+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
Hello all. Landing in a few days at Vancouver from the US after many months of waiting for an AL. Do we need to carry a certain amount of cash on landing? Or do we just show proof of funds from a recent bank statement from our country of residence like what we did for our EE application?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi, my husband and I are residing currently in USA and have received our CoPR in Oct 2020. Our CoPR expires in March 2021 and we're planning to move to Vancouver permanently as I've been offered an IT job there, for which I need to join/onboard from March 2021. Please suggest what would be the chances that we'll be permitted to enter Canada in another 2 weeks? We will be taking a covid test before travelling and have a quarantine plan in place.
If you are flying you may need to quarantine for 3day in hotel as per new rule starting from Feb 22. Just check it as you will be flying from USA, rules may be different.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello all. Landing in a few days at Vancouver from the US after many months of waiting for an AL. Do we need to carry a certain amount of cash on landing? Or do we just show proof of funds from a recent bank statement from our country of residence like what we did for our EE application?
No one is asking for any POFs now. You can carry normal bank statements in case you want to keep POFs.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I am flying to Canada on 22nd Feb. I will be landing in Vancouver. Bt my destination place is Edmonton. Bt as per this new rule, will I have to stay in hotel in Vancouver?
I have already booked the domestic tickets for Edmonton from Vancouver.
Yes, as per new rule but full procedure will be out on Feb 18.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Not required. No one asked for it. You can carry the money for your expense and on safer side carry a normal bank statement.

Last edited:

melanie123

Jan 16, 2014
If you have a job offer and is in exempted list, they do not need AL to travel. Keep your work related paper work ready.

pls dont travel if u only have job offer but no AL. theyll only accept essential worker if u have work visa. if ur coming in with immigrant visa, ul have to either have AL or relatives.

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Hi there... I have read here that if you have a extended family member in Canada then somehow you are allowed to enter in Canada.
Here is my case.. I have COPR which is expired in last July and was issued before 18 March. My brother is living in Canada who is a citizen there.. What are my possibilities here.. How can i proceeds..? If somebody can guide me.. I will very thankful

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
Not required. No one asked for it. You can carry the money for your expense and on safer side carry a normal bank statement.
Thank you for this! I went to a currency exchange this morning and didn't expect that they have to actually order CAD that will take a week, which I don't have. The money doesn't have to be in CAD, right?

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Reactions: adiljaved88