+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

tortortor

Feb 1, 2020
Thanks..any possibility of implimentation of this quarantine from 3rd Feb .I am reaching on 3rd 6:50 a.m.I already have bookings and will have to suffer a big loss plus arrange for this hotel money.Its 8000 cad for us and just 3days to go.
Ontario does not want to wait for weeks for the federal government's rules to kick in and it's implementing its own measures immediately. You should start reading what Ford is saying.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-january-29-2021-airport-mandatory-testing-1.5893034

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
And what if you test positive? Then you stay at the hotel for 2 weeks. If 3 days cost $2000, how much would 15 days cost?
Nope someone tested positive will be shifted to govt facilities.

Now I am 100% sure that people will take extra precautions while travelling. This move has already started working.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Ontario does not want to wait for weeks for the federal government's rules to kick in and it's implementing its own measures immediately. You should start reading what Ford is saying.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-january-29-2021-airport-mandatory-testing-1.5893034
Yeah they want to test incoming people at Toronto airport as the infrastructure is already there.

For hotels as per Transport Ministry:

As soon as possible in the coming weeks, all air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions, must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for three nights at their own cost, and take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival at their own cost. More details will be available in the coming days.

Reactions: crackMBA

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thanks..any possibility of implimentation of this quarantine from 3rd Feb .I am reaching on 3rd 6:50 a.m.I already have bookings and will have to suffer a big loss plus arrange for this hotel money.Its 8000 cad for us and just 3days to go.
I do not think so. As not every airport has this facility for testing. They may start compulsory testing at Toronto airport.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Nope someone tested positive will be shifted to govt facilities.

Now I am 100% sure that people will take extra precautions while travelling. This move has already started working.
Yeah for sure. Will discourage snowbirds but still not sure how it is going work for the people who have connecting flights.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yeah for sure. Will discourage snowbirds but still not sure how it is going work to work for the people who have connecting flights.
If you have already booked a ticket and are impacted by this new change then you can easily reschedule the connecting flight or get credits by calling the airline's helpline. In coming weeks you will start seeing these new measures on airlines website.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
If you have already booked a ticket and are impacted by this new change then you can easily reschedule the connecting flight or get credits by calling the airline's helpline. In coming weeks you will start seeing these new measures on airlines website.
I hope so, they do it without asking for extra money for change or price difference. I am ready to pay 2k but there should be some clarity.

Reactions: Dimps18