+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Omd19

Jan 14, 2021
For how long have the current travel restrictions been put in place? And any predictions on how long they may last?

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
I do not understand why this question of "Can anybody travel with new Visa stamping and CoPR issued" for CoPR holders approved before Mar 18 2020 keeps popping up again and again!!!!!

IRCC is issuing new CoPRs/VISA to the expired CoPR holders after waiting for almost 8+ long months for what? to keep them in a locker!!!!!

People with New VISA/CoPR does not fall under AL criteria at all!!

To all my fellow applicants with approved CoPRs before Mar 18, who later got new CoPRs and VISA stampings,,,,carry both old ones and the new ones during your travel to Canada,,,,,any sane person would understand by looking at the documents that you are clearly exempted,,,,,,Happy Journey!!!
Quite frankly, it is not as simple as you're making it out to be. People who got their COPRs re-approved and got their passports re-stamped, and have NO Authorisation Letter, are NOT "exempt". It is completely the airlines' discretion whether to consider the old expired document. I'm paraphrasing my consultant, who works at one of the largest Canadian immigration consultancy firms in North India: "IRCC has no idea what they are doing. There are internal conflicts within their departments, and no coordination whatsoever between teams."

You say that why is Canada issuing people COPRs - "to keep them in lockers?". Well, why was IRCC issuing COPRs after March 18th at all, when the lockdown was announced? They continued to accept passports and issue stamps until 23rd March. There are approximately 2000-3000 people like me who got their COPRs between March 18th and March 23rd. So why were we issued PRVs? Why are new COPRs being issued today, with an accompanying note clearly telling the beneficiary "YOU CANNOT TRAVEL".
IRCC's actions are nothing short of scandalous here. They are toying with people's lives, denigrating them everyday, and there is no accountability.

Reactions: Copernicus

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Seriously It looks like as if only I am the one not receiving any updates from them ? Don’t know what to do whom to ask as they clearly are not replying now
You are not alone, im also not getting any updates in my gc acct. Remeds done nov. but still no single update. Last email from ircc dec.5 just acknowledgement that they have received the docs that i have sent..

Reactions: tusa47

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
You still have some hope that you might travel before 17th March 2021 if travel restrictions are eased out a bit for you in coming days. So its better to ask for CoPR extension when there is 0% chance of you travelling to Canada with your current CoPR and PRV.

You are fortunate that you know the outcome as your CoPR is issued when travel restrictions are in place. There are many including me who were approved and had flight bookings prior to announcement of travel restrictions (18th March 2020) and got stunned.
Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by 0% chance? You mean after COPR expiry? Can I ask for extension now? I am afraid that I will have few days to prepare and travel, and I will not be ready to settle in Canada so I will be doing soft landing.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thank you for your reply. What do you mean by 0% chance? You mean after COPR expiry? Can I ask for extension now? I am afraid that I will have few days to prepare and travel, and I will not be ready to settle in Canada so I will be doing soft landing.
Let the travel restrictions ease out and travel or ask for extension once your CoPR is about to expire. If IRCC lifts travel restriction on say 2 weeks before your CoPR expiry then what you gonna do? Travel or not travel?

Soft landing is not encouraged by IRCC at the moment.

Omd19

Jan 14, 2021
Let the travel restrictions ease out and travel or ask for extension once your CoPR is about to expire. If IRCC lifts travel restriction on say 2 weeks before your CoPR expiry then what you gonna do? Travel or not travel?

What does soft landing mean please?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Authorisation letter was sent to me via an email. However, Gc-key wasn't updated by them.(must be some technical error). So I was not allowed to board a flight on October 18, which I shared in this forum. After contacting IRCC they rectified that error and informed me through email. I checked in Gc-key account, it was showing application approved and new details were attached to my passport. But still had doubts, however took a chance to go since, no other thing was showing pending. My advice to persons receiving an AL, just don't go straightaway, let your new details get reflected in your Gc-key account .
Hi @Canada_Pr4u ,
how did you contacted IRCC to have gckey updated? I am in same situation, I have AL but GCKey is not updated with latest details and it's almost a week I have received the AL. I already had raised webform but no response yet. is there any email to contact them for this issue?
Please advice.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
My story for informing/keeping the hopes up for others as that what's the comments here have done for me.
  • April 2020: Copr Expired
  • 17th Dec 2020: Ready to Travel webform
  • 25th Dec 2020: 7 pointer email with medicals extended to April 2021
  • 10th Jan 2021: GC update with new counterfoil valid till April 2021
  • 13th Jan 2021: AL received. Valid to travel before 13th March.
Not sure what my VO is.
Wow you're so lucky. Paris VO is so slow I don't even know if I'll ever be able to fly outta here.

Good luck on your journey!

Reactions: Ak_911

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
What does soft landing mean please?
Landing softly or gently without letting IRCC know your hidden motive that you will be going back to your country after activating your PR status at airport the day you land with your CoPR. Usually people come back at later point of time with PR card (shipped by relatives or friends to their home countries) or PRTD to do the hard landing for settling and moving to Canada.

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016

If travel restrictions are lift 2 weeks before COPR expiry, certainly I can't travel as I can't prepare everything in this short time. In this case can I ask for extension? I mean what are the conditions one can ask for extension? Can I ask for it before COPR expiry or it should be after? and what if the travel restrictions still active until the COPR expiry?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
If travel restrictions are lift 2 weeks before COPR expiry, certainly I can't travel as I can't prepare everything in this short time. In this case can I ask for extension? I mean what are the conditions one can ask for extension? Can I ask for it before COPR expiry or it should be after? and what if the travel restrictions still active until the COPR expiry?
You can ask for extension anytime but I would suggest to raise it close to your CoPR expiry.

Reactions: ezio

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
I remember this conversation. I would say just wait for the email and see what they have mentioned. Till now IRCC is not forcing anyone to travel within the next 60 days. They are giving them an option but everything has a limit. They may not be able to extend after a certain limit.
Dear @crackMBA ,

Thank you for the response, I remember that you were the 1st one to reply for my previous posting as well. Sorry for the late response, I wasn't in a position to access the forum. So far I haven't received any mail, if I have to move then I'm planning to move with my family and I shall return back to UAE and leave after a year or two. Recently one of my colleague did the same. He spent his 14 days mandatory quarantine post which he was there in Toronto for 10 days to get the bank account, phone etc set on his name and returned back to UAE. There were no questions asked in the border during his exit.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I really don't know what to do. How long should we wait again. Others are getting updates either on GC key account or by email. We r not getting anything.
Can't do anything right now. I raised 3 webforms in Nov, Dec and Jan and haven't recieved a single reply. Looks like they've stopped replying to webforms. When I called them, they said my file is with NDVO and they can't give me more info.

No other option other than waiting till they reach our case. They seem to be prioritising family reunification and family applicants over single ones. Thinking of applying for GCMS notes.

Trying my best to stay positive and not lose hope.

Reactions: Kalika18 and simwas