+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Wildbore88

Nov 27, 2018
Hello ,everyone ,I'd like you give me some advice ,my case is more complicated. I really appreciate you !!!

My husband received COPR (NB PNP)on April 7 2020,
Expired COPR on Aug 7 2020
My son has studied in ON since in September 2018 . I am with my son in Canada now.

we applied for the written authorization for exemption from travel restriction third times .
the first two times we submitted a lot of documents including COPR ,been denied .
the third time we submitted my son's study permit and my husband's passport,
recently received the approval letter.
I have booked a flight to Toronto for my husband on Feb 12 2021, I hope he can land smoothly .

Can you give me some advice when he arrive at Canada border . Thanks
Yes, have $2000 ready as Canada intends to plow everyone with a ridiculously overpriced hotel quarantine. Even Australia is doing 14 FULL DAYS for less than $2000, can't see how Canada is doing only 3 days for the same price. Incompetency!

Reactions: tusa47

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
For those who are travelling this week to Canada, It would be of great help if you guys can post your experience here in the group about travel restrictions and new quarantine guidelines. We will be immensely grateful for your guidance
I am confused? New quarantine guidelines will be applicable in next coming weeks as per there PM statement on 29th Jan. because quarantine hotels are not yet ready.
I think it is not yet implemented?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I am confused? New quarantine guidelines will be applicable in next coming weeks as per there PM statement on 29th Jan. because quarantine hotels are not yet ready.
I think it is not yet implemented?
Which is exactly why most of us are scrambled to plan our travel. We have to wait and see what unfolds in coming weeks.

Reactions: b.namit87

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
i think as of now, our $2000 per person ( charges for 3 days in hotel ) are safe? Canada high court is also raised question of Canada govt on new guidelines ?
I think so. Like i said We need some guidance from people who are on ground zero. We will get to know better then

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi.. I had first raised a webform in September to which I did not get any response, and then another one in the second week of December 2020. I got a reply to the second webform asking me to give my quarantine plan. After I gave them my quarantine plan, the response I got said that I could not be given an extension at the time (this was around 7th January 2021) as I had not provided details of where I would be staying etc. After this, my profile was updated around January 9th - it went from submitted to processing. Three days later (12th January) I received the 'Are you able to travel to Canada soon' email where they mentioned that my medical had been extended.

I would suggest wait and let IRCC get back to you - in one of their responses to me, they have clearly stated that our expired applications are on hold and will not be cancelled or anything like that. They will let you know if your medical has been automatically extended or if you need to do another medical exam. Even I was completely in the dark from May till January 7th, so I understand how it can feel. Best wishes.
Hi Kay Cee, are your copr before or after march18th,2020? I am asking because I am post march 18 and my copr will expire on march.

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Hello all,

This forum has been of great help and is continuing to be to me and I am sure for many of you. I have received an email in January asking about my timeline for traveling to Canada and the extension of my medicals until mid April. Until now I haven't received a response from IRCC regarding the next step to do.

Now I have couple of questions as I need your help folks:

1. What App are you using to call IRCC? I have been using TextNow app but I am unable to even get an area code in Canada to call
2. Are soft landings still inadvisable? With all these new restrictions I am honestly questionning if it would be a good time to settle right now so I am wondering about soft landing.
3. How do I receive my PR Card if I opt for a soft landing?
4. Is it possible to receive your SIN in about 4 weeks of the day you land?

Thank you very much