+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
no approved after March 18 .... how it looks if I show them a booking of my ticket to meet my extended family member after completing my quarantine in Calgary Ab to Vancouver will that convince the officer
I would say just go with your current plan and make sure to have a convincing plan for arrangement of food and groceries at your stay without coming into contact with others. Immigration officers are not asking the same questions to everyone, some are just asking for PR card shipping address and some are going into details of quarantine stay and all. In the end your quarantine should be as per norms.

Best of luck for the journey.

Last edited:

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
I would say just go with your current plan and make sure to have a convincing plan for arrangement of food and groceries at your stay without coming into contact with others. Immigration officers are not asking the same questions to everyone, some are just asking for PR card shipping address and some are going into details of quarantine stay and all. In the end your quarantine should be as per norms.

Best of luck for the journey.
Thanks for your best wishes and suggestions

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thank you.
They did not ask anything apart from CoPR and address where PR card has to be posted.
Officer told me to follow quarantine rules but did not check any documents.
I have not taken any roaming plan.
A friend dropped me to place of quarantine.
Good luck.
Thanks!Good luck to you too!:)

SanitySeeker

Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

I received my COPR on 04th December 2020. I have been waiting since June 2019 (ITA, medicals done etc). My COPR and medicals expire on 31st March 2021.

(1) What can I do in the time being?
(2) Can I get ahead of the process and do a remedical? But how will the IRCC know it has been done and how will it help in extending my COPR?
(3) I read about people going with their COPR but no AL or extension. Any suggestions on this?

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Can local embassy grant Authorization Letter ? or it has to be from Visa office which issued CoPR ?
I contacted my local embassy regarding RTT and other information. And they seemed to have no clue. I literally had to point them to the IRCC website about expired CoPR and travel exemptions. Eventually their response was "this is handled by our headoffice in Ottawa, please contact them".
Anyways if you have time no harm trying.

Reactions: Casatoor

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
@JOW @adiljaved88 Hi guys what are you planning now? I am also in the similar boat. Do you suggest can we contact CIC if we need to go urgently?
I am planning on waiting Because I Have No Choice. I was about to raise my "ready to travel" web form when I discovered I'm not supposed to anymore. I'm not gonna contact them since they expressed in their website that I am not supposed to.
If you need to go urgently then... I don't know really... depends on how urgent and why. Officially you are not suppose to contact them, but if your case is exceptional... I don't know, it really depends on the specifics of your case I think...

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
@JOW @adiljaved88 Hi guys what are you planning now? I am also in the similar boat. Do you suggest can we contact CIC if we need to go urgently?
I really think it would be a good idea to make a thread, a facebook group, whatever, for those with expired CoPR issued before March 18 that now are going to have to wait to be contacted by IRCC... This way we could see who's getting contacted and who's not, and infer hence their criteria.

I know of 1 person who received and his CoPR expired May 5th, which is old, so perhaps they are doing it by order of expiry date???

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
no approved after March 18 .... how it looks if I show them a booking of my ticket to meet my extended family member after completing my quarantine in Calgary Ab to Vancouver will that convince the officer
I am not sure. The purpose of all this is to reduce the spread as much as possible. They may not even bother to look at your initial place of quarantine but if there is a discrepancy, they may question. No one knows the best way to convince an officer and during Covid it is much more difficult.
I would still prefer to complete my quarantine in Vancouver unless I have a very solid reason to fly to Calgary.

When are you flying?

jjos

Jan 5, 2021
Friends,

Do you think IRCC is still allowing 6 months extension from your initial medical expiry? or is it advisable to do upfront medical.

Thanks
ഗോഡ് ഒ
Friends,

Do you think IRCC is still allowing 6 months extension from your initial medical expiry? or is it advisable to do upfront medical.

Thanks
Got one year extension. Wait until you hear from IRCC

Sammie001

Jan 13, 2021
Has anybody submitted a webform in recent times and got like the usual confirmation/ do not reply email confirming the web form was received? I raised a webform responding to COPR renewal info request (email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa) on December 23 but I've not received the usual response to webform and I've also been calling IRCC and was told the response has not been entered.

I guess the holiday break may have caused lots of backlog but it's been over 2 weeks and I'm thinking of submitting another webform
SO I called IRCC again and spoke to an agent who was helpful. He confirmed to me that they are way behind on webforms which is the cause of the delay. Just incase someone needs this info ...