Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
A quick query for all whos application went back to reprocessing, due to expired COPR or requests to extension, did your biometrics dissappear from your account. My account does not show the details of the biometrics. Is this normal?

I applied for a study permit for my dependant, and while we had provided our biometrics less than 2 years back, but we have received a message requesting for biometrics.

I am thinking of raising a webform for the same. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
A quick query for all whos application went back to reprocessing, due to expired COPR or requests to extension, did your biometrics dissappear from your account. My account does not show the details of the biometrics. Is this normal?

I applied for a study permit for my dependant, and while we had provided our biometrics less than 2 years back, but we have received a message requesting for biometrics.

I am thinking of raising a webform for the same. Your feedback would be much appreciated.
as far as I know Biometrics is valid for a period of 5 years.

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi, i am a US citizen living in India, and had to get my FBI clearance done for Canadian PR as well. I got it done through this company - https://www.internationalfingerprinting.com/
Their services were efficient, although a bit expensive, and they are based in Delhi. So you can get in touch with them for processing your FBI clearance, even if you may have to visit Delhi for a day, it seems to be worth it.
Thanks for sharing the resource @amarneo. Problem is to travel in these lockdown/curfew situations because for medical and visiting VAC also I have to travel minimum upto Chandigarh. Hoping IRCC will extend the timelines to submit these documents. And any idea if VAC are accepting documents package these days?

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021

Hi, my biometrics too disappeared from my profile the day the medical information disappeared. Felt a little strange because ftom what i’ve been able to gather from other’s experiences, they only need to redo their medicals (and perhaps PCC).

Reactions: Titanium

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Thanks for sharing the resource @amarneo. Problem is to travel in these lockdown/curfew situations because for medical and visiting VAC also I have to travel minimum upto Chandigarh. Hoping IRCC will extend the timelines to submit these documents. And any idea if VAC are accepting documents package these days?
Yes, if you raise a webform and tell IRCC about the current lockdown/curfew here, and ask them for 90 days instead of the given 30, they will usually extend it.
Although, if you do decide to travel, you wont have much problems getting to Chandigarh or Delhi by road, i know a lot of people who have recently for important work. Just make sure you travel during the morning/daytime as they get more strict about the curfew post 7:30pm.
VAC as far as i know are shut here, so that is one more thing you should mention to IRCC when you raise the webform asking for extension.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I got request for re - medical/PCC/FBI clearance and re-submission of passports to nearest VAC on May 12th 2021. I'm currently in Himachal Pradesh(India) and under lockdown including neighbouring state of Punjab(where VAC and medical centre is located). I have raised a web-form almost a week ago toclarify this situation with IRCC and provide me additional time to complete all these formalities as they have asked everything to be submitted by June 11th 2021.

Is there anyone in similar situation and got positive response back as I'm still waiting for their reply? And how to move ahead with FBI clearance from India since it requires FD-258 card with fingerprints to be mailed to them.
Could you clarify if you were in the US again since the COPR expired? because if you havent traveled then why would they ask for it? Also, did you get all three requests together or on different days?

As for the fingerprinting, there should be fingerprinting experts close to you. Last time I needed one, I actually searched this forum and found one less than 10 mins from my place. You can also get the fingerpriting card from amazon and do it at home, although I would recommend going to a fingerprinting expert. Once you have the fingerprint card ready, wait for it to fully try (this is very imp) and just ship it to the FBI address. You will get the PCC the day the package reaches and an email allowing you access to the online copy (which you can upload to IRCC). They will also send you a mail copy, but that takes longer. All in all, once you find an fingerprinting expert, the whole thing should take a week at the max (including courier transit time).

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hey. Glad to hear.

I also have similar timelines. Just wanted to know did you raise a webform post your reply to the 'Do you still want to immigrate?' mail for your remeds.
I am expecting my remeds anytime now.
No. I simply replied to the "Do you want to immigrate" email and waited. They updated my CIC account 1 week later. Then, a month later, they sent me the remedical request.

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Could you clarify if you were in the US again since the COPR expired? because if you havent traveled then why would they ask for it? Also, did you get all three requests together or on different days?

As for the fingerprinting, there should be fingerprinting experts close to you. Last time I needed one, I actually searched this forum and found one less than 10 mins from my place. You can also get the fingerpriting card from amazon and do it at home, although I would recommend going to a fingerprinting expert. Once you have the fingerprint card ready, wait for it to fully try (this is very imp) and just ship it to the FBI address. You will get the PCC the day the package reaches and an email allowing you access to the online copy (which you can upload to IRCC). They will also send you a mail copy, but that takes longer. All in all, once you find an fingerprinting expert, the whole thing should take a week at the max (including courier transit time).
I got all request letter total 5 of them on same day. 2 medical forms(me and my wife),2 letters stating FBI clearance and PCC required,1 letter stating submission of documents at VAC. All things needs to be completed within 30 days i.e. June 11th 2021.

No, I moved to India in 2019 before I planned my move to Canada. But then COVID hit and I wasn't able to travel and COPR expired. Now in my past 10 years I stayed more than 6 months in USA so they want me to go for FBI clearance again with Indian PCC as well. But due to lockdown I'm not able to schedule PCC appointment at my place till end of May 2021 and not sure for how much long if lockdown extends. In case of FBI yes I looked for FD_258 card on amazon but they all were equivalent and not exactly same, so not sure if I should order those or get FD_258 downloaded and printed on some hard paper which as per FBI website are accepted. Only thing to worry about is properly placing the fingerprints on it as per their requirements.

Anyways I'm less worried about FBI thing because in past it was pretty quick once your fingerprint card reaches at their office. Only thing to worry about is Indian PCC and medical appointment plus document submission at VAC. If anyone had done this recently in Himachal/Punjab area do respond.

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Yes, if you raise a webform and tell IRCC about the current lockdown/curfew here, and ask them for 90 days instead of the given 30, they will usually extend it.
Although, if you do decide to travel, you wont have much problems getting to Chandigarh or Delhi by road, i know a lot of people who have recently for important work. Just make sure you travel during the morning/daytime as they get more strict about the curfew post 7:30pm.
VAC as far as i know are shut here, so that is one more thing you should mention to IRCC when you raise the webform asking for extension.
Thanks for the update regarding VAC. I'm kind of avoiding the travel during these times unless the situation becomes dire. I have raised the webform almost a week ago and will do one more sort of reminder one later this week explaining the situation. Hopefully they'll extend it and it'll work out for me.

Reactions: amarneo

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys,

So I have received my new COPR, which is really quick. I sent my documents through to VAC on Tuesday afternoon,VAC processed on Wednesday afternoon, IRCC received my documents this morning (Thursday) and I have already received an email notification with new COPR after just 4 hours of them receiving it. The new COPR is valid until April 2022.

@Welluf2019 unfortunately my new COPR didn't mention this is a replacement of my old COPR. And it says I am not allowed to travel. See info below. I will however email them and ask for clarification since my original COPR was issued before March 2020.

We are pleased to advise that your application for permanent residence has been approved, and we have issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable) to you and your identified accompanying dependants. However, in light of current travel restrictions due to COVID-19, you cannot travel to Canada at this time to become a permanent resident (unless you meet the travel restriction exemptions according to our website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html). Note that your status as a permanent resident in Canada is not finalized until you have landed in Canada.

Travel restrictions

To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. Please visit the following link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html

Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada if their valid CoPR and PRV was issued after March 18, 2020, unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

We have issued your documents so that when the restrictions are lifted, you will have your documents ready to travel to Canada.

Please keep your documents in a safe space.

You won’t be allowed to board your flight to Canada at this time. It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of any changes to the travel restrictions to Canada by going to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html.

Last edited:

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys,

So I have received my new COPR, which is really quick. I sent my documents through to VAC on Tuesday afternoon,VAC processed on Wednesday afternoon, IRCC received my documents this morning (Thursday) and I have already received an email notification with new COPR after just 4 hours of them receiving it. The new COPR is valid until April 2022.

@Welluf2019 unfortunately my new COPR didn't mention this is a replacement of my old COPR. And it says I am not allowed to travel. See info below. I will however email them and ask for clarification since my original COPR was issued before March 2020.

We are pleased to advise that your application for permanent residence has been approved, and we have issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable) to you and your identified accompanying dependants. However, in light of current travel restrictions due to COVID-19, you cannot travel to Canada at this time to become a permanent resident (unless you meet the travel restriction exemptions according to our website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html). Note that your status as a permanent resident in Canada is not finalized until you have landed in Canada.

Travel restrictions

To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. Please visit the following link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html

Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada if their valid CoPR and PRV was issued after March 18, 2020, unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

We have issued your documents so that when the restrictions are lifted, you will have your documents ready to travel to Canada.

You won’t be allowed to board your flight to Canada at this time. It is your responsibility to keep yourself informed of any changes to the travel restrictions to Canada by going to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel- restrictions-exemptions.html.
Hi could you clarify your timeline pls? Also where is the VAC located? And what's your VO?

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hi guys,

Travel restrictions

If you are pre March 18th 2020 approved applicant, you fall under the exception, then you can travel if you are not situated in India or Pakistan because as of now the flights from both the countries are banned till 22nd June 2021.