Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Wow that's pretty scary ! I always thought that if they let you board the plane, and if you reach the Port of Entry, as long as you have your COPR, you'll be fine. It seems not !
Hum I definitely do not want to reach Canada "illegally"... On the other hand, if their website says we can come as long as we go through US, is it my fault if they didn't mention I'd also need to be a US resident ? I mean, it's been two months that I am trying to contact them so I do with what information I have... So unless it is written clearly somewhere that the exemption is for US residents only, and unless the restrictions are lifted by mid-end of June, I think I'll take my chances....maybe :x
But thanks for the info in any case, I appreciate it !
It is not that you are coming legally. The final decision to let an individual enter Canada, even if they have a valid COPR / visa is on the CBSA officer at the port of entry. Unless you are a citizen or a PR, you do not have a right to enter the country.

Reactions: gtcan19

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
It is not that you are coming legally. The final decision to let an individual enter Canada, even if they have a valid COPR / visa is on the CBSA officer at the port of entry. Unless you are a citizen or a PR, you do not have a right to enter the country.
Understood, thanks for the explanations mate !

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
You can surely search and apply and let the employer know your status.

To currently travel, you will need a work permit.
@Legafalcon: I am a similar situation. My PR was approved in January 2021 and at that time they had issues me a travel authorization letter. Two weeks back they wrote that travel authorization was issued due to an administrative error and I cannot travel using that. My CoPR as shown in the application is valid till November of 2022. I now have a job offer from an employer in Canada and I need to go there in June to start the job. I have been in US from last 6 years and would travel from US to Canada. I am also fully vaccinated. Does this Mar 2020 rule apply to travelers from US or Can I travel from US as a PR using my job offer because job is a non discretionary reason. Please help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@Legafalcon: I am a similar situation. My PR was approved in January 2021 and at that time they had issues me a travel authorization letter. Two weeks back they wrote that travel authorization was issued due to an administrative error and I cannot travel using that. My CoPR as shown in the application is valid till November of 2022. I now have a job offer from an employer in Canada and I need to go there in June to start the job. I have been in US from last 6 years and would travel from US to Canada. I am also fully vaccinated. Does this Mar 2020 rule apply to travelers from US or Can I travel from US as a PR using my job offer because job is a non discretionary reason. Please help!
If you are a resident of the US, you are exempt from travel restrictions.

All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020

• You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html
Thanks for your response. By "resident" did you mean permanent resident (Green Card holder) or just resident. I don't have green card but have been resident of US for last 6 years.

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone,
I would like to share a good news with all.
My brother n his wife received PPR today after long long long wait.
They are pre March COPR holders.
VO: New Delhi
First COPR issued: March 14 2020
COPR expired: May 1st 2020
Re medical done: Nov 18th 2020
GC key updated: March 5th 2021
New PPR email: May 7th 2021

Hi @Ajalpatel

Congratulations to your brother on his new COPR!
you said that GCKey was updated on 5th March 2021.

Could you tell me what was updated please?

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your response. By "resident" did you mean permanent resident (Green Card holder) or just resident. I don't have green card but have been resident of US for last 6 years.
Just resident, I.e who resides in the US on a temporary visa or is a pr or citizen.

nedaa

Oct 20, 2018
Hi everyone
I am an approved PR after march 2020 and the expiry of my Copr is October 2021. Today my application changed from approved to profile updated but nothing else has changed !
Anyone knows what does it mean?

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hi everyone
I am an approved PR after march 2020 and the expiry of my Copr is October 2021. Today my application changed from approved to profile updated but nothing else has changed !
Anyone knows what does it mean?
You will get re medical request

Reactions: nedaa

ki2_2019

Dec 1, 2019

Hi @legalfalcon , I need some clarification. Will I be allowed to enter Canada if I have a valid CoPR and visa along with a job offer from a country other than US ? Thanks in advance!

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hey Guys,

I am a pre-18 March COPR expired in June 2020
VO - NDVO
RTT - done (5th Jan 2021)
Remedicals - done (9th March)
Replied to Do you still want to immigrate (19th April) - done

GCKey has medicals as passed (5th April) and status is submitted.
Currently verifying background check...

No replies from IRCC or any updates at all

Today, when I logged into my GCkey, I saw that in place of "Submitted", it showed "Application/profile updated"
This was persistent after logging and logging out several times.

There is no other update in my GCkey Account neither do I have any emails.

I hope this is a sign of something and that there would be a real update soon.

Reactions: pavie24

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey Guys,

I am a pre-18 March COPR expired in June 2020
VO - NDVO
RTT - done (5th Jan 2021)
Remedicals - done (9th March)
Replied to Do you still want to immigrate (19th April) - done

GCKey has medicals as passed (5th April) and status is submitted.
Currently verifying background check...

No replies from IRCC or any updates at all

Today, when I logged into my GCkey, I saw that in place of "Submitted", it showed "Application/profile updated"
This was persistent after logging and logging out several times.

There is no other update in my GCkey Account neither do I have any emails.

I hope this is a sign of something and that there would be a real update soon.
Had same experience, there in no change in profile whatsoever. Not getting too excited. Seems some issue with website.

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
URGENT HELP Request:

Hello friends,

I am an FSW-O pre-18 Mar 2020 applicant with an expired CoPR.

I received the “...still willing to migrate...” email, which I responded in the positive.
Subsequently, I received the re-medical request.

Now, my spouse’s passport is getting expired in next 4 months, and hence IRCC has asked me to share the new (extended) passport. Due to COVID, I am unable to visit Passport office, and hence would like to request IRCC for more time for the same. In such cases, IRCC letter had asked us to email them about the situation. But there is no email Id shared, where we need to respond.

While I’ll be replying through the webform, they have specifically asked us to reply by email.

Can anyone suggest which email Id I should use to update them, pls?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
URGENT HELP Request:

Hello friends,

I am an FSW-O pre-18 Mar 2020 applicant with an expired CoPR.

I received the “...still willing to migrate...” email, which I responded in the positive.
Subsequently, I received the re-medical request.

Now, my spouse’s passport is getting expired in next 4 months, and hence IRCC has asked me to share the new (extended) passport. Due to COVID, I am unable to visit Passport office, and hence would like to request IRCC for more time for the same. In such cases, IRCC letter had asked us to email them about the situation. But there is no email Id shared, where we need to respond.

While I’ll be replying through the webform, they have specifically asked us to reply by email.

Can anyone suggest which email Id I should use to update them, pls?
Thanks in advance.
Reply to ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca