+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
@CNP

Hi CNP,

I understand that perhaps you have got your remedicals done from Max Lajpat Nagar.

If so, can you kindly confirm the following:

1. Was it reasonably safe wrt social distancing and no. of patients, etc?
2. Since Delhi is currently under lockdown, did you have to apply for e-pass or only the appointment sms was sufficient to show the cops, if required?

Any other pointer/suggestion please, as I am also planning to visit the same centre in next few days.

Many thanks in advance
- JP
Hey JP
We visited max lajpat nagar today and no you don’t need any e pass, no one asked us anything we were able to reach there on time

people were in large numbers there probably for their meds as well and everyone was wearing double triple masks. For safety we had worn gloves shield etc. However they do ask to remove the mask etc for pictures . So far so good

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hello Friends,

Mine is a pre-18 March 2020, FSW-O case, and my CoPR expired last year.

Now I have received the “Do you still wan to immigrate...” mail, which I replied in positive.
Now I have been asked to do re-medicals.

My spouse’s passport is getting expired in 5 months time.
I am hoping that if this is an issue, IRCC would let me know accordingly and will perhaps ask me to get it extended.

However I am concerned that when IRCC issues me a new CoPR, it’s validity may get restricted only for next 5 months or so, unless I get the passport extended now.

Any suggestions or pointers as to the best way to manage this issue, as given a choice, I wouldn’t want to visit the Passport office due to the current COVID situation.

Thanks.
Passports should be valid for the following year at the time of counterfoil issuance, otherwise, your passport will be returned to you without the visa and CoPR (your case, so you should renew your passport). After receiving the visa there is no rule regarding the validity of your passport as long as it's actually valid, meaning even if you have 2 days* left till the expiration of your visa and/or your passport, you can still travel to Canada (if you have an immigrant visa, there is no 6-months rule like UK, Qatar, Turkey, etc. at this moment)

*I said 2 days because your journey will probably take more than a day, and your documents should be valid when you land/cross the border.

Reactions: Jpsingh77

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hello Friends,

Mine is a pre-18 March 2020, FSW-O case, and my CoPR expired last year.

Now I have received the “Do you still wan to immigrate...” mail, which I replied in positive.
Now I have been asked to do re-medicals.

My spouse’s passport is getting expired in 5 months time.
I am hoping that if this is an issue, IRCC would let me know accordingly and will perhaps ask me to get it extended.

However I am concerned that when IRCC issues me a new CoPR, it’s validity may get restricted only for next 5 months or so, unless I get the passport extended now.

Any suggestions or pointers as to the best way to manage this issue, as given a choice, I wouldn’t want to visit the Passport office due to the current COVID situation.

Thanks.
could you clarify what your timeline is? when did you get the "sitll want to immigrate" email, when did you reply and when did you get the medicals request. Just trying to get a sense of what ircc's timeline is rn.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Congratulations @sunkilmoon ! Bold of you to try it that way !

Did you have to go through the land border ? Or you could have taken a flight too ?
Did you have to stay any duration in US at all ? Did they ask you at the border how long you were in US ?

My temporary visa in Australia is running out and I'm wondering if I should try something like this too...
I wanted to go through the land border to avoid hotel quarantine. Also, I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to board the plane in the US to fly to Canada, probably would but you never know these days. I took a PCR test before going to the border (tests for travel purposes are free in the US to everyone). There is no mandatory quarantine when you arrive in the US. They only recommend self-isolation, but nobody checks on you. I could go directly to the US/Canada border but I wanted to visit friends and go on a road trip to see stuff I haven't seen in the US. I stayed over 2 weeks in the US. I know someone who flew into Seattle, took a covid test and went straight to the border. They also faced zero problems. So you don't have to spend a specific amount of time in the US.
At the border, they asked what I was doing and all, and I told them exactly what I was doing. Said it was the only way for me to land in Canada and activate my PR. That I flew to Mexico, then over to the US and then here I was at the border. My advice is: always tell the truth. There's nothing wrong in doing it the way I did it. Call it a loophole or whatever but it's all legit and legal.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hey JP
We visited max lajpat nagar today and no you don’t need any e pass, no one asked us anything we were able to reach there on time

people were in large numbers there probably for their meds as well and everyone was wearing double triple masks. For safety we had worn gloves shield etc. However they do ask to remove the mask etc for pictures . So far so good
Did you have a child with you? How much time you had to remove the mask for?

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Hello Guys, Need some urgent advice. I just received my re-medical request in the CIC portal. However, 3 months back I was visiting India (I live in US) and got the up-front medical done while I was there as that seems like the right thing to do.

Now, I got the re-medical request with the IME number. Is there anyway I can use my up-front medical done in India (it's not expired for sure) for this request? Btw, this medical was done before we start seeing "Do not get upfront medical done.." popping up in emails so I had no idea this would happen.
Please advice.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello Guys, Need some urgent advice. I just received my re-medical request in the CIC portal. However, 3 months back I was visiting India (I live in US) and got the up-front medical done while I was there as that seems like the right thing to do.

Now, I got the re-medical request with the IME number. Is there anyway I can use my up-front medical done in India (it's not expired for sure) for this request? Btw, this medical was done before we start seeing "Do not get upfront medical done.." popping up in emails so I had no idea this would happen.
Please advice.
Disclaimer : follow my advice at your own risk

Respond to the email with UMI number and attach the receipt they gave you
In parallel, submit a webform

They may consider your medicals. Wait for a week or two and then get your meds done.

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hey JP

Thanks for sharing your experience.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
These are not good signs. People with ALs or planning to travel in near future should travel asap before things go in limbo again.
Yea .. I hope we, people in India start getting vaccinated and cases go down soon

Its weird that even US has advised its residents not to travel to India.

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Your spouse needs to get a new passport, remember you must have a validity of 6months on a passport before Visa would be issued, better now so that further delays won't be your fault!!
Got it... thanks.
So once I get the new passport, I need to update IRCC through the web form. Right?
Can that result in further delays, as they can be very slow in responding to webforms.

Reactions: TripleE01

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Passports should be valid for the following year at the time of counterfoil issuance, otherwise, your passport will be returned to you without the visa and CoPR (your case, so you should renew your passport). After receiving the visa there is no rule regarding the validity of your passport as long as it's actually valid, meaning even if you have 2 days* left till the expiration of your visa and/or your passport, you can still travel to Canada (if you have an immigrant visa, there is no 6-months rule like UK, Qatar, Turkey, etc. at this moment)

*I said 2 days because your journey will probably take more than a day, and your documents should be valid when you land/cross the border.
@Armank90

Thanks for your detailed response.
Can you pls clarify what exactly you mean by “...following year“?