+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

shrutiY

Jul 10, 2016
Hey all, thanks for the people in this group who helped me, Received my AL last week.
Received 7pt Email on Dec 2nd, replied on Dec 3rd. Submitted 3 webforms until Jan 7th, Received AL on Jan 14th, my AL expiries on Jan 21 as my medicals expiries on Jan 21, 2021.

ImmiVi

Feb 26, 2020
Hi Guys I have few questions regarding medicals expiring, do they expire the day we take them (like in my case I took them in Jan 2020) or the day they have been passed on my application (in March 2020)? Also should I raise a web request to extend them, does it help in extending the medicals?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
An update
I sent a request via webform, to extend the validity of the COPR issued to me and my dependents.
While the medicals of my dependants has a longer validity, mine is sooner.
I have received an update asking to do my medicals alone.

As of now, my account is back to active again. The counterfoil with details of the COPR in my account has all disappeared.
Is this normal or a concern?
Will the COPRs be reissued after the medical, since it is only mine they have asked for?

@legalfalcon @whyCorona @crackMBA your valuable insight is much appreciated.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
An update
I sent a request via webform, to extend the validity of the COPR issued to me and my dependents.

As of now, my account is back to active again. The counterfoil with details of the COPR in my account has all disappeared.
Will the COPRs be reissued after the medical, since it is only mine they have asked for?

I have not been asked for re-med but people got new COPR after doing re-med usually.

Reactions: Titanium

Elan87

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Dear seniors I am in a situation hope someone can help me out. I got PR approved on Aug 2019 I did my landing and got PR. my wife and daughter COPR got expired on June 2020 they are in India . I did more then 20 webform but no response. Any idea how to get the COPR extension any help will be appreciated. I have done RTT webform too but no use.

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Hi ,

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in US. I have received the 7 point email, IRCC mentioned they extended my medical exam validity; and my medicals now expire on June 17, 2021. They want to know if I am ready, willing, and able to travel before the expiry date of my medicals.

I have few reservations about the below requested questions.

What is the approximate date/week on which you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable) want to travel to Canada?
While I will be able to travel before June, many here said to mention that I am ready to travel in 15-20 days. Will IRCC not extend my COPR if I mention a date in March/April?

Do you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada? Important: The Government of Canada cannot not make arrangements for, or pay for, quarantine arrangements?
Can I mention my expected quarantine plan as I haven't booked a hotel/Airbnb yet as they mentioned in the email IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.

Also, could someone explain me how AL works? Do they provide AL till end of Medicals? My Initial COPR was sent before March 18th

Any insights on these questions help.

@crackMBA @shevachuyi @whyCorona @andrella_malton : Tagging y'all since you went through the same email process.

Regards,
Vivek

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi ,

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in US. I have received the 7 point email, IRCC mentioned they extended my medical exam validity; and my medicals now expire on June 17, 2021. They want to know if I am ready, willing, and able to travel before the expiry date of my medicals.

What is the approximate date/week on which you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable) want to travel to Canada?
While I will be able to travel before June, many here said to mention that I am ready to travel in 15-20 days. Will IRCC not extend my COPR if I mention a date in March/April?

Do you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada? Important: The Government of Canada cannot not make arrangements for, or pay for, quarantine arrangements?
Can I mention my expected quarantine plan as I haven't booked a hotel/Airbnb yet as they mentioned in the email IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.

Also, could someone explain me how AL works? Do they provide AL till end of Medicals? My Initial COPR was sent before March 18th

@crackMBA @shevachuyi @whyCorona @andrella_malton : Tagging y'all since you went through the same email process.

Regards,
Vivek
These emails are sent with the purpose of AL. ALs are issued if you are ready to travel in next 60 days or so but there are cases where AL are issued for 1 month or 15 days.

If you are not ready to travel in next 60 days then mention whatever date you are willing to travel.

Mention your quarantine stay with some proofs (e.g. email from owner). Avoid attaching just the screenshots. You can mention your proposed travel plan instead of booking the flights prior to AL.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
An update

Yes, this is normal. You need to redo the meds as instructed in order to issue a AL or new CoPR.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
So people with new visa/ COPR getting for first time can travel?
I was talking about before Mar 18 approved applicants!!

People with visa/ COPR getting for first time can't travel yet as per the exemptions !!!

However, I heard some post Mar 18 approved applicants took the risk of travelling and succeeded as well!!

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi ,

Regards,
Vivek
As per my experience IRCC wont care what is your approximate date of travel. If you say April 1st as tentative date but you get an AL on Feb 1st then your AL will be valid till April 1st(In majority cases AL is valid till 60 days).

I just mentioned that an Airbnb/Hotel will be booked once AL is received. Different people replied differently.

Mostly AL is valid till you medical expiration date or 60 days after it is issued, whichever comes first.

swack60

May 20, 2019
Hi All..
I have an update on CoPR extension and AL.

I got the email for AL this morning from centralized intake office and my portal has updated with new counterfoil along with the expired one.
Raised multiple webforms over the period of April~July as I had a job offer but all of no use..just had received the generic responses. 4 pointer email was received and replied on July. After that dead silence and I had to let the job offer go :(.

Fast forward to December:
December 8: application was reopened, final approval was removed from the portal.
December 8: Medical passed changed to "you do not need a medical exam", Background check and review of eligibility in progress.
December 18: Got the AL in email, saying using this letter along with expired PRV, CoPR to travel. The portal has updated with medical passed on Dec 18, 2020, new counterfoil and application is moved to approved state.

new CoPR expiration- April 06, 2021; AL is valid till- Feb 16, 2021.

Initial CoPR expired on Apr 24, 2020. Medical was extended automatically to April 07, 2021.

CoPR extension process is just a game of patience at this point. Hope you all shall get it sooner than later.
Thank you all. I believe-- those who are waiting. your CoPR extension is just around the corner.

P.S. I am in US, thinking about soft landing now. I am wondering if anyone has utilized the automatic visa revalidation option for returning to US or can point me to any threads for the same. Also I would love your inputs on whether I should consider applying for SIN during this temporary visit or apply later once move to settle permanently.
Update regrading the soft-lading with expired CoPR and AL:
We did a soft landing through the land border at Fort Frances Bridge. Initially we were thinking about crossing through Grand Portage, MN/ Pigeon River, but after reading a post in Ask Kubeir Post PPR group, decided to go to International Falls, MN/Fort Fran Bridge.

Canadian border post:
With the Ontario lockdown and travel ban for non-essential travels, the border was free from traffic. There was one lorry in front of us and it got cleared within 5 mins. As we proceeded to the booth, we were greeted by an officer and wanted to see our passports and reasons for the visit. Told him about the PR and the plan to return to US once we finalize the process here. He took around 10~15 min to go through the expired visas, expired CoPRs, ALs; then asked us to pull over in front and wait in the vehicle for someone to come (kept all the documents with him). Two officers came shortly after and were asking about email address, phone number, address, any firearms/alcohol/tobacco etc. Then a lady officer came and informed us that she will be processing our paperwork for permanent residency and this is her first time of doing so. We were instructed to stay in the vehicle, and she went back to the office. Took about 3 hrs to finish the whole process including goods to follow (GTF). At the end we were asked to sign the CoPRs, GTF and welcomed as permanent residents. As we are going back on the same day, she said quarantine rules are not applicable, but reminded-not to visit anywhere in Canada and it is best if we return to US from there itself. Told her that is exactly what we were looking for. Made a turn to enter US after thanking her for the help. All the officers were super friendly, and the process was smooth.

US Border Post:
Similarly, no traffic. There was one car in front of us and it got cleared in about 10 mins. We were asked about the documents. Handed over valid passports, expired passports with expired visas, i20s and most recent i94s. As a backup I kept the printouts from the travelstateusa.gov and CBP websites regarding automatic visa revalidation rules but didn’t have to present it. The officer went inside to discuss with someone probably and came back to ask about questions like.….how long we have been living in US, when did we go to Canada, How long we are planning to stay in US, when we are moving to Canada permanently, Questions around my studies, Jobs etc. After that he returned all the documents and said welcome to US. I checked the passports and observed there is no entry stamps. Asked about the same and he confirmed that we won’t be needing any, it is checked and validated in the SEVIS itself. We thanked and took off. Overall process was done within 15 mins.

All the best. I hope this helps.

Disclaimer: Although I hope that it works for everyone, it is not guaranteed. Please do some research on your own and decide for yourself whether taking the risks. I just wanted to share our experience and provide details around it, so you have some idea about what to expect.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Quick update for all those folks who got a new counterfoil updated on 7th January 2021 and the same is valid till 27 February 2021:

I just had a word with the IRCC call center agent and she said after looking at my GC key account details that AL is ready to be mailed and any time soon I will be receiving the AL over the email or in the GC key account.

Also, in case if I haven't received the AL by next week then I should contact IRCC so that they can issue me an AL on priority basis.

Hope this helps :)
Hi Vishal,

Did you get your AL? Please could you provide any update that you have. Will be helpful. Thanks.

Regards,
Kirti

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Update regrading the soft-lading with expired CoPR and AL:
We did a soft landing through the land border at Fort Frances Bridge. Initially we were thinking about crossing through Grand Portage, MN/ Pigeon River, but after reading a post in Ask Kubeir Post PPR group, decided to go to International Falls, MN/Fort Fran Bridge.

Canadian border post:
With the Ontario lockdown and travel ban for non-essential travels, the border was free from traffic. There was one lorry in front of us and it got cleared within 5 mins. As we proceeded to the booth, we were greeted by an officer and wanted to see our passports and reasons for the visit. Told him about the PR and the plan to return to US once we finalize the process here. He took around 10~15 min to go through the expired visas, expired CoPRs, ALs; then asked us to pull over in front and wait in the vehicle for someone to come (kept all the documents with him). Two officers came shortly after and were asking about email address, phone number, address, any firearms/alcohol/tobacco etc. Then a lady officer came and informed us that she will be processing our paperwork for permanent residency and this is her first time of doing so. We were instructed to stay in the vehicle, and she went back to the office. Took about 3 hrs to finish the whole process including goods to follow (GTF). At the end we were asked to sign the CoPRs, GTF and welcomed as permanent residents. As we are going back on the same day, she said quarantine rules are not applicable, but reminded-not to visit anywhere in Canada and it is best if we return to US from there itself. Told her that is exactly what we were looking for. Made a turn to enter US after thanking her for the help. All the officers were super friendly, and the process was smooth.

US Border Post:
Similarly, no traffic. There was one car in front of us and it got cleared in about 10 mins. We were asked about the documents. Handed over valid passports, expired passports with expired visas, i20s and most recent i94s. As a backup I kept the printouts from the travelstateusa.gov and CBP websites regarding automatic visa revalidation rules but didn’t have to present it. The officer went inside to discuss with someone probably and came back to ask about questions like.….how long we have been living in US, when did we go to Canada, How long we are planning to stay in US, when we are moving to Canada permanently, Questions around my studies, Jobs etc. After that he returned all the documents and said welcome to US. I checked the passports and observed there is no entry stamps. Asked about the same and he confirmed that we won’t be needing any, it is checked and validated in the SEVIS itself. We thanked and took off. Overall process was done within 15 mins.

All the best. I hope this helps.

Disclaimer: Although I hope that it works for everyone, it is not guaranteed. Please do some research on your own and decide for yourself whether taking the risks. I just wanted to share our experience and provide details around it, so you have some idea about what to expect.
WOW! Risky.. but WOW! Congratulations!

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Hi there.. My COPR was issued before 18 March and it got expired in July 2020. Now I am ready to travel but I am not suppose to raise a ready to travel web form. I was wondering is there someone here who is in same boat as me and got contacted by IRCC asking if they are ready to travel post post 23 Dec. Thanks