+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Hi All,

Just wanted to update the community, today I received my PPR request email asking to submit passports, photos to VAC in New York (I'm based out of the US).

I've updated the timeline of steps in my signature but would like to mention few interesting things that the community might find helpful:
  • Re-Medical: IRCC accepted my up-front medical done back in December from India. I almost lost the hope that they would be accepted and was ready to get another done in the states (500$++ per person). Thankfully on suggestion by some folks here I emailed IRCC and they acknowledged that they have received my upfront medical and updated it in the system.
    So for anyone in same shoes as mine, this datapoint could save money and a ton of headaches. But as always YMMV

• VAC in New York: I'll be shortly sending my Passport and photos to VAC in New York. Last time I sent my passport to Ottawa for PPR. Not sure if everyone in the US is getting the same PPR instructions

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hey guys,

My personal address showing in the medical form (IMM1017) is outdated. Should I raise a webform to notify them of my new address (I had already done so but visibly they haven't taken that into account) before my medical visit? Or should I tell the doctor to update my address and then notify IRCC of the same when I upload the signed IMM1017?

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi All,

Just wanted to update the community, today I received my PPR request email asking to submit passports, photos to VAC in New York (I'm based out of the US).

I've updated the timeline of steps in my signature but would like to mention few interesting things that the community might find helpful:
  • Re-Medical: IRCC accepted my up-front medical done back in December from India. I almost lost the hope that they would be accepted and was ready to get another done in the states (500$++ per person). Thankfully on suggestion by some folks here I emailed IRCC and they acknowledged that they have received my upfront medical and updated it in the system.
    So for anyone in same shoes as mine, this datapoint could save money and a ton of headaches. But as always YMMV

• VAC in New York: I'll be shortly sending my Passport and photos to VAC in New York. Last time I sent my passport to Ottawa for PPR. Not sure if everyone in the US is getting the same PPR instructions
Congrats! I'm based out of the US, too. I have a very similar timeline as you in terms of CoPR expiry, ultimatum email, re-med request/completion, etc. Just to clarify if this is not a typo - your post says you got a PPR request, but your signature states you have a PCC request on 19th May. Did you get a request to do the police verification while also getting a PPR simultaneously?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi All,

oh that's great they're letting you do it through a VAC. sending the passport across the border gave me so much anxiety last time. Plus, it was harder to track and took a month for the whole process. VAC will be faster and has step-by-step tracking. Please keep us posted on your experience.

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hi All,

Thank you sharing your insights. Do you remember on which email id o IRCC you sent the information regarding the upfront medicals that helped you save time and money?

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello Everyone,

I got request for re - medical/PCC/FBI clearance and re-submission of passports to nearest VAC on May 12th 2021. I'm currently in Himachal Pradesh(India) and under lockdown including neighbouring state of Punjab(where VAC and medical centre is located). I have raised a web-form almost a week ago toclarify this situation with IRCC and provide me additional time to complete all these formalities as they have asked everything to be submitted by June 11th 2021.

Is there anyone in similar situation and got positive response back as I'm still waiting for their reply? And how to move ahead with FBI clearance from India since it requires FD-258 card with fingerprints to be mailed to them.

Reactions: tusa47

MrMiyagi

Dec 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I got request for re - medical/PCC/FBI clearance and re-submission of passports to nearest VAC on May 12th 2021. I'm currently in Himachal Pradesh(India) and under lockdown including neighbouring state of Punjab(where VAC and medical centre is located). I have raised a web-form almost a week ago toclarify this situation with IRCC and provide me additional time to complete all these formalities as they have asked everything to be submitted by June 11th 2021.

Is there anyone in similar situation and got positive response back as I'm still waiting for their reply? And how to move ahead with FBI clearance from India since it requires FD-258 card with fingerprints to be mailed to them.
SO you mean to say you already submitted FBI clearance as you might have spent 6 months+ in US. And now they are asking you to redo US police clearance also? That's insane!

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
SO you mean to say you already submitted FBI clearance as you might have spent 6 months+ in US. And now they are asking you to redo US police clearance also? That's insane!
When I applied initially through express entry, I was in USA at that time and submitted FBI clearance easily from there but as I was not able to travel last year due to COVID. Now they have asked to redo medical, PCC and FBI clearance but now I have moved to India and how to get FBI thing done is going to be tough for me.

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
When I applied initially through express entry, I was in USA at that time and submitted FBI clearance easily from there but as I was not able to travel last year due to COVID. Now they have asked to redo medical, PCC and FBI clearance but now I have moved to India and how to get FBI thing done is going to be tough for me.
Hi, i am a US citizen living in India, and had to get my FBI clearance done for Canadian PR as well. I got it done through this company - https://www.internationalfingerprinting.com/
Their services were efficient, although a bit expensive, and they are based in Delhi. So you can get in touch with them for processing your FBI clearance, even if you may have to visit Delhi for a day, it seems to be worth it.

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Congrats! I'm based out of the US, too. I have a very similar timeline as you in terms of CoPR expiry, ultimatum email, re-med request/completion, etc. Just to clarify if this is not a typo - your post says you got a PPR request, but your signature states you have a PCC request on 19th May. Did you get a request to do the police verification while also getting a PPR simultaneously?
Good catch, yes, that was a typo in my signature. I got the PPR, fortunately, no PCC or FBI (yet).

Thank you sharing your insights. Do you remember on which email id o IRCC you sent the information regarding the upfront medicals that helped you save time and money?
IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: K&K