17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Everyone,

I have a question and would appreciate it if anyone can help me. I started my education online in India at a Canadian university in Sept 2020. I have been waiting for a COPR extension for the past 8 months (counterfoil expiry pre 18 march). It is very important for me to travel to Canada to continue my education. Can I apply for a student visa in this situation?

@legalfalcon please advise.
With a cOPR you cannot currently travel unless you are exempt from travel restrictions or have an authorisation. You can write to IRCC and inform them that you have been admitted into the university and that you should be exempt and allowed to travel. However, whether this request is acknowledged is at the discretion or IRCC.

YEs, you can apply for a student visa.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Can someone tell me why the F is IRCC sending ITAs with a CRS score threshold of 75 when there are thousands of expired COPR holders who are waiting God knows what for a simple authorization letter?
Don't worry you gonna hear from IRCC soon as new travel measures are put in place after 22 February 2021. IRCC is having a long vision as processing of these ITAs gonna take another 1 year or so. The next couple of months should be dedicated to CoPR holders (expired or valid)

Just try to follow up with your VO for processing of your application.

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Don't worry you gonna hear from IRCC soon as new travel measures are put in place after 22 February 2021. IRCC is having a long vision as processing of these ITAs gonna take another 1 year or so. The next couple of months should be dedicated to CoPR holders (expired or valid)

I have a post March 18 copr and still valid
How can I get an authorization letter ?

Do I send to ircc directly or to my visa office ? And what should I tell them ?

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi
I have a small query, my medical expired on 23rd August 2020 and I still have not heard from them, so should I proceed with getting upfront medicals or should I wait?
Hi
Even my Copr expired on June 2020 and medical on August 2020. I have not got any updates yet. I called thrice to ircc asking whether I can get an upfront medical. But they said is to wait and be patient. Hoping to hear something soon. My VO is New Delhi. What about yours?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have a post March 18 copr and still valid
How can I get an authorization letter ?

Do I send to ircc directly or to my visa office ? And what should I tell them ?
As of now IRCC will be contacting the expired CoPR holders. Once they contact you after that you can follow up with them regarding your CoPR extension or AL.

If you are post 18th March case then you should contact your Visa Office regarding your readiness of travel with proofs such as proposed quarantine stay and all. Don't book anything but give them your idea about your plans for settlement in Canada.

PS: There is a person in this thread (post 18th March) who got AL based on the job offer in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyWescott

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020

Hope your words come true. My copy expired on June 2020. I have not yet received any updates. Medicals expired on August 2020. New Delhi VO.

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
As of now IRCC will be contacting the expired CoPR holders. Once they contact you after that you can follow up with them regarding your CoPR extension or AL.

If you are post 18th March case then you should contact your Visa Office regarding your readiness of travel with proofs such as proposed quarantine stay and all. Don't book anything but give them your idea about your plans for settlement in Canada.
Do you know anyone who managed to get AL with a valid CoPR ?

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I
Hi,

I have a valid COPR issued after March 2020, and a valid America visit visa. Now I am supposed to visit America to visit my brother in late February for a week, can I fly from there to Canada to permanently settle?

I am asking because on https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start it says:

"from the United States (including connections, so long as you enter Canada from the U.S.)"
It sounds possible to me unless ircc requires those coming from the states to hold a US residence document?

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020

PS: There is a person in this thread (post 18th March) who got AL based on the job offer in Canada.
If you have a job offer and is in exempted list, they do not need AL to travel. Keep your work related paper work ready.