+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi all! I landed on Feb 4th at Toronto.
Covid testing is mandatory at the airport, at the time of check-in they will ask you to register for the same to avoid the wait time.
Immigration was smooth. They ask for AL and I also took a print of my updated counterfoil details.
Keep your covid report handy as it was the most sort after document.
After landing the officer didn't ask for any document other than the CoPR and AL. They will print a new CoPR and stamp the same.
Covid test is the last thing before you will leave the airport.

All the best to all who are still waiting for AL :)
Congratulations!!
How much it took you at immigration Canada?

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Seems very risky right now. Not sure how is it going.
I see

it is risky , but I can't see it any differently from before

Nonetheless , these recommendations from IRCC against it is quite scary , one is only worried from complications when renewing your ID card or PR card later on.

I hope other group members would shed some light on the issue ( soft landing nowadays ) if they can

thank you

Reactions: crackMBA

Vijay0483

Feb 6, 2021
Hello,
I would like to share my case . My Copr expired and we received both AL and PPR request. Since we got a PPR request mail from NDVO so sent our passports on 24th Dec 2020 . My AL expired on 16 th Feb 21 . Booked my tickets on 3rd Feb , but could not travel as i did not receive my passport. So Passport not received before AL expiry..then what will IRCC do . Will they stamp my passport. I am worried as it has already been 40 days and still not received.
Will IRCC extend my AL as the delay is from Canada High Commission at New Delhi. Kindly advise.

ssi1990

Nov 4, 2020
Hello All,

I landed in Vancouver on Feb 3rd.

My flight was Chicago >>> Seattle >>> Vancouver

At the Chicago airport, I was not asked for any documentation since it was a domestic flight.

At the Seattle airport, I was asked for the AL, COVID-19 negative test record, a few COVID-19 screening questions. They also had me do a simple temperature check.

At the Vancouver airport -

The process was very simple. I landed at around 12.30 PM and not very many flights had landed before so the airport was nearly empty.

• The first checkpoint was with the CBSA officer where I was asked for the AL, negative COVID-19 test record, ArriveCan confirmation #. The officer also reiterated that I would need to quarantine for 14 days and do a daily check-in through the ArriveCan app.
  • The next checkpoint was with the immigration officer to complete the landing process.I was asked for the old COPR & the AL. The officer printed out the new COPR and updated the address for sending out the PR cards. Then he requested for a Goods-to-Follow list. Tip - if you are going to include high $ value electronic items in the GTF, please have their S/N's included. Other then that, the entire process was very smooth. It all took less than 20 mins as there was no rush.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help.

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello All,

At the Chicago airport, I was not asked for any documentation since it was a domestic flight.

At the Seattle airport, I was asked for the AL, COVID-19 negative test record, a few COVID-19 screening questions. They also had me do a simple temperature check.

The process was very simple. I landed at around 12.30 PM and not very many flights had landed before so the airport was nearly empty.

• The first checkpoint was with the CBSA officer where I was asked for the AL, negative COVID-19 test record, ArriveCan confirmation #. The officer also reiterated that I would need to quarantine for 14 days and do a daily check-in through the ArriveCan app.
  • The next checkpoint was with the immigration officer to complete the landing process.I was asked for the old COPR & the AL. The officer printed out the new COPR and updated the address for sending out the PR cards. Then he requested for a Goods-to-Follow list. Tip - if you are going to include high $ value electronic items in the GTF, please have their S/N's included. Other then that, the entire process was very smooth. It all took less than 20 mins as there was no rush.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help.
Thank you for sharing your experience

My question is : should you include your current laptop device for example in GTF list ( like the electronics you are currently using )

srt19

Feb 6, 2021
Hello All,

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing.
I had a query - I am planning to fly from New Jersey to toronto. However I may have to come back to the US in about a month or so. Do you have any insight on whether that would be okay?
Thank you!

Reactions: Adam261

ssi1990

Nov 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience

My question is : should you include your current laptop device for example in GTF list ( like the electronics you are currently using )

Goods-to-follow is the list of goods that you plan to bring (import) later and are not currently carrying with you. If you are carrying your laptop with you while you enter, no need to include it in the GTF.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I
Hello,
I would like to share my case . My Copr expired and we received both AL and PPR request. Since we got a PPR request mail from NDVO so sent our passports on 24th Dec 2020 . My AL expired on 16 th Feb 21 . Booked my tickets on 3rd Feb , but could not travel as i did not receive my passport. So Passport not received before AL expiry..then what will IRCC do . Will they stamp my passport. I am worried as it has already been 40 days and still not received.
Will IRCC extend my AL as the delay is from Canada High Commission at New Delhi. Kindly advise.
I think they should. Explain the situation. I think you have already done your re-med that is why sent your passport for stamping. It is their fault. You will be fine but it is a waiting game.

ssi1990

Nov 4, 2020
Congratulations! And thanks for sharing.
I had a query - I am planning to fly from New Jersey to toronto. However I may have to come back to the US in about a month or so. Do you have any insight on whether that would be okay?
Thank you!
The officer specifically said this - "Avoid travel outside Canada, especially if you plan on coming back to Canada before you get the PR card. You'll require a visa to enter"

So, after landing, if you go back to US and decide to re-enter Canada before you get your PR card, that might be an issue.

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
I am resident in US and got my COPR post March 18th which expired in October 2020. The rules seem unclear. Am I allowed to fly or I need to wait for whenever Canada decides to send AL?

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Congrats!!! Did u get the email from IRCC which mentions expiry of 1st medical before the email of request of redo medical which u receives on Nov4l?
No email for expiry and my medicals expired in May'20. and also no email for automatic extension to the medical (assuming its 6 months). Only received a re medical request in Nov'20 that was 6 months after the expiry of my initial medical.

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
So, AL is for those whose PR is expired. My CoPR and PRV and medical is valid. Although I received it after 18th of march and first time. Why would I need AL.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi folks,
For those who landed, is there a GTF (Good-To-Follow) form or template of some sort on the IRCC or CBSA websites? If so please link.
Also for goods to declare while traveling with you is there some specific format or template we can use?

Last edited: