+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I CALLED THEM they told its not yet updated , they told me my file located at new Delhi office so raise the web form to ndvo . i did twice but sill no reply yet. thank your for asking
Order notes.. it'll take time but you'll know what the exact hold up is.. in my case it was stalled for a totally different and unrelated reason.

Also, order notes urself and not through third party websites

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Congratulations on receiving your AL finally. You can't travel till the time new COPR details are updated in your CIC account. Details will be updated soon anytime from 24 hours to 1 week timeframe, so don't worry.

There are couple of cases in the past who noticed the similar kind of scenarios, and they also tried to travel only with the AL document. They were denied to board the flight as their details were not updated in the system. Later, waited for new COPR details in CIC account, and were able to travel successfully.

So, you can say, AL and COPR details in the CIC account, go hand in hand. Hope this helps.
My new COPR counterfoil details has been updated in GC Key yesterday i. e. after 22 days of receiving AL.

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

ssi1990

Nov 4, 2020
HI All,

I received my AL via email today with a validity of March 29, 2021. GC KEY portal updated almost at the same time with new counterfoils.Counterfoils valid till 5/27/2021. My VO is OTTAWA and COR is USA.

I had initially contacted IRCC on Oct-22 via webform. I sent a follow-up webform on Nov-13. My case went from 'approved' to 'submitted' on Dec-22. Final approval came today, Jan 28th. In between the webforms, I also contacted the OTTAWA VO via their email inbox on a numerous occasions.

My medicals were extended until May 27th, 2021 and was not asked to do medicals again.

This forum has been a lot of help. I wish all the best to others who are waiting. Keep faith in the process, good news is on it's way.

Thanks

mabh

Oct 4, 2020
Are there any other options than Air India or Air Canada? I am planning to travel in March first week but the direct tickets are really expensive. The cheaper options are transit via Germany or UK but I really don't know about the quarantine polices for transit passengers. Even before COVID, if I am not wrong, Indians needed a transit visa to transit through these countries.
Does anyone have any idea or suggestion for airlines? I know it is best to take a direct flight in these times but I just want to be aware of other alternatives.

drhills

Jan 8, 2021
Some of us are in the same boat as u. COPR updated on Jan 7th but havent received the AL yet. Did you book tickets and showed it as proof while raising the webform for AL? Or anything else?
I proactively did my medicals and it was uploaded to my account the next day.... Counterfoil was updated two days afterwards.... I had sent out answers to the four point questions proactively as well. I didn't wait for them to contact me. I attached all the necessary documents with my response. Including airline tickets that was later cancelled. .. After my counterfoil was updated, I called the IRCC agent and informed the agent that I haven't received an AL... I convinced her to send an urgent email to VO Ottawa for them to send the AL... Had to wait a week plus some days for the AL... Will be flying out to Toronto on Saturday.... I hope I've answered your questions...

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hii ... I have a question . Can anyone share their experience that when they received PPR after submitting re medical . I was asked to do re medical on 18 Jan. I submitted it on 26th Jan. When can I expect to receive Golden email.. plz share if anyone has sailed the same boat ...

AS0213

Dec 6, 2018
I proactively did my medicals and it was uploaded to my account the next day.... Counterfoil was updated two days afterwards.... I had sent out answers to the four point questions proactively as well. I didn't wait for them to contact me. I attached all the necessary documents with my response. Including airline tickets that was later cancelled. .. After my counterfoil was updated, I called the IRCC agent and informed the agent that I haven't received an AL... I convinced her to send an urgent email to VO Ottawa for them to send the AL... Had to wait a week plus some days for the AL... Will be flying out to Toronto on Saturday.... I hope I've answered your questions...
Hi, Can you please guide on the process of remedicals without official letter. And was the medical report uploaded by you or medical center. Thanks in advance :)

Fasiuddin

Jun 8, 2018
Are there any other options than Air India or Air Canada? I am planning to travel in March first week but the direct tickets are really expensive. The cheaper options are transit via Germany or UK but I really don't know about the quarantine polices for transit passengers. Even before COVID, if I am not wrong, Indians needed a transit visa to transit through these countries.
Does anyone have any idea or suggestion for airlines? I know it is best to take a direct flight in these times but I just want to be aware of other alternatives.
Check respective airlines eligibility rules!!!!

BA Outbound flights from India:
  • Stranded UK nationals/residents, foreign nationals transiting through UK or spouses of these persons, whether accompanying or otherwise.
  • Indian national holding any type of valid UK visa and destined UK only, Ireland and Cayman Islands.
  • Seamen holding Indian passports would be allowed subject to clearance from the Ministry of Shipping.
  • Please be aware that Indian Nationals can only travel from India to the UK, Ireland and Cayman Islands and not any further, unless their spouse is a foreign national or they are seaman travelling with authorised documentation.
Please check the entry requirements for your destination to ensure you can travel.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Congrats and I doubt that your AL is issued based on the remeds. I believe your current meds were extended and then AL was issued to you.

There is no way that remeds report can be uploaded and results are provided in 2 days time frame. Hospitals usually take 5 days to upload the medical reports to IRCC.

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
I do not think there is like approved hotels. You just need to be at a hotel/airbnb instead of home. People are not isolating themselves at home. They are mixing with other family members.
@crackMBA I plan to stay in a basement of a friend's house. He lives alone. The basement also has an attached bathroom. I read on IRCC's website that we are allowed to stay as long as the other party gives their consent. What are your thoughts?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Landed in Toronto!!!

~LONG POST ALERT~

Finally we landed in Toronto after all the delays, confusions and lack of correct information. I hope I can solve some of your confusion with this post.

DISCLAIMER - I had an expired copr before 18 March. Got new CoPRs but NO AL.

Initial CoPR Date - 15/03/2020
Initial CoPR Expiry - 22/05/2020
4 Pointer - 30/10/2020
Re-Meds Done without IMM letter - 07/11/2020
New PPR - 22/11/2020
Passports Sent to NDVO - 09/12/2020
Received Passports - 31/12/2020
Travelled from Hyderabad to Toronto via Delhi - 22/01/2020
Visa Office - NDVO
Applicants - Primary+Spouse
AL - NO AL RECEIVED
Occupation - Architects (both)

Right then! We had major confusion if we could travel without an AL even though our initial CoPR was issued before 18 March 2020. We decided to take screenshots of our GC Key and IRCC Newletters on travel restrictions in case they ask us.

We booked Air Canada from Hyderabad to Toronto (Hyd to Delhi was Vistara). Immigration happened in Delhi and neither the Air Canada Rep at the checkin counter nor the immigration officer asked us any questions regarding CoPR date. The Air Canada counter lady gave us the Declaration of Goods Form to be filled in flight for arrival. She also checked our Covid test reports. The officer asked about our quarantine arrangements (AirBnB)

Landed at YYZ Airport in the wee hours of 23rd. The getting off time from the flight is longer (due to distancing norms). First set of counters check your COVID reports, Arrive CAN App and the Declaration form for Goods.

Then you are guided to the CBSA counters where you have to wait for around 30 mins till your turn comes. The officer DID NOT ask us any questions regarding finances, quarantine, CoPR Dates or anything. They process was smooth and without any confusion. After stamping and signing off CoPR docs, we heard the golden words - Welcome to Canada!

Collected our bags, headed straight to TIM Hortons at the exit lounge and had our breakfast. Booked an Uber XL to our destination.

We ordered groceries upon arrival from Instacart (they have WALMART and Costco) and APNIROOT (Indian groceries).

We are using numbers from Text Now app and its super convenient and easy (you'll need wifi which is available throughout the airport and our airbnb).

The flight was long and crowded and no choices for food. Overall it was a comfortable journey.

Hope this post was helpful and hope I've been able to solve some queries. Ask away if you've got doubts and ill reply as soon as I can.

Good luck guys, hang in there! Things will happen!
Congratulations Good to know that you reached without hassles and thanks for sharing.
Are we allowed to stop at Tim Hortens for breakfast!!?? Don't they expect us to straight away head to our destination?How are you paying to Instacart?Travel card will work?Uber XL will be able to carry 8x23kgs bags plus carry ons..or we need to book 2 cabs?How did u book uber..thru airport wifi?As outside airport your phone wud have stopped working so how did u connect to the uber driver..or just searched for the uber by its no?Thanks for reading so many questions.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Congrats!

Btw you got a PPR and your passport was stamped with new CoPR and PRV as per your mentioned timeline, therefore, there was no need for you to get an AL. You were exempted anyways as your PR application was approved before 18th March 2020.

People still need AL to travel if they are in possession of expired CoPR and PRV issued before 18th March 2020 and if no AL then a new CoPR and PRV stamped on their passport like in your case.
You too might have reached by now right?

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
Hi,,,Congratulations!!

My counterfoils got updated on Dec 15 2020 and on Jan 06 I called IRCC and the agent sent a message mentioning "AL not received" via my account to Ottawa Office !!!

Can you please specify the timelines and whether the agent has sent a message from your GC account or an email?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunderbird666

mabh

Oct 4, 2020
I wrote an email to Germany Consulate in India to enquire about this and they replied that a transit visa is not required if one holds a valid Canadian visa and there are no no quarantine rules for a transit passenger.

If anyone has used this route recently, please share your experience. Thanks.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Congratulations Good to know that you reached without hassles and thanks for sharing.
Are we allowed to stop at Tim Hortens for breakfast!!?? Don't they expect us to straight away head to our destination?How are you paying to Instacart?Travel card will work?Uber XL will be able to carry 8x23kgs bags plus carry ons..or we need to book 2 cabs?How did u book uber..thru airport wifi?As outside airport your phone wud have stopped working so how did u connect to the uber driver..or just searched for the uber by its no?Thanks for reading so many questions.
You're not allowed to have any stops between the airport and your destination of quarantine. That's a hard rule.

Travel card will possibly work - else set up banking/interac before going over. Or borrow a friend's card.

Uber XL will take 8 x 23 and one passenger. Airport WiFi will work will till you board the Uber. Memorize the licence plate number.

Reactions: nathan2020EE