+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

3WWW

Apr 20, 2019
What would happen if I let my extended COPR and AL expire. I understand they mention "your application will remain open". Does this mean I will only need to redo a medical exam? Is there any risk that I will not be reissued a COPR ?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
What would happen if I let my extended COPR and AL expire. I understand they mention "your application will remain open". Does this mean I will only need to redo a medical exam? Is there any risk that I will not be reissued a COPR ?
No risk at all but be ready to wait. It may take indefinite time as no one is sure about the process.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Really? I dont think one can go back to airport just like that.

There are many who might have received SIN with expired CoPR. @Canada_Pr4u is the one who can put some light on it but he is not active anymore I guess.
I read a case, I think on Telegram group the guy went back to get a Valid COPR.
They may face a problem in future. Although I am not sure.

andrew325

Jan 15, 2018
I read a case, I think on Telegram group the guy went back to get a Valid COPR.
They may face a problem in future. Although I am not sure.
The interesting thing the expired copr got stamped and signed. Stamped that she becomes pr on the 23 January. Also officer says she can use it but this is strange cause I never heard of it

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
The interesting thing the expired copr got stamped and signed. Stamped that she becomes pr on the 23 January. Also officer says she can use it but this is strange cause I never heard of it
Raise a webform and call IRCC for advise. Anyways you cant do much as you might be serving your quarantine period. After that just go to Service Canada nearby for SIN, take the printout of your CIC account which has the new CoPR number of your wife along with stamped and signed expired CoPR.

Reactions: andrew325

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
It happened with many people. Officers were not aware of the process. People had to inform them to print the new COPR. Just check online which counterfoil no is valid.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi guys.. Has anyone travelled via Air india from delhi to toronto with expired COPR and expired Visa but with new AL?? Would really appreciate if you could share your experience and tell if i need to take care of anything in particular. I did call Air india and the rep said that if according to the embassy I am allowed to enter canada, then I can fly and i booked a flight for Mar 16th however i still want to be sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

andrew325

Jan 15, 2018
It happened with many people. Officers were not aware of the process. People had to inform them to print the new COPR. Just check online which counterfoil no is valid.
What does the action in this case? Go back to the airport? And normally once you get the pr card, it does not matter anymore?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi guys.. Has anyone travelled via Air india from delhi to toronto with expired COPR and expired Visa but with new AL?? Would really appreciate if you could share your experience and tell if i need to take care of anything in particular. I did call Air india and the rep said that if according to the embassy I am allowed to enter canada, then I can fly and i booked a flight for Mar 16th however i still want to be sure. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Congratulations for an AL. Can you please tell me what is this new AL. Is it something different?
Sorry if you have explained before and I missed it.

Thanks

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
What does the action in this case? Go back to the airport? And normally once you get the pr card, it does not matter anymore?
See as I said, I just read an experience on telegram group almost a month back. I am not sure what will be the consequences but it is always better to have valid COPR. I am do not know much aware about PR Card but whenever you need to apply for citizenship you need signed COPR(if you want to apply it).

lechatchar

Jun 23, 2020
Um?

Um, based on how casual you are about this, you probably are doing really good where you are. Good for you.

Anyways, here AL stands for authorization letter. IRCC calls this letter of authorization.
Thanks for the answer.
But what do you mean by "how casual" and "doing good "? Sorry I don’t understand.

And what’s an authorization letter for? If my COPR and entry PRV hasn’t expected, do I still need it even if the travel restriction is lifted?

Really hope it to be lifted soon!