AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Currently I am. Unable to login in my CIC account. When I press the login button in the next page it gives me following error:
"Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mycic/gccf.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
Is there anybody facing the same issue?
Today I faced the same problem

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Thank you for sharing about your interaction with IRCC, my VO is also New Delhi, perhaps they are working on expediting the backlog (atleast that's what I hope for).
Can you please tell me what number I should call ? Mine expired last year on May 15th and I never got any response from IRCC. I also applied from India , so VO is Delhi.

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I am flying to Canada on 22nd Feb. I will be landing in Vancouver. Bt my destination place is Edmonton. Bt as per this new rule, will I have to stay in hotel in Vancouver?
I have already booked the domestic tickets for Edmonton from Vancouver.
Do you have an authorization letter or family members in Canada ?

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
As of now IRCC will be contacting the expired CoPR holders. Once they contact you after that you can follow up with them regarding your CoPR extension or AL.

If you are post 18th March case then you should contact your Visa Office regarding your readiness of travel with proofs such as proposed quarantine stay and all. Don't book anything but give them your idea about your plans for settlement in Canada.

PS: There is a person in this thread (post 18th March) who got AL based on the job offer in Canada.
Do you remember what the job offer was about ? I might get a transfer from my company to Canada and I was wondering if I have the job offer in hand and send it to my VO, will this help me to get AL
If you have a job offer and is in exempted list, they do not need AL to travel. Keep your work related paper work ready.
I have CoPR and as explained just above, I might be transferred, I work in Energy (oil and gas) and part of my job is to check wells integrity (computer based not physically), I believe I fall under those exemptions but I don't want to take a risk as I have my son and wife traveling with me . I called CBSA they gave me a maybe answer

If anyone has a thought on this, it would be really helpful

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hi
I want to clarify something. I filled in the questionnaire on the CIC website regarding if i can travel to Canada. It says it is possible to travel but must be sponsored by an immediate family member. What does this mean?
Are they referring to the exemption?

You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon EST
To be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently.

You will likely be allowed to enter Canada if you meet these requirements; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi
I want to clarify something. I filled in the questionnaire on the CIC website regarding if i can travel to Canada. It says it is possible to travel but must be sponsored by an immediate family member. What does this mean?
Are they referring to the exemption?

You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon EST
To be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently.

You will likely be allowed to enter Canada if you meet these requirements; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.
Either sponsored by an immediate family member or have an extended family member

Reactions: Rowsp

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@whyCorona:
Note: It's all from my concern and doesn't want my CoPR to be expired I am asking my concern.I know here several people, who are waiting for AL and no response from IRCC after CoPR expiry.

" My CoPR expiry is June 20, 2021.Will the travel resistrictions be lifted then.Will we know any updates Feb 22.We haven't booked any tickets.I know it's an open ended questions,but still like to hear the possibility.
Also, is there a chance that we can ask for a CoPR extension before it's expiry, stating due to travel resistrictions, we can't travel now. Or we have to wait for any instructions from IRCC post expiry."

Your suitable/advice are requested and it will be helpful.

Advance,
Thanks.
June is so far away. Just pray that after 22nd Feb 2021 Canada should not experience any third wave of virus. With new measures of hotel quarantine I believe chances are high that they are gonna ease out the travel restrictions.

I would suggest to wait for any good news after 22nd Feb 2021 and plan your travel accordingly.

It's too early for you to think about CoPR expiry and actions to do for CoPR extension.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
June is so far away. Just pray that after 22nd Feb 2021 Canada should not experience any third wave of virus. With new measures of hotel quarantine I believe chances are high that they are gonna ease out the travel restrictions.

I would suggest to wait for any good news after 22nd Feb 2021 and plan your travel accordingly.

It's too early for you to think about CoPR expiry and actions to do for CoPR extension.
I really hope y'all are right that we might hear big news on Feb 22/23. But that hotel quarantine thing is BS. Paying "more than $2000" for a three day quarantine?No way I'm getting ripped off like that. It's just nuts.

Reactions: Klaverveld

kichoooo22

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019

Thanks for your kind response and understanding the concern. The response keeps the hope high. Hope feb 22 onwards travel resistrictions will be eased.
Once again thanks.