+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hi
Even my Copr expired on June 2020 and medical on August 2020. I have not got any updates yet. I called thrice to ircc asking whether I can get an upfront medical. But they said is to wait and be patient. Hoping to hear something soon. My VO is New Delhi. What about yours?
Thank you for sharing about your interaction with IRCC, my VO is also New Delhi, perhaps they are working on expediting the backlog (atleast that's what I hope for).

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Hi,

I have a valid COPR issued after March 2020, and a valid America visit visa. Now I am supposed to visit America to visit my brother in late February for a week, can I fly from there to Canada to permanently settle?

I am asking because on https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start it says:

"from the United States (including connections, so long as you enter Canada from the U.S.)"
I know one person who was able to land successfully. It was a connecting flight in usa

rev3

Feb 14, 2021
Hi, my husband and I are residing currently in USA and have received our CoPR in Oct 2020. Our CoPR expires in March 2021 and we're planning to move to Vancouver permanently as I've been offered an IT job there, for which I need to join/onboard from March 2021. Please suggest what would be the chances that we'll be permitted to enter Canada in another 2 weeks? We will be taking a covid test before travelling and have a quarantine plan in place.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Hi, my husband and I are residing currently in USA and have received our CoPR in Oct 2020. Our CoPR expires in March 2021 and we're planning to move to Vancouver permanently as I've been offered an IT job there, for which I need to join/onboard from March 2021. Please suggest what would be the chances that we'll be permitted to enter Canada in another 2 weeks? We will be taking a covid test before travelling and have a quarantine plan in place.
US residents are not subject to travel restrictions if you land and settle permanently.

Reactions: rev3

kichoooo22

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
@whyCorona:
Note: It's all from my concern and doesn't want my CoPR to be expired I am asking my concern.I know here several people, who are waiting for AL and no response from IRCC after CoPR expiry.

" My CoPR expiry is June 20, 2021.Will the travel resistrictions be lifted then.Will we know any updates Feb 22.We haven't booked any tickets.I know it's an open ended questions,but still like to hear the possibility.
Also, is there a chance that we can ask for a CoPR extension before it's expiry, stating due to travel resistrictions, we can't travel now. Or we have to wait for any instructions from IRCC post expiry."

Your suitable/advice are requested and it will be helpful.

Advance,
Thanks.

Reactions: Klaverveld

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Don't worry you gonna hear from IRCC soon as new travel measures are put in place after 22 February 2021. IRCC is having a long vision as processing of these ITAs gonna take another 1 year or so. The next couple of months should be dedicated to CoPR holders (expired or valid)

Just try to follow up with your VO for processing of your application.
Let's hope you are right!!

Reactions: kichoooo22

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hi,

Just a quick check if anybody is online....is the GC Key login showing 502 proxy server error? Been in this situation since last night

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I am flying to Canada on 22nd Feb. I will be landing in Vancouver. Bt my destination place is Edmonton. Bt as per this new rule, will I have to stay in hotel in Vancouver?
I have already booked the domestic tickets for Edmonton from Vancouver.

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Currently I am. Unable to login in my CIC account. When I press the login button in the next page it gives me following error:
"Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mycic/gccf.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
Is there anybody facing the same issue?