Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Hi All

i just received this email from cpc-ctd-ottawa

the contents of the email are below

Background:

I had received my COPR before 18 mar 20 and had expired in june 2020. since then have sent them about 4-5 webforms about ' ready to travel'. until now I have only received automated replies ( not even the 4 pts or 7 or 8 or any). I thought I will be patient and wait for them to reply.

my latest web form contained a plan to demonstrate my ability to be able to sustain and my future plans.

in my previous form, I had attached
1) Current bank statement
2) screenshots of availability of flights (Mumbai to Toronto) for the next whole month
3) screenshots of availably of an Airbnb for the entire whole month
4) I had even mentioned that I have an international credit card that would let me order groceries/medications online to my airbnb.

I thought I will proactively share my plans to help my application.

I am honestly worried as to what constitutes a "demonstrate an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada including proof of funds and a plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services "

Anyone here who has received an AL and shared a plan that worked, I will be extremely thankful for that. I am extremely worried as it has been so long ( am sure there are many who have been waiting) and there's no end to this.

eagerly waiting for some assistance.

thank you all
god bless
Did you receive an Authorization letter or was your COPR renewd?

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All

i just received this email from cpc-ctd-ottawa

the contents of the email are below

Background:

I had received my COPR before 18 mar 20 and had expired in june 2020. since then have sent them about 4-5 webforms about ' ready to travel'. until now I have only received automated replies ( not even the 4 pts or 7 or 8 or any). I thought I will be patient and wait for them to reply.

my latest web form contained a plan to demonstrate my ability to be able to sustain and my future plans.

in my previous form, I had attached
1) Current bank statement
2) screenshots of availability of flights (Mumbai to Toronto) for the next whole month
3) screenshots of availably of an Airbnb for the entire whole month
4) I had even mentioned that I have an international credit card that would let me order groceries/medications online to my airbnb.

I thought I will proactively share my plans to help my application.

I am honestly worried as to what constitutes a "demonstrate an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada including proof of funds and a plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services "

Anyone here who has received an AL and shared a plan that worked, I will be extremely thankful for that. I am extremely worried as it has been so long ( am sure there are many who have been waiting) and there's no end to this.

eagerly waiting for some assistance.

thank you all
god bless
No your medicals have expired....nothing else

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
India reported 2.95 Lakh cases today.. one upon a time US level cases :(
Still, nothing was stopped for USA and I still do not understand why govt does not look at the population of the countries.
If I am not wrong India's population is 4-5 times more than USA still India has comparatively lesser cases.
Same with Canada, Canada's cases are around 8K/per day but the population is also 40 times lesser than India.

Sad truth but seeing covid nos should not be the only parameter to ban flights. Especially when your country is made up of immigrants.

Newuser2021

Mar 13, 2021
* you must follow the COVID-19 testing requirements that are now in place

*when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying

****all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible

*you should have a confirmed travel plan, or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

Based on the note about family members arriving at the same time, please I hope there are no penalties if we can't all arrive at the same time.

My daughter is presently schooling in another country, I plan to land first while she joins after school, but within the validity of our Visa. (We are a family class sponsorship applicant).

The clause "if possible" seems encouraging. Anyone with more insight will be appreciated.

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Got my AL. Had plans in motion. Was about to reach Canada from India in 20 days. AL expiring in 25 days.

Aaaand they are banning flights from India for 30 days now.

Anyone else, unfortunately, in the same boat now?

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi,

I‘m still trying to figure out the best way to deal with this, without risking any indefinite delay or radio-silence from IRCC.

I’m thinking of raising a webform to seek IRCC’s guidance, and getting the passport extended after the re-medicals. Subsequently I’ll share the latest passport details with them.

Hope this helps.

What are your plans?
All the best
Alright. That seems like a good plan. We were thinking of the same too. Right now waiting for remedical request.
Good luck. Pls keep us posted.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Still, nothing was stopped for USA and I still do not understand why govt does not look at the population of the countries.
If I am not wrong India's population is 4-5 times more than USA still India has comparatively lesser cases.
Same with Canada, Canada's cases are around 8K/per day but the population is also 40 times lesser than India.

Sad truth but seeing covid nos should not be the only parameter to ban flights. Especially when your country is made up of immigrants.
There's certainly some politics involved.

India's test penetration is also around one seventh that of the US and it's fairly widely accepted that reported cases are significantly understated.

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/covid-19-cases-india-underreported-over-20-million-study-says

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020

akhan101

Jan 31, 2019
You have not indicated whether you're exempt from travel restrictions or not, or if you are from a visa exempt country. If the first condition is correct, even though inconvenient, the best course of action is to travel and stablish residency. If you are not exempt from travel restrictions; however, your CoPR will expire, and you should await new instructions from IRCC. (If your medical and visa also expire, you will receive either a medical extension or remed request, and new PPR in time)
On the other hand, If you are from a visa exempt country, IRCC might extend your CoPR.
I'm from a visa exempt country and currently residing in USA.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
I'm from a visa exempt country and currently residing in USA.
Just cross the border and establish residency before your CoPR expires; it'll save you a lot of headaches later on. If you cross the land border, you won't be required to go through the 3-day hotel quarantine, saving you a lot of money. Read through the quarantine requirement, prepare for it, do your PCR test, and just DO IT.

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, I need advice regarding email from ircc " still want to immigrate". I got email saying reply within 10 days or close the application. I opt to say yes,

Now my question is if they send medicals and then new Copr will I will allow to go to canada asap as my old copr is pre mar 18 or back of the line as rest of the new Copr's

Reactions: BillyWescott

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi, I need advice regarding email from ircc " still want to immigrate". I got email saying reply within 10 days or close the application. I opt to say yes,

Now my question is if they send medicals and then new Copr will I will allow to go to canada asap as my old copr is pre mar 18 or back of the line as rest of the new Copr's
It must've said in the email that your new copr will be annotated to reflect that you are a pre march 2020 approved applicant and thus you are exempt from travel restrictions.

So, u should be able to go right away..