+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
So basically your counterfoil was issued after March 20 and it is valid till 30th March 21, correct? To my knowledge, AL is issued only to expired copr holders.
Are you sure AL is issued only to expired CoPR holders? Mine is not expired and post March 18th and I was provided with the travel exemption letter under extended family member.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
Finally the long wait is OVER!!!

VO: OTTAWA
After re-medicals request in Nov-2020,,,,New counterfoil numbers updated on 15-Dec-2020
AL (Travel Authorization Letter) received on 02-Feb-2021
AL expiry date: 02-Apr-2021
No 4/7 pointer emails

Note: Sent an e-mail with a cover letter to following ID's on 01-Feb-2021

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (Got AL from this email id at 9:15 PM IST)

india.consular@international.gc.ca

CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca

Please check my previous messages in case anybody have queries regarding my PR journey!!!

Will update once the 1st landing is completed!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Finally the long wait is OVER!!!

VO: OTTAWA
After re-medicals request in Nov-2020,,,,New counterfoil numbers updated on 15-Dec-2020
AL (Travel Authorization Letter) received on 02-Feb-2021
AL expiry date: 02-Apr-2021
No 4/7 pointer emails

Note: Sent an e-mail with a cover letter to following ID's on 01-Feb-2021

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (Got AL from this email id at 9:15 PM IST)

india.consular@international.gc.ca

CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca

Please check my previous messages in case anybody have queries regarding my PR journey!!!

Will update once the 1st landing is completed!
Congratulations!!!
Another good news.

When are you planning to fly?

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
@13nitinsharma @crackMBA , I had received my PR confirmation via email last week for myself and my family after lot of follow up on my COPR expiration.
but still my GC Key is not updated with this change like "Submitted" to "Approved". Any idean when it would happen.
In the letter, they mentioned i might receive this letter twice in my online account, but nothing came so far.. anyway i sent my photo for PR card this monday itself but thought of checking here.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@13nitinsharma @crackMBA , I had received my PR confirmation via email last week for myself and my family after lot of follow up on my COPR expiration.
but still my GC Key is not updated with this change like "Submitted" to "Approved". Any idean when it would happen.
In the letter, they mentioned i might receive this letter twice in my online account, but nothing came so far.. anyway i sent my photo for PR card this monday itself but thought of checking here.
That's normal. It will be updated anytime soon.

Reactions: ibujack

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Not sure about the timeline but I have seen cases where it took 2-3 weeks to change the status.

Reactions: ibujack

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Can someone in the group please clarify what would be the impact of new travel restrictions for those who are still waiting on getting the four/seven pointer email for an update of their expired COPR (pre 18 march, 2020)?

I am worried if this means further slow down/halt of an existing sluggish renewal process?

Thanks so much in advance.

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
Hello everyone,

Is there any recent COPR invitation in 2021 for any of you among express entry applicants inside Canada? If yes, could you please share your application timeline for each step. In this way we get some hope and estimate about the current situation with this Covid 19 disaster!

Thank you,

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi all! I landed in Canada today morning.At Vancouver.Here no testing at airport.Immigration was smooth.They know what is Al by now. Just that some officers dont know that they have to issue us new copr.I requested my officer.He got confused .He asked others.After much discussions amongst each other and asking some senior he found my new copr and printed it for me.
Any questions pls ask.They were not very particular aby weight of luggage.I had 5kgs over in most bags.
All the best to all who are still waiting for Al.Your time will come soon too.
Congratulations!! May i please know which flight did you take? And also if its a mandate yet for travellers to book the government approved hotels for 3 days? And as u mentioned about luggage, i see the allowed limit for cabin is now 5 kgs, which used to be 15 earlier. Did u go over in cabin bag too??
I have booked air india for 17th March, and hope that they are aware of this expired COPR and valid AL story; as I have not seen anyone travel by air india in this group..
I hv also booked an airbnb for quarantine.. hoping things will get better. I can't face the whole renewal process again (m sure no1 can).

Thanks..

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
So basically your counterfoil was issued after March 20 and it is valid till 30th March 21, correct? To my knowledge, AL is issued only to expired copr holders.
That is correct. So, that means people who have received the copr and PRV after 18th March 2020 and still have valid copr and PRV can travel without the authorization letter. Is it correct?

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Congratulations!! May i please know which flight did you take? And also if its a mandate yet for travellers to book the government approved hotels for 3 days? And as u mentioned about luggage, i see the allowed limit for cabin is now 5 kgs, which used to be 15 earlier. Did u go over in cabin bag too??
I have booked air india for 17th March, and hope that they are aware of this expired COPR and valid AL story; as I have not seen anyone travel by air india in this group..
I hv also booked an airbnb for quarantine.. hoping things will get better. I can't face the whole renewal process again (m sure no1 can).

Thanks..
When your copr got expired and how did you get the AL. Thanks in advance

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
When your copr got expired and how did you get the AL. Thanks in advance
It was issued before mar 18th. Expired on May 9th. Raised multiple webforms. Visa office New delhi. Received a 4 pointer email in October, responded to that with all my plans. Then a remedical request on Nov 5th, did re-medical on Nov 30th, raised webform with medical information sheet. My medical was uploaded on Dec 3rd. No email or update after that. And there it was, Received AL on email on Jan 20th (and i cried) and the next day my profile was also updated with new counterfoil details. Valid till Dec.2021.. have to fly before Mar 20th.. so i booked my flight for Mar 16th..
Hope it gives u some clarity and you get your extension very soon!!!!:)

Reactions: Sshirali