AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
You need AL to travel. Did not notice that you got a new CoPR after expiry of your previous CoPR. Please raise webform if you have not received the AL yet.
Actually this is the first COPR I have. Do you think that I should proactively do the re medical as my COPR is valid till 30th of March as my medical is expiring on the same date.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Actually this is the first COPR I have. Do you think that I should proactively do the re medical as my COPR is valid till 30th of March as my medical is expiring on the same date.
Then you should wait for instructions from IRCC as your CoPR is issued after 18th March 2020. If you have a job offer then you can consider applying for AL. Rest is upto IRCC as they are accessing the applicants for entry into Canada in these travel restrictions.

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Has somebody got new visa after expiration, which was issued after March 18. My documents are about to expire. How much time could it take? Thank in advance

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Has somebody got new visa after expiration, which was issued after March 18. My documents are about to expire. How much time could it take? Thank in advance
as per knowledge, they haven't yet started looking at post March 18 expired COPRs. Pre March 18 expired COPRs are getting some updates, but with much delays

cemrocks

Feb 23, 2020
hi Everyone,

My COPR will be expiring on July 2021 and I am planning to travel to Montreal (port of landing) in April 2021. I would like to know if it's a good idea to travel in April? Do we need to seek any approvals prior to the travel?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
hi Everyone,

My COPR will be expiring on July 2021 and I am planning to travel to Montreal (port of landing) in April 2021. I would like to know if it's a good idea to travel in April? Do we need to seek any approvals prior to the travel?
It may be a good idea with the expectation that the restrictions would ease off by then. It is early to say what approvals would be required, the rules have been changing every few days. You'll have to wait and see how things turn up.

Reactions: cemrocks

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
When was your COPR issued?

hi Everyone,

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
If you are a new COPR holder, and have a job offer, is it possible to travel? I have some friends at a lab that could help me get a job there for when I arrive.

Jan 22, 2021
No problem at all, you're free to go.
No AL needed, Just CoPR with PRV.

Wonder why you want to move so close to the deadline though..... What if you miss your flight/break your car or what so ever
Thanks for confirming Klaverveld!

I have another novice question - You said that all i need is CoPR with PRV. I know that i have a CoPR with a validity until 25th Feb. But, what does it mean to have a CoPR with PRV? Is getting a PRV a distinct process from having a valid CoPR? If yes, how do i go about getting it. Sorry if my question sounds a little amateur. And thanks for all the help!

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi all! I landed in Canada today morning.At Vancouver.Here no testing at airport.Immigration was smooth.They know what is Al by now. Just that some officers dont know that they have to issue us new copr.I requested my officer.He got confused .He asked others.After much discussions amongst each other and asking some senior he found my new copr and printed it for me.
Any questions pls ask.They were not very particular aby weight of luggage.I had 5kgs over in most bags.
All the best to all who are still waiting for Al.Your time will come soon too.
Glad to see your timeline, Welcome to Canada! :)

Abhi422

Sep 22, 2019
Hi Everyone, I received the 7 pt email with the subject: Are you able to travel to Canada soon?
My PR was approvd before March 18th. I am currently in US and due to personal circumstances unable to travel to canada for now. Do I need to let them know via a webform? The email says respond to this only if you are able to travel. I am thinking of raising a webform at later point in time when I am ready to travel. Do you guys think there's too much risk of extention getting denied later? Tagging: @13nitinsharma @whyCorona