Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi @jjos did you get an AL yet after responding to the 7 pt email? How long did it take?
Asking because I finally got a 7 pt email this morning and I’m going to reply this afternoon.
My timeline:
COPR : Feb 2020
COPR Expiry : Aug 2020
Original Medical Expiry : Aug 2020
RTT Webforms : Sept and Oct 2020
7 Pt Email : Feb 1, 2021
Medicals extended to : July 08, 2021
My Response to 7 pt Email : Feb 2, 2021
Desired date of travel mentioned in response : April 05, 2021
AL Received : Feb 4, 2021
AL Expiry : April 05, 2021
COPR + PR Visa Validity extended to : July, 08, 2021 (GCKey also updated)
This forum has been very helpful. Thanks to one and all for actively updating and supporting each other.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021
Hi all,

Has anyone with CoPR entered Canada from US by road in the recent times? If yes, are the procedures any different now in the light of COVID screening? I understand that travel to Canada now requires a COVID test conducted 3 days before entry into Canada. I am guessing the same rule applies when crossing the border through Port of Entry. Also, because of the quarantine requirements, are there any specific new rules to follow after crossing the port of entry before I reach my destination (Vancouver)?

Also, I am still debating between the two entry options:
1. Selling my car and entering Canada by air
2. Keep my car and enter Canada by road

I've heard some say that its too much of a hassle to work through the documentation and other requirements if I move my car to Canada from the US and that its probably easier if i sell the car in US and buy a new one in Canada. Do you have any recommendations to give for Option #2 based on your own personal experience?

Your inputs are much appreciated!

Thanks.

Reactions: nattfodd

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
This forum has been very helpful. Thanks to one and all for actively updating and supporting each other.
Hey there

How did you get the 7 pt email and what exactly does it has.

jjos

Jan 5, 2021
Congrats! I am yet to receive the AL.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi all! I landed in Canada today morning.At Vancouver.Here no testing at airport.Immigration was smooth.They know what is Al by now. Just that some officers dont know that they have to issue us new copr.I requested my officer.He got confused .He asked others.After much discussions amongst each other and asking some senior he found my new copr and printed it for me.
Any questions pls ask.They were not very particular aby weight of luggage.I had 5kgs over in most bags.
All the best to all who are still waiting for Al.Your time will come soon too.
Hey did they ask you to do hotel quarantine for 3 days?..Could update us on those details?

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Hi all! I landed in Canada today morning.At Vancouver.Here no testing at airport.Immigration was smooth.They know what is Al by now. Just that some officers dont know that they have to issue us new copr.I requested my officer.He got confused .He asked others.After much discussions amongst each other and asking some senior he found my new copr and printed it for me.
Any questions pls ask.They were not very particular aby weight of luggage.I had 5kgs over in most bags.
All the best to all who are still waiting for Al.Your time will come soon too.
Congratulations!! How long did it took IRCC to issue you AL after replying to their 7 points email?

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
I have and received in December 24th
But I haven't received the AL, I raised the web form twice and neither I received the 7 pt email from them. My CoPR and PRV and medical is valid till 30th of March. So, how do I get the 7 pt email.

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
But I haven't received the AL, I raised the web form twice and neither I received the 7 pt email from them. My CoPR and PRV and medical is valid till 30th of March. So, how do I get the 7 pt email.
So basically your counterfoil was issued after March 20 and it is valid till 30th March 21, correct? To my knowledge, AL is issued only to expired copr holders.