is getting the same PPR instructions
Hi, congrats on your second PPR. I also got PPR a few weeks back (US based) and was asked to send my passports to Ottawa, so I don't think we all get the same instructions. If you don't mind me asking, would you have Ottawa email address please? If you do, can you please share?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi guys,

So I have received my new COPR, which is really quick. I sent my documents through to VAC on Tuesday afternoon,VAC processed on Wednesday afternoon, IRCC received my documents this morning (Thursday) and I have already received an email notification with new COPR after just 4 hours of them receiving it. The new COPR is valid until April 2022.

@Welluf2019 unfortunately my new COPR didn't mention this is a replacement of my old COPR. And it says I am not allowed to travel. See info below. I will however email them and ask for clarification since my original COPR was issued before March 2020.

We are pleased to advise that your application for permanent residence has been approved, and we have issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable) to you and your identified accompanying dependants. However, in light of current travel restrictions due to COVID-19, you cannot travel to Canada at this time to become a permanent resident (unless you meet the travel restriction exemptions according to our website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html). Note that your status as a permanent resident in Canada is not finalized until you have landed in Canada.

Travel restrictions

To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. Please visit the following link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html

Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada if their valid CoPR and PRV was issued after March 18, 2020, unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

We have issued your documents so that when the restrictions are lifted, you will have your documents ready to travel to Canada.

Please keep your documents in a safe space.

You won’t be allowed to board your flight to Canada at this time. It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of any changes to the travel restrictions to Canada by going to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html.
Hi Guocamole

After I read this post I sent an email to IRCC yesterday enquiring about exemptions. They responded yesterday with the below...

Thank you for your inquiry.

Once you submit your passport as per the instructions sent to you on May 15, 2021, a replacement COPR will be issued. This new COPR will be annotated to indicate that it is replacing a document that was previously issued on or before March 18, 2020), and you will be able to travel to Canada using this replacement COPR.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada MT9619

Last edited:

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Hi, congrats on your second PPR. I also got PPR a few weeks back (US based) and was asked to send my passports to Ottawa, so I don't think we all get the same instructions. If you don't mind me asking, would you have Ottawa email address please? If you do, can you please share?
Hmm that's interesting. Not sure why some are getting VAC vs Ottawa. This is the email I've for Ottawa: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: Dee O and Duffa

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello,I had also travelled from Dharamshala (Himachal pradesh ) to Chandigarh for medicals at max hospital on 18th May.I will suggest you to take appointment at max hospital Chandigarh for medicals and go forward.dnt delay things.
Max hospital Chandigarh is taking appointments.you can get epass to travel from Himachal to Chandigarh and get back.
Have you got PCC request or document submission at VAC? Even if medicals are done other tasks are not possible until May end.

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hey. I got email requesting for PCC from the countries we have resided after 18 years of age.

What am confused about is whether I have to submit pcc for 3 different countries that I have resided in , because there is only one slot to upload documents in the account.

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi Guocamole

After I read this post I sent an email to IRCC yesterday enquiring about exemptions. They responded yesterday with the below...

Once you submit your passport as per the instructions sent to you on May 15, 2021, a replacement COPR will be issued. This new COPR will be annotated to indicate that it is replacing a document that was previously issued on or before March 18, 2020), and you will be able to travel to Canada using this replacement COPR.

Sincerely,

Can you tell me in which email did you raise this query?

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
@vrules90 Hi. In my request letter they have mentioned about Pcc and medical examination. But I did not get the medical form in the message section in the gckey account.
But my status is showing as "you do not need a medical examination. We will send you a message if this changes"
Did you get the medical form in the message section of the account?

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Hi Guocamole

Sincerely,

That's great to know. Thanks for asking and updating us here. My COPR online copy didn't mention anything about it but I hope the actual physical copy is different. I will receive it on Monday so only a few more days to find out.