+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Hi there, my COPR was issued before March 2020 and it got expired in July 2020. I could not travel due to Covid and Lockdown in my country. Now I am ready to travel. I have never been contacted by IRCC.
Now I am planning to re do my medical exam by taking an appointment in the relevant clinic in my country with out any indication. My question is should I go ahead and submit my re medical exam results via clinic to my application? I hope I cleared myself. I will be very thankful if someone of you could help me with this decision. Thanks

ksk1947

Sep 21, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
09-09-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2020
Hi,
I have been lurking here for a while now and want to say thanks to everyone taking the time to help out on this group.
Can someone please suggest the best way to find out the validity of our medical exams?
ITA: Jul 2019
1st Med: Aug 2019 (says Exam results passed on Sep 4 2019 in GCKey acc)
COPR + PR Visa : Feb 2020
COPR + PR Visa Expiry : Aug 2020
RTT Webforms : Sept 2020 (no docs), Nov 2020 (with proof of funds, employment, quarantine plan)
VO: Ottawa
Nationality : Indian
Dependent : Spouse (has an offer letter for internal transfer to start on Feb 1, 2021, company is flexible to extend)
2nd Med : We are contemplating if we should do this upfront. Really want to avoid hospital visits.
Thanks!

Last edited:

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi there, my COPR was issued before March 2020 and it got expired in July 2020. I could not travel due to Covid and Lockdown in my country. Now I am ready to travel. I have never been contacted by IRCC.
Now I am planning to re do my medical exam by taking an appointment in the relevant clinic in my country with out any indication. My question is should I go ahead and submit my re medical exam results via clinic to my application? I hope I cleared myself. I will be very thankful if someone of you could help me with this decision. Thanks
I am EXACTLY in the same situation as you: CoPR issued before March 18, expired on August 1st, never contacted IRCC after it expired, only before it mentioning I would not make it and receiving, as answer, that it should be fine and I would have to raise a new web form to ask permission when I'm ready. Never raised and by now, according to IRCC's website info, I shouldn't, since we are since December 23rd supposed to wait to be contacted instead of contacting them ourselves through web form. So now I'm just waiting...

Regarding the re-medicals... Are you sure you are going to need it? Why don't you wait until they ask you? If you are sure you are going to need it and want to get ahead, then make sure the place you do it has the proper connection to IRCC. If so, you should be fine, if you read above, in this thread, I'm pretty sure someone did this before, that is, sent a re-medical exam without being asked, and it went well.

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Anyone else with similar situation??
What are your guys doing in such case?

If i raise a web form now, will there some issue?
Dude, all I know is that since December 23rd we (those with CoPR issued before March 18) have to wait. We are not supposed to raise RTT web form anymore... If you need to go urgently then... I don't know... I guess you ain't

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Thanks everyone for the help. I just got my AL. My copr expired on may 9th 2020, issued before Mar 18th.. i am a single applicant. Raised many webforms. Received remedical request on Nov 5th. Did remedicals on Nov 30th. Raised a webform with medical information sheet on Dec 8th. Received an email on Jan 9th "that my information has been verified and been forwarded to the responsible office". Just now on Jan 20th, received my AL email.not yet updated in my account though. I have to fly before Mar 20,2021and the AL is valid till dec 7,2021. And my visa office is New delhi.

Last edited:

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Thanks everyone for the help. I just got my AL. My copr expired on may 9th 2020, issued before May 18th.. i am a single applicant. Raised many webforms. Received remedical request on Nov 5th. Did remedicals on Nov 30th. Raised a webform with medical information sheet on Dec 8th. Received an email on Jan 9th "that my information has been verified and been forwarded to the responsible office". Just now on Jan 20th, received my AL email.not yet updated in my account though. I have to fly before Mar 20,2021and the AL is valid till dec 7,2021. And my visa office is New delhi.
Hope it gives everyone some hope! I pray for everyone who is waiting for this news. All the best guys.

Reactions: abhishekmishra19

Krish_JK

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Thanks everyone for the help. I just got my AL. My copr expired on may 9th 2020, issued before Mar 18th.. i am a single applicant. Raised many webforms. Received remedical request on Nov 5th. Did remedicals on Nov 30th. Raised a webform with medical information sheet on Dec 8th. Received an email on Jan 9th "that my information has been verified and been forwarded to the responsible office". Just now on Jan 20th, received my AL email.not yet updated in my account though. I have to fly before Mar 20,2021and the AL is valid till dec 7,2021. And my visa office is New delhi.
Congratulations.

Your post answers the question I wanted to ask now (about how much it took for someone to get AL after remedicals).

Reactions: Nikmal