+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thanks @crackMBA and @whyCorona ....
So, Melbourne-Tokyo-Vancouver-Toronto route is with Japan Airlines; ticket is issued by Japan Airlines but Vancouver to Toronto is Westjet (code shared). As you suggested 2hr stopover in Vancouver may not be sufficient if the landing is done there. But this is business class tickets and was preferring this because I'm traveling with a pregnant wife and a 2yr toddler.

The Emirates/Etihad flights are longer duration (15hrs Melbourne-Dubai and 15hrs Dubai-Toronto) and economy, so sitting upright for all that time is tough.
Thanks anyways, will have to weigh in the options......Cheers!

1st: You may need to pick up the luggage as per my experience of travelling to Canada and taking connections. Check with the airlines. they will let you know. Business class is fine but immigration will be same. You may get preference because of the baby in immigration.

2nd: This one is safest. Your call

Cheers

Reactions: tomx420

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I have already booked the ticket for 2nd week of February with Air Canada, but now the problem is what to do if I receive the AL after 2nd week of February - let’s say 15 February in this case even if I try to book any class of ticket before 27 February then I have to pay a lot more and also I have to wrap up everything in less than 12 days!

So, I’m thinking to raise a web form and informing the Ottawa VO after 31 January (if there is no AL received till 31 Jan) that since I haven’t received AL so far and the new counterfoil updated on GC key account is going to expire on 27 February which gives me less than 30 days so I won’t be able to travel on such a short notice and request them to provide me another extension and to inform me about the same at least 45 days before the expiry of the new counterfoil!
You can try it. They will not cancel your PR for sure. Keep an eye on the tickets. You may get lucky and get a last minute not-so-expensive ticket.

Reactions: TechyVishal

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi,
For all those who have landed, I have a few questions if you could help me with:

1. Can we get the SIN at the airport (are they open 24x7)?
2. If not, the only option to get SIN is after 14 days of quarantine, correct?
3. Do I need a SIN to get OHIP? or open a bank account?
4. What address do you give for PR card and OHIP if you have absolutely no one in Canada?

Thanks, and appreciate your replies!!
1. This facility is closed right now.
2. You can apply online but it takes more time. Better to wait for 14 days, boom an appoint with service Canada the day you are out of quarantine and get the SIN. It is a 10-15 min process.
3. You need Sin for bank account.
4. This I have heard from people. If you have no permanent address, officer gives you a form. You need to fill it and submit it online to get your PR Card.

Reactions: gtcan19 and tomx420

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi @whyCorona @crackMBA @13nitinsharma @legalfalcon we really need your help and expert advice.

A lot of us like @lnmora @TechyVishal @KirtiP @paddypsinghal @Expired COPR @Sidunreal316 and myself as well (and anyone else who i may have missed out) have got our profiles updated with new COPR details on the 7th of Jan which has an expiry of 27th Feb this year. Now its been more than 2 weeks but none of us have got any AL from them so we obviously cant fly. all of us have mailed them and sent webforms to let them know, and we have called IRCC numerous times. The response we got from them was that some had an AL sent on 7th itself but obviously nothing has been received. So basically is there anything else we can do? Please do youll have any suggestion? i dont know if they wud get to our webforms in time to resend an AL. The agents on the phone said they wil put a note in our file saying that we havent got it and it needs to be resent but i doubt they wud get to it or even look at it in time as there are few weeks left till end Feb and prices of tickets are skyrocketing! Your thoughts please?
Don't make any bookings till the time your AL is not issued.

lechatchar

Jun 23, 2020
Hi all,
Um, I’ve got CoPR and passport is stamped with PRV, also the account says "approved", and it’s not expired until the end of April. but what’s an AL? never heard of it before.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi all,
Um, I’ve got CoPR and passport is stamped with PRV, also the account says "approved", and it’s not expired until the end of April. but what’s an AL? never heard of it before.
Um?

Um, based on how casual you are about this, you probably are doing really good where you are. Good for you.

Anyways, here AL stands for authorization letter. IRCC calls this letter of authorization.

andrew325

Jan 15, 2018
Hey Andrew,
Congrats! It's great that you've finished your landing procedure.
Can you please tell me when you guys got your CoPR? ( before or after March 18, 2020? )
My common-law partner and I got our "big envelopes" at Dec 2020, and we're so willing to land in Canada ( Vancouver, too ) but we're not eligible yet due to the travel districtions, which worries us a lot. That's why I wanna know the issued date of your CoPR, and wonder if there's any way you know that allows us to land in Canada.
Thank you! and Congrats again!
We got it long time ago! To be precise early September 2019 and it was expired in Sept 2020. In December we were given an AL valid until 31 January. Hope it helps!

andrew325

Jan 15, 2018
Hi guys out of topic q. Is it mandatory the expired copr to be replaced with the new one at the immigration?

I was given a new copr but my spouse not. Can she get sin? Or she has to go back to the airport to get it replaced?

Thanks!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi guys out of topic q. Is it mandatory the expired copr to be replaced with the new one at the immigration?

I was given a new copr but my spouse not. Can she get sin? Or she has to go back to the airport to get it replaced?

Thanks!
Get the new one at the airport. You can only get SIN on the valid one.