+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Connecting flights within Canada
If you are cleared to fly, you may board a connecting flight to reach your final destination. You do not need to quarantine (self-isolate) before connecting, unless your final destination requires you to quarantine at a designated location first.

Unless you're cleared, it looks like you'd have to quarantine in Toronto first and then be able to travel to your final destination
This was before 3-day quarantine came into place but not sure about now.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
They gonna setup quarantine hotels at 4 international airports thats for sure and I believe airlines will rebook the connecting flight if it comes to that.
For rebooking I have to pay the difference amount. If it is for free then it is fine or they adjust it accordingly.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Testing facility is already there at Toronto and Calgary. I am not sure about other places.
Yeah bit no quarantine place. I believe they have some quarantine place for contingency.
But they should start the testing on all 4 airport at same time. Otherwise what is the use of these new restrictions. So it will take some time in weeks if not in months.

I bet snow birds might not be chirping like us after hearing about new restrictions.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
But they should start the testing on all 4 airport at same time. Otherwise what is the use of these new restrictions. So it will take some time in weeks if not in months.

I bet snow birds might not be chirping like us after hearing about new restrictions.
Six months back, I had empathy for everyone.. but right now, I am very selfish. Expired COPRs have waited way too long.. I will accept anything that does not hurt my chances.

Reactions: Fmegha86

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
The new measures are aimed at discouraging travellers from taking non-essential trips outside of the country, amid numerous reports that some Canadians have been escaping the chilly winter with vacations to sunny destinations.

In addition to the cancelled flights to sunny destinations and a new hotel bill that non-essential travellers will be forced to pay as they await mandatory test results, Trudeau announced that non-essential travellers will have to show a negative test at land borders too.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7607191/covid-canada-international-travel-restrictions/

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Snow birds must be chilling now at beach and will start abusing the govt as they become aware of the situation. These people are making our life hell. People are not just ready to accept the situation.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
In addition to the cancelled flights to sunny destinations and a new hotel bill that non-essential travellers will be forced to pay as they await mandatory test results, Trudeau announced that non-essential travellers will have to show a negative test at land borders too.
$2000 / 3 days must be a top hotel :cool:

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
You're not allowed to have any stops between the airport and your destination of quarantine. That's a hard rule.

Travel card will possibly work - else set up banking/interac before going over. Or borrow a friend's card.

Uber XL will take 8 x 23 and one passenger. Airport WiFi will work will till you board the Uber. Memorize the licence plate number.
Thanks a lot for answering all queries.U heard news?
@legalfalcon...new rule has come up today of 3 days mandatory hotel quarantine..any idea from when it's applicable?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Yeah but IMO decision seems to be for Canadian Citizens who are travelling abroad to avoid canadian winters. Yes there is no issue with extra CADs spent for hotel and getting extra swab in nose and throat but expired CoPR holders with AL are travelling for essential purpose and not for leisure.
I just wish you are right.We are four of us.8000 cad is a BIG amt for us.Just wish its not for us.

• Sad
Reactions: Craigcaeiro

KrisVedan

Jan 29, 2021
Dear Friends,
On Dec 21st I had sent my passport for co-PR visa stamping. My passport is with Ottawa office for more than a month. 2 days ago I received the status of my application changed to Accepted. It's been 2 days but FedEx label still shows pending. Very worried as I cannot even go back to India ( I am in US).
I already sent them the Webform asking status but no reply. I am okay with the delay but my fear is that passport might have been lost.
Is there a phone number that we can contact to know the status of my passport.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I just wish you are right.We are four of us.8000 cad is a BIG amt for us.Just wish its not for us.
Just listened to JT's announce today regarding new restrictions. He said that in coming weeks travellers coming to Canada need to undergo mandatory PCR testing at airport and 3 days hotel stay at their own expenses which may be CAD 2000 and more. He did not mention anything essential or non essential travellers in this context.

Lets see how things evolve in coming days if CoPRs are impacted by this or not.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Just listened to JT's announce today regarding new restrictions. He said that in coming weeks travellers coming to Canada need to undergo mandatory PCR testing at airport and 3 days hotel stay at their own expenses which may be CAD 2000 and more. He did not mention anything essential or non essential travellers in this context.

Lets see how things evolve in coming days if CoPRs are impacted by this or not.
When are you travelling?I am reaching on 3rd.Feb.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot for answering all queries.U heard news?
@legalfalcon...new rule has come up today of 3 days mandatory hotel quarantine..any idea from when it's applicable?
It is just a statement from the PM. The official rules, protocols and procedures will be available later today or in the days to come by the agencies who will administer them or enforce them.

In a nutshell the announcement this morning states:

• all travellers arriving to Canada will have to take a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival.

• As passengers await their results, they’ll have to quarantine at government-designated hotels for three days at their own expense. That is expected to cost more than $2,000, Trudeau said.

• People with negative results will be allowed to return home to complete their two-week isolation while those who test positive for the virus will have to quarantine in designated government facilities.

• The government and Canada’s main airlines have agreed to suspend service to sun destinations (Caribbean and Mexico) right away

• On top of flight cancellations, beginning next week, all international flights will only be allowed to land at four airports; those in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and Calgary.