+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
You cannot submit your documents in person at VAC. You have to send via courier and also pay VAC to courier your CoPR to you. Call the VAC for clarity.

PS You don't just send photos. You would also send, photocopy of biodata passport page, copy of PPR letter and info regarding your height and eye color
Thanks for the info.

The letter says visa exempt applicants with online account can upload photocopy of passport page and the letter via online account so really the only physical thing I need to send is my photos. Now you mentioned it, I did remember having to include a pre-paid postage envelope inside the package when I initially applied, apart from they asked me to send directly to High Commission of Canada instead of VAC last time. I will see if I can call them and ask for clarify. Thanks again.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for the info.

The letter says visa exempt applicants with online account can upload photocopy of passport page and the letter via online account so really the only physical thing I need to send is my photos. Now you mentioned it, I did remember having to include a pre-paid postage envelope inside the package when I initially applied, apart from they asked me to send directly to High Commission of Canada instead of VAC last time. I will see if I can call them and ask for clarify. Thanks again.
No worries. I am pre March and also a visa exempt applicant. I believe they are sending different emails to people then because you have the option to upload documents to your online account . I received my PPR 2 days ago and in my letter, I was told to send photocopy of biodata page, passport photos and height and eye color details to VAC. Similar to what was requested in my first PPR. All the best

May 10, 2021
No worries. I am pre March and also a visa exempt applicant. I believe they are sending different emails to people then because you have the option to upload documents to your online account . I received my PPR 2 days ago and in my letter, I was told to send photocopy of biodata page, passport photos and height and eye color details to VAC. Similar to what was requested in my first PPR. All the best
Is there any indication of how long it should take to get your passport back??

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
Someone else here mentioned they replied after the deadline and their case has been recently updated. It wasn't a month later though. Hopefully they will update yours too.
Thank you for giving me some hope. Please of anyone experienced something similar, let me know.I am so worried right now.

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Hi, you received any response yet. Please let me know. I also missed the email and replied late.
Hi, yes, i also replied quite late to the email as it had gone to my spam folder. Two things i did - In the reply to that e-mail (albeit late), after answering the 8 point questions, in the "Please also include any other updated information...." section I included a explanation for why i could not reply on time and also requested them a lot to consider my application despite the late reply.

Secondly, after replying to that email, i also raised a webform on the IRCC website again telling them what had happened and apologising for the late reply and requesting them to still consider our application, and i also attached a copy of the e-mail i had gotten from IRCC and my late reply.

Subsequently, my profile was updated and i eventually got a re-med request. So they are being lenient about it, although i cant say for sure which of the two steps i took may have worked, so i suggest you do the same. Dont worry, im sure they will consider it. Best of luck!

Reactions: Titanium

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
Hi, yes, i also replied quite late to the email as it had gone to my spam folder. Two things i did - In the reply to that e-mail (albeit late), after answering the 8 point questions, in the "Please also include any other updated information...." section I included a explanation for why i could not reply on time and also requested them a lot to consider my application despite the late reply.

Secondly, after replying to that email, i also raised a webform on the IRCC website again telling them what had happened and apologising for the late reply and requesting them to still consider our application, and i also attached a copy of the e-mail i had gotten from IRCC and my late reply.

Subsequently, my profile was updated and i eventually got a re-med request. So they are being lenient about it, although i cant say for sure which of the two steps i took may have worked, so i suggest you do the same. Dont worry, im sure they will consider it. Best of luck!
Thank you so much. I have sent the webform as well but I didn't mentioned much. My family got completely affected by second wave so i thought better to avoid mentioned anything related to COVID. Can you tell approx how long it took for your profile to get updated.

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Thank you so much. I have sent the webform as well but I didn't mentioned much. My family got completely affected by second wave so i thought better to avoid mentioned anything related to COVID. Can you tell approx how long it took for your profile to get updated.
Mine happened pretty quick, in like 3-4 days. But iv been reading that the time varies, and has even gone up to 3-4 weeks for some people. So just sit tight and dont worry, if you have replied to the e-mail and raised a web form, they will get back to you :)
Btw, whats your VO?

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
Mine happened pretty quick, in like 3-4 days. But iv been reading that the time varies, and has even gone up to 3-4 weeks for some people. So just sit tight and dont worry, if you have replied to the e-mail and raised a web form, they will get back to you :)
Btw, whats your VO?
New Delhi

jatinder161088

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi,

My COPR/PR Visa is expiring on 31st May 21.
When can I expect IRCC to contact me regarding new PPR request?
Do I need to raise a webform to inform about the expiry and request instructions or it doesn't matter?

TIA

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
According to the current vax pace by May 30, 75% will receive the first dose for those who are 16+ of age.. expect good news heading our way (COPR post march 2020 )

First Dose
MonthPlanned (millions)Actual (millions)Comments
25-Apr-211010https://www.macleans.ca/news/what-new-covid-vaccine-modelling-says-about-when-canada-might-lift-restrictions/
03-May-2112.413.9https://globalnews.ca/news/7829119/covid-vaccine-first-dose-canada/
10-May-2114.516.3https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html
16-May-2116.318.1https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html
20-May-2117.519.95Forecasted based on Actual Data (April 25, May 3, May 10, and May 16)
24-May-2118.721.49Forecasted based on Actual Data (April 25, May 3, May 10, and May 16)
30-May-2120.523.79Forecasted based on Actual Data (April 25, May 3, May 10, and May 16)
07-Jun-2122.926.87Forecasted based on Actual Data (April 25, May 3, May 10, and May 16)
21-Jun-2127.132.24Forecasted based on Actual Data (April 25, May 3, May 10, and May 16)
She already defended post March CoPR holders in March 2021, 2 months ago... Didn't help us so far

Chintan_patel95

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Everyone I need your help : My mom is in serious condition in India and I have to go may be in a week or two and I haven’t get my COPR yet can I travel to india ? Will i get any trouble ? Anyway I can speed up the process? Work permit expiring in nove 29,2021

my consultant told me to wait until I get my COPR or I would get stuck in india for a long time
AOR: oct 23,2020 CEC Inland
Vo: ottawa
Eligibility passed
Info in progress
Security not started
Medical passed
Bio ex
Criminality passed

May 10, 2021
Everyone I need your help : My mom is in serious condition in India and I have to go may be in a week or two and I haven’t get my COPR yet can I travel to india ? Will i get any trouble ? Anyway I can speed up the process? Work permit expiring in nove 29,2021

my consultant told me to wait until I get my COPR or I would get stuck in india for a long time
AOR: oct 23,2020 CEC Inland
Vo: ottawa
Eligibility passed
Info in progress
Security not started
Medical passed
Bio ex
Criminality passed
Where are you travelling from? Also your consultant is correct that you may very well get stuck in India. But you have to do what you think is best for you.

Reactions: Chintan_patel95