+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

drhills

Jan 8, 2021
Hi congratulations, this is Al , have done you re medical? If yes when did you done , how many day after you go this Mail plz let me know. I done my re medical for my family on nov 17 th but still no reply. Plz share the information. Thank you
[/QUOTE

Last edited:

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Does upfront remedicals expedite the process? Or its better to wait for IRCC to reach out to us?
My COPR expired in June 2020 and at this point I am just waiting to hear from them after raising several webforms and no answer from them.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Hi. Even I had the thoughts of doing my remedicals. But when contacted IRCC they said is to wait for the request and be patient. I noticed that few of them in this forum have got their medicals extended to 6 months and few upto 1 yr. Even my CoPR expired on June. Even after raising some many webforms no updates till now. So let's be patient

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Guys any idea when people with COPRs issues after 18th March 2020 will be allowed to travel?

They havent updated the website for months, I have no idea what to do
With no official update there is nothing to do except to wait. Many more than you think are riding along with you and I just read CA PM is planning to tighten restrictions, just like NZ and AU which is out to be soon.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-increas-travel-restrictions-1.5888231

The prime minister said his government is working "carefully and diligently" on new measures and will have more to say in the next few days.

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
You should reply on the same email for correction and mention about your situation. Make sure to attach all documents or proofs you have submitted earlier regarding your readiness to travel.
yes i did that replied and asked them about it and also about the AL lets see when they reply now.

Sidunreal316

Sep 18, 2017
Just Received my AL.... Counterfoil updated on January 7th.. Travelling in a couple of days.
Some of us are in the same boat as u. COPR updated on Jan 7th but havent received the AL yet. Did you book tickets and showed it as proof while raising the webform for AL? Or anything else?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
With no official update there is nothing to do except to wait. Many more than you think are riding along with you and I just read CA PM is planning to tighten restrictions, just like NZ and AU which is out to be soon.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-increas-travel-restrictions-1.5888231
"The loophole has led to Canadian politicians and others continuing to book trips around the world, as was evidenced by the large number of public officials criticized for travelling over the holidays.

Trudeau says the government is now considering forcing travellers who meet the criteria to enter Canada to quarantine at their own cost in hotels rather than in their own homes for two weeks."

https://globalnews.ca/news/7600722/canada-travel-restrictions-cbsa/

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
AL valid till March 28th and COPR valid till June 22nd
Hi did u raise any webforms to receive AL? Or did you receive it automatically via email? And had u done your re-medicals as well after they sent a msg to u in gckey account? Please let us know...waiting eagerly for AL since 6th Jan

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
"The loophole has led to Canadian politicians and others continuing to book trips around the world, as was evidenced by the large number of public officials criticized for travelling over the holidays.

Trudeau says the government is now considering forcing travellers who meet the criteria to enter Canada to quarantine at their own cost in hotels rather than in their own homes for two weeks."

https://globalnews.ca/news/7600722/canada-travel-restrictions-cbsa/
Do anybody know any hotels in Toronto approved for quarantine?