30/08/2019
Passport Req..
10/10/2020
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2020
LANDED..........
17/01/2021
Hey everyone!

So, I took the risk and now as a PR, I’d like to share my experience of travelling during covid restrictions.

I am not from any of the exemptions groups. No relatives in Canada. No job. No work permit. No sponsor. No compassionate reasons. No Authorisation Letter.

Nationality: Brazil.

Country of Residence: Ireland.

Office: London

Stream: PNP-Outland

17/02/2018 - Creation of Saskatchewan Nominee Program (SNIP) profile (75/100 points)

27/02/2019 - ITA Saskatchewan - Skilled Workers: Occupation in Demand - 4151 - Psychologists

08/08/2019 - Saskatchewan Nomination (1013 points - EE)

12/08/2019 - ITA Express Entry

30/08/2019 - Medical Exam done (in Ireland)

24/09/2019 - Biometrics done [VAC Dublin]

07/04/2020 - Medical Pass

13/08/2020 - Passport Request [Etobicoke forwarding back to London Office]

20/08/2020 - Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)

26/08/2020 - Passport received at home with PRV

CoPR and Medical valid until April/2021.

I raised around 7 webforms saying I was ready to travel, with quarantine plan, etc, but only got generic responses.

Mailing PHAC they replied “By way of this email, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is of the opinion that you would likely be permitted entry to Canada, and would not likely be exempt from quarantine, based on the assessment below.”

CBSA replied: All decisions with regards to entry into Canada and exemptions to mandatory quarantine ultimately rest with the CBSA Border Services Officer (BSO) at the port of entry. Note that there are several factors that BSOs must take into account before determining whether a person is admissible into Canada, and each person will be dealt with in person on a case-by-case basis. The burden of proof rests with the foreign national seeking entry to Canada to satisfy the BSO they are admissible in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. In general a person must have in their possession appropriate travel documents and be personally admissible into Canada and support the validity of their activity.”

Attaching these two e-mails (no official letters, no signature or official paper) I created a folder with all my documents, Covid test, Airbnb, ArriveCAN, etc.

There’s only one direct flight AirCanada 843 (Dublin-Toronto). Latter December I booked for 31/1, connecting to Saskatoon. On Thursday 14/01/21 my flight was cancelled. Calling the airline, I’ve decided to anticipate to fly on 17/01/21.

At the airport in Dublin: during check-in at the counter (15min) the staff requested my passport, ArriveCAN and Covid test. She saw the PRV on my passport (issued on 20/08/20), asked me to low down the mask, matched info with ArriveCan, printed my boarding passes and said: have a safe trip! (no extra questions at all).

Security, normal.

At gate, I scanned my boarding pass, they checked my temperature and I got into the plane. (again, no further questions).

Toronto first check questions:

-Where did you come from?

-Have you been to the UK, or South America of the last 14 days?

-Do you have a negative covid test?

-ArriveCAN

-Place for quarantine? Who will deliver food?

-What’s the purpose of your trip? (I showed the COPR)

-Welcome to Canada! (10min)

(no questions about exemption, date of CoPR, Authorisation Letter, etc).

She guided me to the second check with Immigration:

-The officer requested Passport, CoPR, covid test, bank statement (mine was printed online from online banking), ArriveCAN, Address for PR card. She asked me to confirm and sign the info from my CoPR, signed my CoPR and passport, collected my fingerprints, gave me papers regarding SIN, Canadian documents, PR card. Wished me a good flight to Saskatoon and welcomed me as a new PR in Canada. (20min).

Toronto Airport was very quiet and the whole process was pretty quick. I didn’t have any hassle, no trouble, no extra questions, no intentions to deny entry from anyone. I had a folder with 40+ documents (from police certificates, professional licenses, EE profile, etc), and I only have to show: 1 - Passport, 2 - CoPR, 3 - PRV, 4 - ArriveCAN, 5 - Quarantine Plan, 6 - Proof of funds, 7 - Covid test. That was all.

Good luck you all!

dodge_JJ

Jan 10, 2021
Better to ask Immigration officials at port of entry. There are strict rules in place now.

One thing I know that you can apply for SIN online and use the acknowledgment of that for employment purposes till the time SIN number is issued to you.
thanks!

swack60

May 20, 2019
Great ! Congratulations !! One question, did they agree to process the PR cards as well and send them to a Canadian address ? I heard in some cases they are not processing PR cards on soft landing...
Thanks.

They have processed the application for our PR cards. I was able to link them in my cic portal.

Reactions: akl2312

swack60

May 20, 2019
Hey everyone!

So, I took the risk and now as a PR, I’d like to share my experience of travelling during covid restrictions.

I am not from any of the exemptions groups. No relatives in Canada. No job. No work permit. No sponsor. No compassionate reasons. No Authorisation Letter.

17/02/2018 - Creation of Saskatchewan Nominee Program (SNIP) profile (75/100 points)

27/02/2019 - ITA Saskatchewan - Skilled Workers: Occupation in Demand - 4151 - Psychologists

I raised around 7 webforms saying I was ready to travel, with quarantine plan, etc, but only got generic responses.

Mailing PHAC they replied “By way of this email, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is of the opinion that you would likely be permitted entry to Canada, and would not likely be exempt from quarantine, based on the assessment below.”

CBSA replied: All decisions with regards to entry into Canada and exemptions to mandatory quarantine ultimately rest with the CBSA Border Services Officer (BSO) at the port of entry. Note that there are several factors that BSOs must take into account before determining whether a person is admissible into Canada, and each person will be dealt with in person on a case-by-case basis. The burden of proof rests with the foreign national seeking entry to Canada to satisfy the BSO they are admissible in accordance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. In general a person must have in their possession appropriate travel documents and be personally admissible into Canada and support the validity of their activity.”

Attaching these two e-mails (no official letters, no signature or official paper) I created a folder with all my documents, Covid test, Airbnb, ArriveCAN, etc.

There’s only one direct flight AirCanada 843 (Dublin-Toronto). Latter December I booked for 31/1, connecting to Saskatoon. On Thursday 14/01/21 my flight was cancelled. Calling the airline, I’ve decided to anticipate to fly on 17/01/21.

At the airport in Dublin: during check-in at the counter (15min) the staff requested my passport, ArriveCAN and Covid test. She saw the PRV on my passport (issued on 20/08/20), asked me to low down the mask, matched info with ArriveCan, printed my boarding passes and said: have a safe trip! (no extra questions at all).

Security, normal.

At gate, I scanned my boarding pass, they checked my temperature and I got into the plane. (again, no further questions).

-ArriveCAN

-The officer requested Passport, CoPR, covid test, bank statement (mine was printed online from online banking), ArriveCAN, Address for PR card. She asked me to confirm and sign the info from my CoPR, signed my CoPR and passport, collected my fingerprints, gave me papers regarding SIN, Canadian documents, PR card. Wished me a good flight to Saskatoon and welcomed me as a new PR in Canada. (20min).

Toronto Airport was very quiet and the whole process was pretty quick. I didn’t have any hassle, no trouble, no extra questions, no intentions to deny entry from anyone. I had a folder with 40+ documents (from police certificates, professional licenses, EE profile, etc), and I only have to show: 1 - Passport, 2 - CoPR, 3 - PRV, 4 - ArriveCAN, 5 - Quarantine Plan, 6 - Proof of funds, 7 - Covid test. That was all.

Good luck you all!
Congratulations!

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi all,
I got the AL this morning!!
But I now have a new problem. I also just received my new passport yesterday. The AL has my old PP number.
Anybody in similar situation? What do i do??

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey everyone!

Security, normal.

-ArriveCAN

Good luck you all!
"gave me papers regarding SIN" -> What is this?

Are they giving SIN at immigrations?

Congratulations on your successful landing.

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
URGENT HELP REQUIRED
Hello guys, hope things are fine with you all.

I got COPR in Dec 2019, expired in July 2020.
I havent raised any web form yet for ready to travel. Now, i read on website that we cant raise web form (which earlier they told via email)

Now, what should i do if I want to travel urgently to Canada?
Should I contact them?
If i dont contact them, by when can i expect my AL basis experience of other people with similar timelines.

PLEASE HELP
Anyone else with similar situation??
What are your guys doing in such case?

If i raise a web form now, will there some issue?

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
If you have a AL, you can travel. If you chose not to, then you will have to get back to IRCC and request AL or wait until when the situation is back to normal.

The new rules and guidelines all came up in the last few months and there is no standard protocol for them.

If your AL expires and you do not travel then you will have to wait until travel restrictions are eased or you obtain a new one. Until how long you may have to wait, no one knows.
It is the however long the wait is that concerns me. As much as I want to think that the wait time will be shorter this second time around, I know how it was during the first. Thank you for your helpful insight @legalfalcon.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Jagruthi_p

Jan 13, 2021
Received 7pt email on 18/12/2020
Replied to the questions on the same day!
Yesterday I got an email exactly after one month 18/1/2021

***Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed***

My question : Can any one tell how much time does it take to get AL after this email?

Thanks in advance !

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Anyone else with similar situation??
What are your guys doing in such case?

If i raise a web form now, will there some issue?
It seems that you just came from hibernation. If you are ready to travel now then you need to demonstrate your quarantine stay, employment plans, proposed travel plans and sufficient funds to settle in Canada.

Just raise a webform with all the information mentioned above along with some proofs. It's a waiting game TBH

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
Received 7pt email on 18/12/2020
Replied to the questions on the same day!
Yesterday I got an email exactly after one month 18/1/2021

***Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed***

My question : Can any one tell how much time does it take to get AL after this email?

Thanks in advance !
Like you, I received a response about after 1 month that it's been "forwarded to the responsible office." That was in July but, in my case, I needed a re-medical, which I got the request for around 4 months later. It just varies.

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
Hey everyone!

Security, normal.

-ArriveCAN

Good luck you all!
Thank you for this detailed share of your landing experience. It's very helpful.

Jagruthi_p

Jan 13, 2021
Like you, I received a response about after 1 month that it's been "forwarded to the responsible office." That was in July but, in my case, I needed a re-medical, which I got the request for around 4 months later. It just varies.
In my case , Along with 7pt email they asked me to redo medicals..
had done immediately the next day 19/12/2020
23/12/2020 medicals passed
Waiting for AL eagerly!!