Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Thank you so much @legalfalcon
Just one more query. The student permit is for my dependant. We have the UCI assigned as a part of the PR application. Should we provide the same UCI assigned in the student permit application?
Appreciate your patience and kind advice.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much @legalfalcon
Just one more query. The student permit is for my dependant. We have the UCI assigned as a part of the PR application. Should we provide the same UCI assigned in the student permit application?
Appreciate your patience and kind advice.
The UCI remains the same after it has been issued irrespective of any application you file. Only your application number will change with each application you file.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
That would be so unfair, but who knows with the IR double F*ing C.

As per discussions with a couple of people from this thread, pre-March 18 people could use their expired COPR together with the new COPR as proof that they are pre-March 18 and thus exempt from the travel restrictions. But I have not seen any first-hand testimony or anything else to that effect myself.
Someone in this thread wrote that they have issued his/her new copr and that it was mentioned somewhere that it is replacement to the pre march copr, so they fall under travel exemption.
But still havent read that anyone actually travelled and entered with it.
I am a pre march and passed my remeds in jan 2021 and still waiting for new copr to be issued.

good luck!

didar522

May 6, 2021
Hello All,

Really Appreciate your time in reading our message.

Our EE PR application in the CEC category was submitted in Oct, 2019. It was already approved and passports were requested in (March, 2020). COPR was also issued in May, 2020 with validity for only 11 days instead of 6 months. Due to Covid lockdowns, COPR was received within Canada via mail one day after the given validity date, and therefore could not be used for PR Landing.

We are in Canada CEC applicants (staying in Canada for the last 10 years). We have been communicating with IRCC for the last one year, to get instructions on the next steps for completing our PR Status (extended COPR/Virtual landing/call from IRCC). Yet we don’t have any updates/instructions/timeline from IRCC when our PR process would complete and what is the next step from here, what to expect.

The Local MP office also communicated multiple times on my behalf and each time, IRCC just informed me things are in progress without any valid details. We are already waiting one year here and can not see any timelines in the online application. It would be really great, if we can please get an idea, how many days/weeks/months/years it would take to get the next instructions to complete our PR process and what are our next steps.

It is already a time of huge uncertainty with all the Pandemic around us. With more uncertainties regarding this PR status, we are really afraid, what would happen, what should we do, do we need to go back after 10 years of staying in Canada? If you have any idea about our situation and can help with any information or instructions that we should take, it would extremely help. Thanks again for your time.

CCYAN

Mar 8, 2021
Hi everyone,I got a problem.

Our CoPR was approved before March 18th, 2020, and we asked for an AL in Dec 2020.
In the letter, it wrote 'Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on February 27, 2020'.
But after that, our application status on the IRCC website became 'December 17, 2020, Your application was approved, which means it's post-March 18th 2020 now.

Our PR visa expired on Feb 21st, 2021, the AL expired on the same day.

So I'm confused that may our case receive the 'do you still want to immigrate' letter or not.

The website says 'If we approved your permanent residence application and we issued you a COPR on or before March 18, 2020, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.'

Last edited:

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP

Our CoPR was approved before March 18th, 2020, and we asked for an AL in Dec 2020.
In the letter, it wrote 'Your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved on February 27, 2020'.
But after that, our application status on the IRCC website became 'December 17, 2020, Your application was approved, which means it's post-March 18th 2020 now.

So I'm confused that may our case receive the 'do you still want to immigrate' letter or not.

The website says 'If we approved your permanent residence application and we issued you a COPR on or before March 18, 2020, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.'
What's the date in your CoPR? (Issued date under 'APPLICATION DETAILS' title)

cemrocks

Feb 23, 2020
Hi All,
My COPR will be expiring this July 2021, and currently not allowed to travel due to border restrictions. I would like to know if there a possibility for me to request an exception in case if I have a job offer in hand and if yes, could you please guide me on the request process?

CCYAN

Mar 8, 2021
What's the date in your CoPR? (Issued date under 'APPLICATION DETAILS' title)
Thank you for your reply.

It's 2021/03/27. This was also confusing us.
At first, we thought we were post-18th, then asked for a 'ready to travel' letter in Nov 2020, expecting to be exempted as a post-march visa holder.
But in the AL we received, it told us 'As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions. It just 'extended' our expiration date to exactly the same day as our original visa, which is Feb 21st, 2021.

So I wonder if we are in the pre-March group, no matter when the AL arrived, we may still belong to the pre-Match?

Approved date:2020/02/27
Issued date:2020/03/27
IRCC website:2020/12/17 (the day AL mail arrived)

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020

As your PR was approved on Feb 2020 so you are a case of pre march. They renewed your CoPR and PRV. Now you didnt avail that oopertunity. Contact IRCC and tell them that you couldnt travel.

Reactions: CCYAN

ameha

Jun 1, 2018
Hello all, I replied to the do you want to immigrate email on April 7th. No update in profile whatsoever. It’s been 29 days now

I had changed the subject line while responding because the email didn’t say anything about the subject line.

should I reach out?

agrawalakshay

Aug 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Hello,

I was just wondering if we apply for a US tourist visa now from India and suppose we are granted one, can we fly to US and then enter Canada by Road or by flight from US to validate our COPR?

Since the only exemption for COPR holders is if we are coming from USA to validate our COPR.

Has anyone tried this or how feasible or even possible is this way? Any help is appreciated @legalfalcon
Thanks

PS - I am aware the US embassy is currently closed in India, and I am considering this situation when the US embassy opens up again.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Thank you for your reply.

It's 2021/03/27. This was also confusing us.
At first, we thought we were post-18th, then asked for a 'ready to travel' letter in Nov 2020, expecting to be exempted as a post-march visa holder.
But in the AL we received, it told us 'As your application for permanent residence was approved on or before March 18, 2020, you are exempt from the travel restrictions. It just 'extended' our expiration date to exactly the same day as our original visa, which is Feb 21st, 2021.

So I wonder if we are in the pre-March group, no matter when the AL arrived, we may still belong to the pre-Match?

Approved date:2020/02/27
Issued date:2020/03/27
IRCC website:2020/12/17 (the day AL mail arrived)
I think since the CoPR was issued post-march, you're a post-march CoPR holder. But I suppose since you have acquired an AL, it doesn't matter anymore (you're allowed to travel with an AL anyway). So, don't overthink it.

Reactions: CCYAN

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello,

I was just wondering if we apply for a US tourist visa now from India and suppose we are granted one, can we fly to US and then enter Canada by Road or by flight from US to validate our COPR?

Since the only exemption for COPR holders is if we are coming from USA to validate our COPR.

Has anyone tried this or how feasible or even possible is this way? Any help is appreciated @legalfalcon
Thanks

PS - I am aware the US embassy is currently closed in India, and I am considering this situation when the US embassy opens up again.
You have to be a resident of US to fall under the exemption. Some applicants have tried it and done it, but it will depend on a case by case basis, and the officer at the Port of entry can deny you admission.

Reactions: agrawalakshay

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Hi guys, anyone here missed the deadline for the "Do you still want to immigrate e-mail"? My wife and i just found out that it had for some reason gone into the 'spam' folder and that we were supposed to reply to it by April 8. Will they close our application and will we have to restart the entire process? Anybody here who had sent a delayed response but still got request for re-meds/AL etc?

Any help would be appreciated, we are extremely anxious that they will close our application now.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello all, I replied to the do you want to immigrate email on April 7th. No update in profile whatsoever. It’s been 29 days now

I had changed the subject line while responding because the email didn’t say anything about the subject line.

should I reach out?
In my "do you still want..." email IRCC said that I should NOT change the subject line and that if I did then probably it would take longer for them to see my response.