+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thank you for this! I went to a currency exchange this morning and didn't expect that they have to actually order CAD that will take a week, which I don't have. The money doesn't have to be in CAD, right?
I think you are asking for carrying the money with you for your use. It can be any currency, just make sure you know it Canadian value.
From which country are you flying from?
Also, try forex card. It is faster and cheaper in India.

Reactions: nrthstr1202

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi there... I have read here that if you have a extended family member in Canada then somehow you are allowed to enter in Canada.
Here is my case.. I have COPR which is expired in last July and was issued before 18 March. My brother is living in Canada who is a citizen there.. What are my possibilities here.. How can i proceeds..? If somebody can guide me.. I will very thankful
Try applying under extended family member category. If you are approved then they will issue you an AL. All the procedure is given on CIC site.

Reactions: adiljaved88

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Do you remember what the job offer was about ? I might get a transfer from my company to Canada and I was wondering if I have the job offer in hand and send it to my VO, will this help me to get AL

I have CoPR and as explained just above, I might be transferred, I work in Energy (oil and gas) and part of my job is to check wells integrity (computer based not physically), I believe I fall under those exemptions but I don't want to take a risk as I have my son and wife traveling with me . I called CBSA they gave me a maybe answer

If anyone has a thought on this, it would be really helpful
How to you call CBSA?

edc7891

Feb 15, 2021
Hi there, im new to this forum and just want to let everybody know that this forum has helped me in many ways. Thank you

My spouse refceived her COPR in October 22, 2020 with an valid date to March 31. 2021.. that date is approaching and i have been searching the forum and wondering if someone can help me answer a couple questions regarding arrival during covid..

As you all may know we are still in a midst of a lockdown in some regions of the country and cases are still reasonably high. I was wondering if my spouse decided to come after the expiry date, is this possible? I have been reading about a AL (Arrival Letter?), is this issued for people that have their COPR expired? And does everyone get this? Can my spouse still arrive with the AL afterwards? We are just concerned about flying internationally during these uncertain times and wondering has anyone successfully extended their COPR or what can we do to extend this?

Thank you in advance to everyone replying.

rev3

Feb 14, 2021
If you are flying you may need to quarantine for 3day in hotel as per new rule starting from Feb 22. Just check it as you will be flying from USA, rules may be different.
Also, I don't have an AL yet as my CoPR hasn't expired. What would be a safer option here? Travelling by air or land?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Also, I don't have an AL yet as my CoPR hasn't expired. What would be a safer option here? Travelling by air or land?
I am not well aware of the rules for COPR holders from USA. Please check that you really need an AL or not.
As per current rules and regulations its better to travel by road as you can avoid 3-day hotel quarantine(starting from feb 22). You only need covid negative report to travel.

Sidunreal316

Sep 18, 2017
Hello Guys,
Need help.
I have AL and I booked the ticket with British airways transiting through London to Toronto this month. Is there any problems will face with airline. Any one landed in Toronto with British airways. Can you please help me on this.
Thank you
Dont take BA. They wont allow transition from London to Toronto. Will be allowed only if you have a canadian passport. Thats what the Customer service told me.

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Is anyone facing trouble in reaching out to the IRCC at +1 888 242 2100?

Upon dialling, I type the option for existing applications - PR applications - then dial in my application#. It says my call will be transferred to an agent, however; later it says all agents are busy and then hang up. I am facing this trouble for the past 10 days. Earlier they used to put me in the queue and I was able to talk after a long wait.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi anyone in the same boat as i am wo received extension on Jan 7 till feb 27 and still haven't received any AL? :/