+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what happens if, when asked by them, we tell IRCC we are not ready to travel within the 60 days? Do they permanently close our file?

I quit my job in November but I can't stay without any income forever, so I just accepted a new job. Ideally I'd like to work until July/August and come to Canada in September to go to university there. Do you know of a way to delay one's PR landing?

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hey, were you able to book the hotel for those 3 days? And how have you planned ypur quarantine for the remaining days?
I am flying on mar 16th and had booked airbnb for 14 days, then this 3 days mandatory stay came into the picture and i have now moved my airbnb stay to 3 days later however haven't booked the hotel yet. Not sure, what do i do, as I have tried calling the toll free number and was on hold for hours. I saw it on IRCC website somewhere that some hotels are allowing online booking for this stay however when i visit their site, it shows the regular per night amount. Not sure wot to do.
I will be grateful if anyone can suggest anything here @whyCorona
Thanks
U have enough time to book a hotel don't worry! Almost 2 weeks till 16th!
I gonna stay at my own place. But still gotta go for 3 days of mandatory quarantine.

I was wondering if we have to pay for covid tests ? - I read somewhere: You should pay for the test. But, I don't remember where and when..
So should we pay for this too or as long as we book a hotel we're good to go.

Last edited:

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
hey all, waiting for next updates from IRCC as well. COPR issued before March 2020 and expired in September 2020. Haven't received any update whatsoever from IRCC about our application.

Note that we had reached out to them in June via webform and let them know that we won't be able to travel in September.

Any folks in the same situation?
I'm in the same situation

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi all, I'm in a tough situation right now. My CoPR expired last year as I did not travel due to the pandemic. After waiting tirelessly for IRCC's next steps to travel, I decided to not postpone my wedding further, and got married a month ago.

On creating Web Form requests, the responses have been very vague. I was told that they would not be able to add my spouse since my application has already been approved. However, I did interact with a couple of folks who are in a similar situation with an expired CoPR, and were asked to submit documents for the spouse.

Now, I have been asked to add my spouse through the spousal sponsorship program. The thing that makes all of this complicated is, I am yet to complete my landing (with my expired CoPR) to be officially termed as a PR. From what I understand, the spousal sponsorship route requires the primary applicant to be present in Canada.

What options do I have? I would highly appreciate your advice.

mrs.Saifee

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi all, I'm in a tough situation right now. My CoPR expired last year as I did not travel due to the pandemic. After waiting tirelessly for IRCC's next steps to travel, I decided to not postpone my wedding further, and got married a month ago.

On creating Web Form requests, the responses have been very vague. I was told that they would not be able to add my spouse since my application has already been approved. However, I did interact with a couple of folks who are in a similar situation with an expired CoPR, and were asked to submit documents for the spouse.

Now, I have been asked to add my spouse through the spousal sponsorship program. The thing that makes all of this complicated is, I am yet to complete my landing (with my expired CoPR) to be officially termed as a PR. From what I understand, the spousal sponsorship route requires the primary applicant to be present in Canada.

What options do I have? I would highly appreciate your advice.
Did ircc asked you to apply for spousal sponsorship

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi everyone,
Any one got a Authorization Letter this week , after the re Medical’s plz share the information. Thank you in advance.
My cause November 18 2020 re Medical’s done till now no update.

Manaloto

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
My vo is manila..
Hi,

same here vo manila. Can you share you timeline in hetring your AL? Meand my family have valid visa copr csq..that will expire on june..we are only waiting for our AL that was sent last jan15....pleaseshare...thanks

Reactions: Ajourney

Okumeh

Nov 7, 2019
Good morning all. I have my COPR and visa.It will expire next month. I want to know
If I need any letter to travel with in case I decide to travel before it expires . Please help explain what I need to do considering the travel restrictions and quarantine.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Good morning all. I have my COPR and visa.It will expire next month. I want to know
If I need any letter to travel with in case I decide to travel before it expires . Please help explain what I need to do considering the travel restrictions and quarantine.
If your COPR was issued before 18th March 2020, you're free to travel. Otherwise, you need an authorization letter.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
can I get AL if I have a job offer please help.
Ideally, your company's immigration lawyers should help you obtain the AL. If they're not able to help, then you can try writing to IRCC. If the job is considered essential, they usually give you an AL. Some people on this thread have been successful with their AL requests.

MrMiyagi

Dec 16, 2020
Ideally, your company's immigration lawyers should help you obtain the AL. If they're not able to help, then you can try writing to IRCC. If the job is considered essential, they usually give you an AL. Some people on this thread have been successful with their AL requests.
My COPR was issued after MArch 2020. I have a job offer from my employer in india for a canada position. I called up IRCC and they told me COPR can not travel. Ask your employer to file a work permit.