+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Greetings. I am relatively new here, and would appreciate some help with this:

1. My COPR was issued prior to March 18th 2020, and the expiration date was May 3rd 2020.
2. I raised my first RTT web form in the last week of September 2020 (however, I did not provide any supporting documents, and neither did I receive any 4 pointer email prior to this).
3. I raised my second RTT web form on the 17th of December 2020 with supporting documents (Proof of Funds, a Quarantine Plan mentioning that I was willing to book a flight ticket as soon as I would be issued a new COPR/ETA and also an AirBNB where I would use apps like InstaCart, Cornershop, GOcery etc. to purchase groceries, as well as some screenshots from LinkedIn/Indeed.ca etc. explaining that I was actively searching for a job and that would intensify my search by approaching HR managers when physically in Canada).
4. On 7th January 2021, I received a reply saying that my plan was insufficient ("specifically, you do not meet the requirements.....as you have not provided an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days upon your arrival in Canada such as proof of funds and a plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.").

HOWEVER, much to my relief, the letter also said that "Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction is lifted or until demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above."
5. On 8th January 2021, my profile was updated (it went from 'completed' to 'processing').
6. On 12th January 2021, I received an email saying that my medical had been extended to February 28th 2021, and that I had 10 days to reply to the email if I wanted to fly out before the expiration of my medical. The same email also said that a future extension would not be guaranteed without a re-medical.

While I am honestly not looking forward to flying out on such short notice, I am more than happy to be given the opportunity to do so after 10 months of uncertainty. I would appreciate any feedback on the matter, particularly: How do I respond in order to make sure that my plan seems legitimate?/Should I consider the possibility of flying out later (with a fresh medical), or is that risking too much? etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this.

P.S: I am an Indian applicant from New Delhi.

Hi.

Exactly this is what happened to me.

I first got an email saying my plan was insufficient. I replied to them the same day with a detailed quarantine and travel plan. I even went ahead and booked accommodation for a month (i did a booking on booking.com with free cancellation). even shared the details of the closest grocery stores that were offering online deliveries.

about a week ago I got a reply saying that "medical had been extended to February 28th, 2021, and that I had 10 days to reply to the email if I wanted to fly out before the expiration of my medical. The same email also said that a future extension would not be guaranteed without a re-medical."(sorry copy-pasted what you said in the post, as it was the exact thing for me, even with the same medical dates).

I went ahead and replied to them saying I am willing and want to go to Canada as soon as possible. Considering the content of the email i assumed i will be issued an AL soon as I was ready and my medical was extended.

3 days after I replied with the filled form, God knows what happened got a new email saying I was asked to do my medical exams !!!.

I honestly don't know what is happening with IRCC. first, they tell me that my medical is extended and I should travel before that date, when I say I am ready they ask to do the medical anyways.

I could be very wrong, but I feel more than 2 IRCC agents are working on one application and these 2 agents don't know what the other is doing. because half of the communication is coming to my emails directly the other half communication through my GCKEY profile. I can't think of any other reason for this confusion.

Anyway, I hope you are not asked to do medicals, and good luck :)

Reactions: Kay Cee

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Hi.

Exactly this is what happened to me.

I first got an email saying my plan was insufficient. I replied to them the same day with a detailed quarantine and travel plan. I even went ahead and booked accommodation for a month (i did a booking on booking.com with free cancellation). even shared the details of the closest grocery stores that were offering online deliveries.

about a week ago I got a reply saying that "medical had been extended to February 28th, 2021, and that I had 10 days to reply to the email if I wanted to fly out before the expiration of my medical. The same email also said that a future extension would not be guaranteed without a re-medical."(sorry copy-pasted what you said in the post, as it was the exact thing for me, even with the same medical dates).

I went ahead and replied to them saying I am willing and want to go to Canada as soon as possible. Considering the content of the email i assumed i will be issued an AL soon as I was ready and my medical was extended.

3 days after I replied with the filled form, God knows what happened got a new email saying I was asked to do my medical exams !!!.

I honestly don't know what is happening with IRCC. first, they tell me that my medical is extended and I should travel before that date, when I say I am ready they ask to do the medical anyways.

I could be very wrong, but I feel more than 2 IRCC agents are working on one application and these 2 agents don't know what the other is doing. because half of the communication is coming to my emails directly the other half communication through my GCKEY profile. I can't think of any other reason for this confusion.

Anyway, I hope you are not asked to do medicals, and good luck :)
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

I will be replying to the '10 days' email by tomorrow or day after, and was wondering how you answered this last question "Do you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada? Important: The Government of Canada cannot not make arrangements for, or pay for, quarantine arrangements."

Did you provide the same details as your initial email (booking.com etc.)? What about your transportation from the airport to the accommodation, medical services, essentials etc.?

Any input will be immensely appreciated!

Thanks and regards.

Reactions: Penumetcha

amit123nik

Jan 15, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

I will be replying to the '10 days' email by tomorrow or day after, and was wondering how you answered this last question "Do you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada? Important: The Government of Canada cannot not make arrangements for, or pay for, quarantine arrangements."

Did you provide the same details as your initial email (booking.com etc.)? What about your transportation from the airport to the accommodation, medical services, essentials etc.?

Any input will be immensely appreciated!

Thanks and regards.
Hi

So for that question I didn't share the booking details or about transportation. I informed them that I have already shared a detailed plan about accomodation and getting groceries and medicines etc. And that if needed be I can share the plan again.

I was under the assumption that this email is all about informing them that I am ready and willing to travel within the medical exams validity.

BekkyO

Sep 26, 2020
Visa expired- 2 June 2020.
Submitted 3-4 webforms with every single details like insurance, grocery, proof of funds, quarantine plan.
Re-medical done- 18 Nov 2020
Re-medical updated-29 Nov 2020
Finally recieved my AL today. It expires on 14 March 2021.
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: AD94

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Hello Friends,

My COPR expired in May 2020 and since then I have got no update. I have tried to read the last few pages in order to see if there is a trend. Is there a possibility that those who did not give details about the quarantine plan in their Ready to Travel webforms are not receiving renewals? Reading at your posts, I have realized that I did a bad job in my webforms, i.e., did not give enough details about the quarantine plan, proof of funds, etc. I am afraid if this could delay my renewal. Are there people here who did not give much detail and yet received a renewal?

Kavitaforpt

Aug 17, 2018
Dear all,

I will be writing to IRCC COMMITTEE FOR RECOMMENDATION on how the expired COPRS CASES COULD HAVE BEEN better handled or should be handled for the ones who are still waiting a decision
even the ones issued post March 18th will have an expired COPR and that will be handled too ..
I hope in a rather professional manner than us
Can you help me compiling the points that we can recommend -
Admin help would be required!!
Please tag me for the points you mention
Once I compile I will share the points and the final letter to you all too

Reactions: Dell2018

Kavitaforpt

Aug 17, 2018
Dear all,

I will be writing to IRCC COMMITTEE FOR RECOMMENDATION on how the expired COPRS CASES COULD HAVE BEEN better handled or should be handled for the ones who are still waiting a decision
even the ones issued post March 18th will have an expired COPR and that will be handled too ..
I hope in a rather professional manner than us
Can you help me compiling the points that we can recommend -
Admin help would be required!!
Please tag me for the points you mention
Once I compile I will share the points and the final letter to you all too

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi All-
My COPR expired June 2020.I raised couple of RTT webforms and always got generic replies.Today i was able to get through an IRCC agent and all she could tell me was that IRCC will contact you and give the instructions on what to do next.Looks like it is a waiting game now.
Anyone else with similar experience?