+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
There is lockdown in Ontario till end of April due to third wave of CoVID. It's too early to predict anything like that. The borders might remain closed but they could (Federal govt and not IRCC) ease out the restrictions a bit in near future.
Thanks for the update. Any chance of letting all valid COPR holders in by that time irrespective of the issuance date?

Reactions: nedaa

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Received a message in my gc acct with subject 'other'. I couldn't open it so i called the ircc and told me that they gonna send it to my email. I asked them if they can send it today and the agent said in the next few days will have to wait. Unbelievable! Just to resend the message it will take them days to do that! ..

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Can anyone clear my doubt.
Me and my family are exempted travelers. Pre March 18 expired Copr holder. Visa expired on June 2020. On March 10th 2021 we got a remedical request and it got updated on our profile on March 18th after that no movement in my profile. In case me my family gets a ppr request will we come under the exempted travelers? After getting again a new visa do we AL to travel?
Hi I am also same situation , my family done there medical on nov 18 2020 after that no response , on March 3rd 2021 I received options email . After that no updated. Probably we will receive a ppr soon. If you got any update plz let me know . I will let you know any update happens in account.
Thanks

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thanks for the update. Any chance of letting all valid COPR holders in by that time irrespective of the issuance date?
Too early to say anything. Please do not anticipate stuff. I do not think they are going to open it. They just offered 90k PRs to CEC applicants(workers and international students).
Keep calm and have patience.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Absolutely not. Being unable is very different than being unwilling due to the fear of contracting COVID. Being unable means designated hospitals/clinics do not provide these kind of services at this moment, or if curfew has been declared and one is literally unable to visit a hospital. Otherwise there is no choice but to do what IRCC has asked. I'd say go for the examination but be extra careful (use two masks, etc.). I'm not sure about india, but if hospitals are closed or these kinds of services are not provided at this time; then, you're correct.
Read notices or ask for sources before hitting others with your "Absolutely not" hammer. The rest of your comment seems moot.

Quoting from the notice -
IMPORTANT: You should not travel to another city or country to obtain the required supporting documents. As long as you provide a reasonable explanation of how you’ve been affected by a COVID‑19-related disruption by the deadline, IRCC will extend that deadline for an additional 30 days.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html

@Jpsingh77 let me know if you need further information.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Received a message in my gc acct with subject 'other'. I couldn't open it so i called the ircc and told me that they gonna send it to my email. I asked them if they can send it today and the agent said in the next few days will have to wait. Unbelievable! Just to resend the message it will take them days to do that! ..
They are call center people its not as simple as resending an email.

Try emailing your VO. That can help.

Also, this appears to be a technical issue. There is an email somewhere for technical issues. You can try emailing on that.

Before all of above, can you try opening your account in Incognito/private browsing or clear cache cookies etc. and then try opening the document?

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Read notices or ask for sources before hitting others with your "Absolutely not" hammer. The rest of your comment seems moot.

Quoting from the notice -
IMPORTANT: You should not travel to another city or country to obtain the required supporting documents. As long as you provide a reasonable explanation of how you’ve been affected by a COVID‑19-related disruption by the deadline, IRCC will extend that deadline for an additional 30 days.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html

@Jpsingh77 let me know if you need further information.
Dude, you'll get others into trouble. The link you provided clearly states extension will be given to people who are UNABLE to provide documents due to covid DISRUPTION. By obtaining supporting documents they mean PCC and whatnot from another country (which is impossible due to travel restrictions around the world) not the medical examination in your city. If you have been asked to do remedicals you should do it asap unless you are UNABLE due to covid DISRUPTION. Asking for extension because one is afraid of going to hospital and undergo medical examination is by no means reasonable. Read the instructions more carefully.

Reactions: Jpsingh77

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
Hey Guys,

I took a look at the "Find out if you can enter Canada" again a few days ago, and I noticed this:

To the question "How do you plan on entering Canada?", I see the option :
"from the United States (including connections, so long as you enter Canada from the U.S.) "

Is that new ?
I feel like before it was talking about being US citizen or resident, but now there's nothing about that. I don't remember any mention of connections before... Can't say for sure though.

Then the result is:

"You indicated that you are:

• a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.

You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently."

Does that mean we can just take a flight to Canada that includes a connection to US and we're good to go ?? It seems too good to be true...

Also, I was wondering if having a COPR (post march) and Canadian work contract can be enough to be allowed in ? Without having to go through the work permit process ?

Any opinion on the above @legalfalcon ?

Thanks

Reactions: Armank90

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Dude, you'll get others into trouble. The link you provided clearly states extension will be given to people who are UNABLE to provide documents due to covid DISRUPTION. By obtaining supporting documents they mean PCC and whatnot from another country (which is impossible due to travel restrictions around the world) not the medical examination in your city. If you have been asked to do remedicals you should do it asap unless you are UNABLE due to covid DISRUPTION. Asking for extension because one is afraid of going to hospital and undergo medical examination is by no means reasonable. Read the instructions more carefully.
So remedical is not a supporting document? haha

Don't ignore the line "You should not travel to another city or country to obtain the required supporting documents." when comprehending the notice

Also, look up the meaning of disruption..

Further I never stated that people should not try to get their medicals done..

Your post shows you are going to look at any text partially and derive the meaning you want to..

Anyways, I have had enough.. Well, I won't be responding to your posts anymore because I won't be able to see them :)

ciao

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hey Guys,

I took a look at the "Find out if you can enter Canada" again a few days ago, and I noticed this:

To the question "How do you plan on entering Canada?", I see the option :
"from the United States (including connections, so long as you enter Canada from the U.S.) "

Is that new ?
I feel like before it was talking about being US citizen or resident, but now there's nothing about that. I don't remember any mention of connections before... Can't say for sure though.

Then the result is:

"You indicated that you are:

• a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.

You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently."

Does that mean we can just take a flight to Canada that includes a connection to US and we're good to go ?? It seems too good to be true...

Also, I was wondering if having a COPR (post march) and Canadian work contract can be enough to be allowed in ? Without having to go through the work permit process ?

Any opinion on the above @legalfalcon ?

Thanks
This is new! But it also states 'This answer does not guarantee entry into Canada'. There's another problem, you probably won't be allowed to board the plane in the first place. But I think you're correct; this is new! I think it said 'connection flights do not count' before! Good observation!

Reactions: keisersausey

keisersausey

Jul 14, 2020
I think even before COVID, if you have a COPR, they would still say it does not guarantee entry into Canada, just because they always leave the final decision to the border agents. I might be wrong though...

Reactions: BillyWescott