+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey Guys, I need your suggestion on taking the next step. @legalfalcon @whyCorona

So IRCC asked me to do Remedicals and they have updated my GC by removing the old counterfoils and sending me an IME form.
But, I had done my upfront re-medicals in Dec 2020, which havent been updated by IRCC. And they have mentioned in the yesterdays email as a Side note- as below

"Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead to you spending more money on a new IME later on. You must take your new medical forms with you when you go for your medical examination(s)."

This got me confusing now. Now, The Medical centre where i got my up-front remeds done, said they cant do another one until the latest one validity expires. And they asked me to email IRCC to merge my new UMI to the current given IME form.

What do you suggest i do?.
In this thread some have done remeds twice one proactive and other one after IME letter. Since IRCC has clearly mentioned not to do remeds without notification from them then I would advice you to do it again with IME letter. Call your medical center again and tell them that you have IME letter and need to redo the meds. Simple as that. If you say that you have done meds few days back and want to do again then they will surely reject it. Not sure if your hospital can upload the same meds again with the IME letter.

S_D_S

Mar 21, 2021
Exactly! It's so frustrating. The strange part is that I've been responding to their 4-pt emails and raising so many RTT webforms. The email is worded as if I've been silent for over a year.

Based on my reply they're going to "re-assess my application and determine whether I continue to meet the requirements to be issued a Permanent Resident Visa". This part sounds a bit ominous coz I hope they don't re-evaluate right from the CRS score.

Fingers crossed on getting a medical request soon!

Based on Canada.ca website they evaluate 1) medicals, 2) PCC, and 3) passports.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Since medicals were expired, they might ask for new one or may extend the existing one for short time. This is my opinion.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
In this thread some have done remeds twice one proactive and other one after IME letter. Since IRCC has clearly mentioned not to do remeds without notification from them then I would advice you to do it again with IME letter. Call your medical center again and tell them that you have IME letter and need to redo the meds. Simple as that. If you say that you have done meds few days back and want to do again then they will surely reject it. Not sure if your hospital can upload the same meds again with the IME letter.
Yeah, the problem seems to lie with medical centre. Ibe done upfront meds in dec 2020.but they are refusing to do one again now, even with a IME letter

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yeah, the problem seems to lie with medical centre. Ibe done upfront meds in dec 2020.but they are refusing to do one again now, even with a IME letter
Check with some other medical centre. To save money, if you have a family then you can ask IRCC to link your meds with the recent meds you did. But it might delay the process or maybe not. No guarantees.

IMO, with third wave coming and some parts of Ontario (where I am right now) are gone to Red zone from Orange, IRCC might not be in mood of processing the applications on priority which are not done as per process defined by them.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Ok great - so what stage is your now "new assessment" at? Have you received any updates since the remed acknwledgement ? Also could you please share when did you go for your remed and your VO please?
I am currently in canada and family still outside canada. We applied for PR outside Canada then few mos after got my work permit. My family have done their remed back Nov.2020, sent the emdical sheet via webform and got an acknowledge 2 weeks after. No updates since, no changes in gc acct. So i emailed my VO just to make a follow up and i mentioned that my family are done with remed. I guess they dont track applicants who underwent remeds as they've asked me to send the e-medical sheet. Few days after, our counterfoils details have been deleted, and 2 weeks after received an email from my VO with new medical validity date for my family but no changes in my gc key acct yet.

Thay said They've forwarded my case to in Canada office and Once Im landed, they're gonna ask for my family's passport

LK009_LRE

May 30, 2019
Hi I'm from Sri Lanka with an expired COPR (issued before Mar 18 2020 and expired in July 2020) Just wondering has IRCC contacted anyone with expired COPRS to see whether they are ok to travel to Canada now?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi I'm from Sri Lanka with an expired COPR (issued before Mar 18 2020 and expired in July 2020) Just wondering has IRCC contacted anyone with expired COPRS to see whether they are ok to travel to Canada now?
Yep. Issued before March 18 2020 and expired November 2020.

I was contacted last week to re do medicals. Told them I am not ready to travel and wished to extend my COPR. Will be doing the medicals tomorrow.

PS Due to my passport type, I do not require visa foil. Hopefully no too much stress