+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello All,

I landed in Vancouver on Feb 3rd.

My flight was Chicago >>> Seattle >>> Vancouver

At the Chicago airport, I was not asked for any documentation since it was a domestic flight.

At the Seattle airport, I was asked for the AL, COVID-19 negative test record, a few COVID-19 screening questions. They also had me do a simple temperature check.

At the Vancouver airport -

The process was very simple. I landed at around 12.30 PM and not very many flights had landed before so the airport was nearly empty.

• The first checkpoint was with the CBSA officer where I was asked for the AL, negative COVID-19 test record, ArriveCan confirmation #. The officer also reiterated that I would need to quarantine for 14 days and do a daily check-in through the ArriveCan app.
  • The next checkpoint was with the immigration officer to complete the landing process.I was asked for the old COPR & the AL. The officer printed out the new COPR and updated the address for sending out the PR cards. Then he requested for a Goods-to-Follow list. Tip - if you are going to include high $ value electronic items in the GTF, please have their S/N's included. Other then that, the entire process was very smooth. It all took less than 20 mins as there was no rush.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help.
Congratulations, did officer asked for new photo for PR card?

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
I am resident in US and got my COPR post March 18th which expired in October 2020. The rules seem unclear. Am I allowed to fly or I need to wait for whenever Canada decides to send AL?

Nit Nit

Jan 5, 2021
I am resident in US and got my COPR post March 18th which expired in October 2020. The rules seem unclear. Am I allowed to fly or I need to wait for whenever Canada decides to send AL?
As far as I know, you can not travel with expired documents, hence you need an AL. Try to read few of the previous pages - you will find a few answers.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
For those who landed recently, do you know if Service Canada is open in the airport?
Did anyone get their SIN processed in the airport?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
For those who landed recently, do you know if Service Canada is open in the airport?
Did anyone get their SIN processed in the airport?
Service Canada is closed in Ontario due to lockdown. Immigration Officer at Toronto airport advised me to apply for SIN online.

Grenille

Jun 28, 2018
I took Air canada.
Hotel quarantine rule has not been implemented yet.I don't know the date.
My cabin bags were over 9 kgs..They didn't weight.Earlier 7 kg was allowed.Now I don't know.They were having a lot of trouble in fitting cabin baggage in the flight.
Now everyone knows abt AL and Copr.
Don't worry things will be smooth.
All the best.
Hey did u fly my Mumbai by any chance ?

Grenille

Jun 28, 2018
Hey Guys

Just wanted to check if any one has flown from Mumbai to Canada Recently via Franfkurt /London Etc ?

there is an Air Canada Flight from Mumbai Via Frankfurt , not sure if they are allowing COPR holders to board these flights currently ?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hey all,

It was a long road, but it did work out and I am here in my destination city in CA.

Expired CoPR, AL and Covid -ve test mandatory. Officer asked basic immigration questions and informed PR card will be delivered to registered address in 2-3 months.

I did not go through the screening at Toronto on 4th Feb as I was headed to another destination.

Now in mandatory quarantine for 14 days.

@whyCorona @crackMBA @13nitinsharma thank you for your continuous support!
Congratulations!

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Hi. Got my AL in Jan. Now I am planning to travel between 20-25th Feb. Will this new hotel quarantine rule applicable to me?
Destination- Edmonton, Alberta.

Last edited: