+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Yeah. Even I do not know. You can book AC and change if they are not able to fly on the given date.
Yeah thats the only option i have.. hope everything will be smooth.. i will keep this posted.
i dont want to delay this anymore. This is happening after 1 year of waiting time.

Reactions: crackMBA

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey I received this after they updated my GCkey with new counterfoil. What did you guys fill up?. Did anyone get an AL after sending this ? and how long did it take to receive it?
I have not received anything. I just gave simple answers with no explanations or supporting docs.

Max taylor

Jan 10, 2021
Hi I’m currently in Canada on visit visa. I’ve got an email regarding my credentials on 4th January 2020. I’ve submitted my address for PR card and photographs for PR. They said I will get EcoPR and after that I’ll get my PR on my mailing address. How long it’s going to take for my ECoPR and after that what will be procedure. Plus I would like to know do I have to travel or do landing or virtual landing please guide me. Thank you

immigrant2020

Jul 8, 2020
Just wanted to post a community update:
I had gotten my medicals done in Sept 2019, got my CoPR in Feb 2020, expired in Aug 2020. I had let IRCC know that I won't be able to travel to Canada in June 2020 to which they responded saying I can fill the webform whenever I'm ready.

I filled the webform on Dec 31 2020 letting them know I'm ready to travel. I don't think they specifically got to this webform really, but today I incidentally happened to get the 'Are you able to travel to Canada soon?' email from IRCC. They also extended validity of my medicals till July 2021.

Here's the text from that email:
Are you able to travel to Canada soon?
Please reply to this email within 10 days if you are able to travel to Canada soon and meet the conditions below
Dear client,

Our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• Your permanent residence application was approved.
  • The date of issue on the confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document that was sent to you and your family members, if applicable is on or before March 18, 2020.
  • You and your family members, if applicable, have not used your CoPR to enter Canada.
  • The validity date on your CoPR (i.e. the date by which you needed to travel to Canada) has passed and your document has therefore expired.
  • Based on your specific case details and as an exceptional response to COVID-19, IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity; your medicals now expire on <new date here>
IRCC wants to confirm that:
  • You still want to travel to Canada to become a new permanent resident; please note that IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel before the current expiry date of your medical exams, in your case, <new date here>. This validity may not be further extended, without you re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel to Canada on a valid passport by <new date here>
  • There are no COVID-19 restrictions to prevent you from leaving your country.
  • There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating.
  • Your plan is to stay in Canada permanently.
  • You are able to arrange and cover the costs to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada.
If you fulfill all the conditions above, please reply to this email at <their-email-address-here> within 10 days and answer the questions using the response letter template below to help us better understand your situation.
Please respond to this email ONLY if you are sure that you could travel to Canada soon.
Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

IRCC will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Response letter to IRCC
To: <their-email-address-here>

Hi IRCC,

I am confirming that I am ready to travel to Canada with a valid passport before June 25, 2021.

Please find my answers below.

Information About My Application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
    Answer:
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
    Answer:
  • Application number:<redacted>
  • Class of application:
    Skilled Worker – Federal
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
    Answer:
  • Current country of residence:
    Answer:
  • Date your PR visa expired:
    Answer:
  • Full names of family members, including your spouse and dependent children, who are planning to travel to Canada with you:
    Answer:
My Situation
  • Are you and your family members, if applicable, still interested in immigrating to Canada, even though your PR visas have expired? (If you answer “no”, it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions.)
    Answer:
  • What is the approximate date/week on which you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable) want to travel to Canada?
    Answer:
  • What could be your travel itinerary, including any transfers, you would use if IRCC can re-issue documents for you and if you were to purchase plane tickets soon?
    Answer:
  • Are there currently direct flights to Canada from your current location?
    Answer:
  • If there are no direct flights, do you have the necessary visas to transit through other countries?
    Answer:
  • Are there any border restrictions preventing you from leaving the country where you are currently staying?
    Answer:
  • Do you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada? Important: The Government of Canada cannot not make arrangements for, or pay for, quarantine arrangements.
    Answer:
Is there any other information you would like to provide about your/your family’s situation?
Answer:

Reactions: gtcan19

Max taylor

Jan 10, 2021
I had gotten my medicals done in Sept 2019, got my CoPR in Feb 2020, expired in Aug 2020. I had let IRCC know that I won't be able to travel to Canada in June 2020 to which they responded saying I can fill the webform whenever I'm ready.

I filled the webform on Dec 31 2020 letting them know I'm ready to travel. I don't think they specifically got to this webform really, but today I incidentally happened to get the 'Are you able to travel to Canada soon?' email from IRCC. They also extended validity of my medicals till July 2021.

But I’m already in Canada. I’m not outside Canada that’s the thing. How long it takes to get EcoPR and on EcoPR can I travel ?

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
I called IRCC yesterday and spoke with an agent who verified all my information. I explained my case that I've received counter foil in my gckey on 7th Jan and haven't gotten the AL. She said that the new counter foil update is enough for you to travel. Don't wait for the authorisation letter.

Max taylor

Jan 10, 2021
I called IRCC yesterday and spoke with an agent who verified all my information. I explained my case that I've received counter foil in my gckey on 7th Jan and haven't gotten the AL. She said that the new counter foil update is enough for you to travel. Don't wait for the authorisation letter.
Can you please tell me the number and guide please

Ecast

Feb 7, 2020
Same boat with you on receiving the mail and not replying. Would be interesting to know what will be the process once we can actually travel
My representative mentioned that "they cannot guarantee that your COPR will be extended past the validity of your current medicals. This will be at their discretion." I haven't replied back yet. In their email, it does mention to only reply back if your are for sure able/willing to travel with in the next 60 days, which makes me believe that it will be extended at a later time and re-medicals will have to be done, which I am fine with.

Would be interesting to see if someone else that didn't reply to the ready to travel email has received any communication after that.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

Yeah, this is good. It is 7pt email. Reply asap if you are ready to travel.

JS2101

Oct 30, 2018
Did you call from within Canada? If otherwise, can you please guide on how you got in touch with an agent? Thanks in advance.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
TipTuesday

Beware if the person you are considering hiring for immigration services mentions that they know someone in the Immigration Department that can help with your immigration application. http://bit.ly/2JEWpoC

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
OK i called the customer care today morning and explaning this situation again with agent. she told that for In land people, there will be a portal through which they will be landed. you will be getting the same something like that.. and also she told since you spoke to the immigration officer directly and they confirmed that this is the procedure then you have to beleive them. i dont see any issues with your file , the notes says "FIle is finalized and AL is issued to X and Y" when i ask about GC key update with counterfail, she said it is not being updated bcoz ur landing is not done yet.. so like that immigratio officer said. just wait for the virtual landing within this 60 days or wait for the day when your family arrives. Let see how it goes.. i am planning to book anyway and see what happens.

Hi,

Please can you give me the telephone number you used to call.

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Did you call from within Canada? If otherwise, can you please guide on how you got in touch with an agent? Thanks in advance.
My cousin living in Canada called IRCC and then put his phone on the speaker and that's how I was able to speak with the agent.