+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

alyemeni

Jan 13, 2015
I got re-medical request only for myself nothing for my spouse, shall i do it for me only since it got my information without my wife?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I got re-medical request only for myself nothing for my spouse, shall i do it for me only since it got my information without my wife?
Disclaimer - follow my advice at your own risk

If the med center is nearby then yes get it done for yourself

If no, when does your wife's meds expire?

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hi guys, I am already tired of waiting. I received an email in June 2020 as a reply to my follow-up that my application has already been approved and that the COPR will be emailed soon. That's why i resigned in my work and focus on my personal stuffs before migrating to Canada. I'm still waiting for my COPR until now. Will be unemployed for 6 months starting Feb 1. Hoping this pandemic will end soon

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi All,
For those who have already landed, I have a query -
If my flight route is via Vancouver to Toronto, do I end up going through the immigration/landing processing in Vancouver? If so is a 2h stop-over sufficient?
Anyway to avoid it and do the landing at the final destination (Toronto)?
Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi All,
If my flight route is via Vancouver to Toronto, do I end up going through the immigration/landing processing in Vancouver? If so is a 2h stop-over sufficient?
Thanks
At port of entry where your international flight touches the Canadian soil. In your case its Vancouver. You must be having a connecting flight to Toronto.

Reactions: tomx420

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hi guys, I am already tired of waiting. I received an email in June 2020 as a reply to my follow-up that my application has already been approved and that the COPR will be emailed soon. That's why i resigned in my work and focus on my personal stuffs before migrating to Canada. I'm still waiting for my COPR until now. Will be unemployed for 6 months starting Feb 1. Hoping this pandemic will end soon
11 month unemployed checking in. Quit my job last year and came to India to see my parents and got stuck. My wife was able to go before her expiry but I could not and I'm still waiting to join her since June.

I have actually started looking for a job. Waiting for IRCC is painful. I just want to get on with my life. If and when they bother to reply I'll figure it out

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi All,
Thanks
Immigration will be done in Vancouver. 2 hr stop-over might be tight but not always.
Do you need to pick up your luggage at Vancouver?

Reactions: tomx420

Madhan96291

Jan 19, 2018
Hi Guys, Anyone travelled with expired COPR and AL on the Air India flight Bangalore - Delhi - Toronto recently? Please share your experience and things to keep in mind.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
11 month unemployed checking in. Quit my job last year and came to India to see my parents and got stuck. My wife was able to go before her expiry but I could not and I'm still waiting to join her since June.

I have actually started looking for a job. Waiting for IRCC is painful. I just want to get on with my life. If and when they bother to reply I'll figure it out
same situation the only difference we havent done upfront medicals or nor have been asked by Ircc...just waiting.

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
I really think it would be a good idea to make a thread, a facebook group, whatever, for those with expired CoPR issued before March 18 that now are going to have to wait to be contacted by IRCC... This way we could see who's getting contacted and who's not, and infer hence their criteria.

I know of 1 person who received and his CoPR expired May 5th, which is old, so perhaps they are doing it by order of expiry date???
DO share the link of whats app group/facebook group if you know or have created...